Peruvians Playing Elsewhere 2005 edition part 3

Discussion in 'Peru' started by condor11, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Luchi's Profile
    http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/players/bio.jsp?team=cor&player=gonzalez_l&playerId=gon782920

The son of Lucho and Michelle Gonzalez.....Has a brother Kristian, who plays for Georgia State…His favorite food is the traditional Cebiche dish from Peru made from fresh seafood…His most memorable soccer moment so far has been playing against Argentina's Boca Juniors in the Copa Libertadores Cup.

2. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    I guess so, my brother was born in new zealand but my mum(his dad is also peruvian) signed him in to the peruvian embasy straight away

so now he has both nationalities, i guess the same would apply to anyone with one peruvian parent

3. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I have 3x nationalities I believe...

4. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    and they are?

5. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    United States, Republica del Peru, y Republica de Colombia.

I beleive so atleast. I know that my mother and father both mentioned something about that.

You can't imagine the amount of attention I attact at airport security screenings. Drug sniffing dogs and all ;)

6. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    lol i can imagine

7. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    yes..

He is also a member of the hair club for men. :)

8. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    Yea, what the hell is that thing?

9. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  10. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    voted still what a strange poll

cristal on the most fans poll and angel on the best latin american in europe

11. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Tell me about :rolleyes:

12. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More on Vasquez, on a thread aptly titled Vasquez
    Even making fun of how he looks.... :) I'll bump the thread...look for more info...

Post from myshap
    "I've been watching him a long time, he's got a ton of talent. Spent time with the U-18s and U-20s and was a two time Best XI in the PDL with Central Florida. He's good on the ball, sees the field pretty well and has the touch to get the ball to the right spots. He obviously has a powerful shot and can hit it from anywhere. He needs to work on his off the ball movement. For as well as he sees the field with the ball, he can be pretty clueless off it. If he works on finding those little spaces, he'll get the ball more. Other then that in college he needed to work on his defense, but he's improved a little there.

Honestly if he would have come out in 2004, he would have been at least a second rounder. There's no way a player of his talent should have went all the way down to the second round of the supplemental draft. He lost his senior year to some kind of eligibility issues and out of sight out of mind kind of happened to him. He trialed with Colorado for a little bit last year, but Hanki never signed him. Then also in the offseason Ellinger gave him a trial, but didn't pick him up in the draft or supplemental.

I definatly think he has a bright future and if he can work on his weaknesses and improve there could be a Nat future for him."

Post from SoccerPrime
    "I've seen Eric play a lot here in Orlando.
    Eric was the captain and all-star player for the 2004 national champ PDL side Central Florida Kraze. He is originally from South Florida but joined the Kraze because he was attending the local University of Central Florida. Like myshap said, Vasquez tried out for the CRapids after dropping out of college.
    The Kraze had a home game this past Saturday and lots of cheers were heard when they announced that Eric had scored for the Crew.
    Hope he has a long and successful career there."

13. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
  14. Peruco83

Peruco83 Member+

May 8, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    They must have bad agents, I'm pretty sure there teams out there in better leagues that want 2 players with their talent, especially since they are NT regulars also.

15. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
  16. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    Didnt the Ecuadorian NT regular Franklin Salas have a t-shirt saying "gracias professor 10" that he started flashing after he scored. That's some respect for Oblitas. Oblitas and Chorri. The two off- and on-the field peruanos leading the way in Ecuador.

17. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Hehe no, that had nothing to do with Chorri and/or Oblitas. It had to do with some ecuadorian player that salas admires.
    Maybe the ecuadorians can fill us in some of that info.

18. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Alberto Rodriguez ready to sign for Santos Laguna

http://www.peru.com/futbol/AutoNoticias/DetalleNoticia63821.asp

good news that he's gonna play en el extranjero, but bad news that it's mexico. I think we can already cross him out as future NT material. a bright future wasted. let's hope he overcomes all odds and the trends that peruvians have had not succeeding in charrolandia.

19. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    ... not another one to mejico. :rolleyes:
    What a waste.. then again, his destiny seems to point to many doctors and many warm benches. :)

20. Peruco83

Peruco83 Member+

May 8, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    What's wrong with the Charro league? I'm not a fan of any team but just by looking at their Libertadores games, most teams are in better shape than our teams. It's a very competitive league and I'm glad el Mudo gets to prove himself in a more competitive league.

21. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    oh :(

because on Telemundo, Cantor made it sound like Salas was paying homaje to Oblitas. But maybe Cantor was just saying it for himself.

22. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    What position does that dude play?

Because if he starts and plays offense, he get quality play with Pony Reese and Mattias Vuoso along side. That was the highest scoring combo in la liga mexicana last year. Problem with Santos, is they have no defense and their goalie sucks.

The mexican league gets alot of respect now. Its not the way it was when Chorri went there.

23. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    Peruanos here on the west coast agree with that. The mexican league is twice as fast as the Peruvian league.

just being honest.

24. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    That DUDE plays defense

25. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    Then he will/should get playing time. Obviously Santos brought him in to help the defense.

He will be going up against some of the best strikers in the Americas.