Pepi, Tillman and Dest - all games PBP thread

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by dark knight, Jan 8, 2022.

1. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Post game interview in Bild with Hummels. Quite entertaining actually. The PSV guys were all smiling at him after the PK was given:

<<Hummels after the game at "Amazon Prime": "Zero percent penalty. I slip in, I clearly play the ball first, then just brush him minimally. We're in football, so I'm sorry. Zero percent penalty."

And further: "Tilmann laughed himself to death on the field, Bakayoko laughed to death, they all grinned at me, for minutes. Second ridiculous penalty after the Paris game, which we have already conceded. I don't understand the referees at the moment." >>

https://m.bild.de/sport/fussball/ch...r-elfer-entscheidung-87239398.bildMobile.html

zlatan_but_a_car repped this.
  2. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    Yeah man, everyone is an idiot except you. They just lucked into getting paid for it

3. Funny thing is that Voetbal International quotes German refs, who think it's avery justified penalty.
    https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/duitse-scheidsrechters-vinden-psv-strafschop-terecht

mace and TimB4Last repped this.
  4. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1654 mace, Feb 20, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2024
    And double funny is the Bild in house "ref" also said he would have called it (as later stated in the article). So, I guess Tilmann and Bakayoko really had something to chuckle about.

EDIT: So, on that link you sent it had a vote at the bottom if the penalty was justified or not. Of course I voted YES but current status is 66% voting NO. Do the Dutch hate PSV or what? LOL I would've thought the Dutch would of course think that was a penalty!

5. No.
    We how ever watch matches and see what we believe is right or not, regardless if it's for or against us.

Bajoro, Winoman and Dervos repped this.
  6. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Dest starts, Tillman and Pepi are on the bench, PSV visiting PEC Zwolle.

7. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dest with an assist on the first goal. Should have scored later in the half.... perfect give-and-go in the box that he heavy-touched to the GK. Seems like he has done that a significant number of times this year. Not sure why he has such a hard time scoring but the assist numbers are looking pretty solid now. I think that is 6 in 18 games. Not bad for a FB.

Winoman, Dervos and TimB4Last repped this.
  8. Numero Dos

Numero Dos Member

Sep 8, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Pepi subbed in at 71 after DeJong got his hatty. Pepi's defender scored an own goal trying to keep Lozano's cross from going to Pepi to make it 6-1. In the 88th, Pepi received a cross with a bit of a heavy touch, but slid to knock in the loose ball for a 7th. And that's how it ended. 7-1.

mace, TimB4Last and Winoman repped this.
  9. upload_2024-2-25_0-42-9.png
    VI ratings:
    upload_2024-2-25_0-41-37.png
    upload_2024-2-25_0-40-34.png

Attached Files:

Winoman repped this.
  10. De Jong, despite a hattrick with head and left and right foot just awarded an 8 by Voetbal International.

11. AD Sportwereld
    upload_2024-2-26_18-31-2.png
    AD Sportwereld rated de Jong with a 9.

12. upload_2024-3-2_15-41-38.png
    CET!
    Both teams have personal problems to deal with in this match.
    Feyenoord's creative star Stengs has been fouled into injury by the asshole who a couple of years ago fouled Rubio Rubin into a long injury spell.
    Winger Alireza is out and question mark about Hartman, who was out in the Cup match with illness.
    PSV has to deal with missing Saibari and a question mark is Veerman, the creative brain in the midfield. He, like Hartman is recovering from an illness too. Guus Til is fit again.

Gacm32 and Bajoro repped this.
  13. Haha, Peter Bosz should put Pepi on the pitch, because Luuk de Jong never scores against Feyenoord.
    Iirc he hasnot done that in 10 years playing against Feyenoord.

Gacm32 repped this.
  14. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Here we go … Dest and Tillman start!, Pepi on the bench. PSV (1st) hosting Feyenoord (2nd).

Gacm32 repped this.
  15. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    GOAL TILLMAN FOURTH MINUTE

Bajoro, Gacm32, mattjens and 2 others repped this.
  16. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    The goal - De Jong nice back to goal touch to Tillman. Tillman straight up burns a defender 30 yards from goal, carries forward, and places one nicely inside the far post.

Just a minute earlier, Dest had an argument for a yellow card and/or a penalty getting taken down dangerously and late while making a cross, but got neither.

Gacm32 and Martino2Buddle repped this.
  17. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I literally turn on the match and see Dest getting absolutely chopped down near the box with no call and then a minute later see Tillman score a beauty of a goal. Within 1 minute I answer my own question of whether the Yanks are involved and how much. :D

18. Dervos

Dervos Member+

Mar 13, 2002
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    What a start!
    • Tillman with a soiid defensive play
    • Dest shows his blistering speed to get behind the defense and almost win a PK
    • Tillman with some filthy work outside the box to go in alone and score.

This is fun!

Gacm32 and TimB4Last repped this.
  19. Dervos

Dervos Member+

Mar 13, 2002
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Malik working his * off pressing the backline and keeper, and it's been really effective :thumbsup:

Gacm32 and TimB4Last repped this.
  20. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Which of you was just using a voodoo doll? Gimenez has a breakaway saved and Luuk hit in the head within one minute.

21. Dervos

Dervos Member+

Mar 13, 2002
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Bajoro, Winoman, Gacm32 and 3 others repped this.
  22. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Dest's low cross almost turns into the rarely executed Ass Own Goal, but off the post. And then Tillman's shot goes off the post. Too many asses and posts.

Gacm32 and Dervos repped this.
  23. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Teams never learn. Playing around with the ball around your own box, trying to be cute with playing out of the back is something that costs teams dearly again and again. And yet we see goal after goal like this, week after week.

Dervos repped this.
  24. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Oh Chucky…you sucky