Performance against Mainz

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by bharreld, Jan 30, 2020.

1. bharreld

bharreld Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Westlake, OH
  2. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have a good team. Good enough for the title? Probably not. But we shall see. Will we get decimated again at the end of the season by teams buying our players? Likely.

BTW, if you read German, check the player scores on Kicker's page.... Might be a fun comparison. Even if you don't you should be able to see them (numbers from 1-6 with 1 being tops).

https://www.kicker.de/4588823/analyse/borussia-mgladbach-15/1-fsv-mainz-05-30

3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    GLADBACH = BUNDESLIGA
    ;):D:thumbsup::rolleyes::p:ROFLMAO::ninja::alien::devilish:

4. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    good read, I guess most people over here saw it like you did
    for me Sommer was man of the match, Plea a close second
    very encouraging: Plea had a great first half in the season before (he signed in the summer of '18), but in 2nd half 18/19 (another 'style' of play back then, of course) but also in 1st half of this season (occasionally injured) he - simply speaking - wasn't nearly as strong ... good to see he is back and threatening in the case Thuram f.e. is facing a loss of form...
    Plea in Gladbach and especially in France played a lot of matches as winger (esp. left wing)... he's quite flexible and working for the team is more than a secondary acitivity to him... his speciality are accurate shots in the lower corners of the goal, it sometimes looks like a fired bullet right on target... but you also often hear something like "he's scoring the difficult ones, but wasting the simple ones"
    not to forget: at stages he looked a little bit 'stout' and occasionally he disappears during a match if the 'arrangement' in offense doesn't suits him well (hard to explain for me)... but if it does he shines...

Zak indeed with a weeker match... too much weight on his shoulders against S04, against Mainz Kramer backed him, but he still couldn't shine like most of the time... overall Zak is our biggest 'asset' (Sommer is too old for that ;-)

Johnson did well given the fact that he usually is injured or at least not in the groove... don't know what he is able to do if he stays healthy and gets the chance to perform several matches in a row (and gets in shape)... but I guess that isn't happening anymore at Borussia, he has aged and the overall squad-quality has improved over the years (but under Favre he had a very good time, he was more important than elusive observers recognized), still Rose likes his flexibility, the club sent talent Beyer on loan to Hamburg because of Johnson's polyvalence

didn't check your grading so far (I hope later)
    I have to warn you ;-) traditionally gradings/ratings are often viewed with suspicion over here... and I'm a little bit old school ;-)
    (even some statistics like save percentages for goalies -big in the US I suppose- are still ignored by many... but this might be changing bit by bit in the next generations especially as the data is easily available for quite some time)

of course most media provide an (overall)-grading after the matches... but acc. to ambitious supporters (not me of course) the established journalists in Europe seldomly are in-depth experts of the game ;-)
    anyway it's a tough task that's for sure... to really analyze a match you have to watch it several times, especially looking for backyard action, movements without ball etc... and you need TV-close-ups as well as the overall perspective TV/streams cannot provide... and then you still sometimes only can surmise what the coach in general told the team to do tactically... and even more: you don't know what the coach explicitly instructed a certain player to do (or not to do)... Gisdol of struggling Goattown f.e. told his fullbacks to stay 'back' and by no means to compromise the team's compactness i heard... and when they do observers rate them 'weak in offense' ;-)

bharreld repped this.