Pep Talks Not Working - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Sad

2. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    tools = half decent players, less money wasted on players happy only to pick up the pay check perhaps? Fact is we have bought some rubbish over the last few seasons, I'm hopeful that the recent acquisitions prove to be a little 'better'! I shudder when I think how much money we wasted on Lukaku and Werner (to name but two).

3. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The implosion of arsenal begins. . . "The Jorghinio Effect".

lobomojo and Dr_Intoxicated repped this.
  4. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sean Dyche with a huge huge win. I think he keeps them up and simultaneously ends Lampards coaching career. Lamps will have left two teams and bad situations only for the team to win UCL and stave off the drop convincingly.

Cosmin10 repped this.
  5. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The Liverpool implosion continues against Wolves. Liverpool had 58% of the possession. Wolves scored all the goals. 3-0.
    Decisive.
    Maybe possession football is not everything?

6. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Jessie Marsh sacked. Straight to USMNT?

7. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Seven games without a win. But he seemed to be installing something positive in the players.

8. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope not. I like him more than the last guy but still not good enough.

Cosmin10 repped this.
  9. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    I agree better than Berk, but I don’t love Marsh either, ever since he stuck his nose in our business. He’s got an awful high opinion of himself for someone with middling success.

I actually think the only thing that will keep him out of the national team job is his own ego. I would bet he thinks he’s above the job.

10. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In a perfect world, we get Ralph Rangnick to take the TD job (he’d have to quit Austria NT). Then get Low to take the coaching job.

US might be one of the more attractive jobs right now. Young core with more in the pipeline. Fits very well into the pressing mold. Hosting two major tournaments in the next 4 years (Copa America and World Cup).

11. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yep, yes it is. Make Pulisic player manager? [joke]. But I wonder if we have a really big named manager lined up? Whomever gets the job gets 4 years at least and it really will be a nice high paid job. Tuchel? Zidanne? Poch? Enrique? I mean maybe Pep once his citeh does are over?

12. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    FFP

Financial Fair Play and Citeh
    Oh my!
    They are in some serious trouble.

WE can throw stones. We are not in a glass house. We are are spending money like crazy, but we are fine in doing so. We are not going to be caught in some financial scandal. Last year Chelsea FC just had the British govt comb through our finances to find any leads that could connect us to Putin. Then Todd and Co. also looked over the books upon purchasing the club. We have been thoroughly scrutinised.

If we had any wrongdoing, it would have popped up. AND We have already served all punishment for any mistake the Roman management had made with our transfer ban some summers ago.

13. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  14. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Arsenal win 4-2 - with two goals in injury time. Jorginho has a shot on goal . . . Bloke never did that for us bar Fulham under Sarri.

15. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    I don’t know if Potter will work it out or not, but I think we really missed out on Ten Hag.

StamfordBridgeLions and lobomojo repped this.
  16. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Liverpool were 2-0 up against Real Madrid. AND now it is 4-2 to Madrid. Chaos.

17. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Carlo giving Klopp a lesson in coaching and management.

18. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Pep and Citeh in total control in Leipzig. Nkunku on the bench. Old boy Werner playing. Gvaridol also playing.

19. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    RB Leipzig did much better in the 2nd half. Gvardiol got a goal. Nkunku did well when he came on.

20. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ManUtd beat Barthalona fairly easily. Ten Hag talks about his players personalities and that they are "winning types".

21. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BVB top of the table...at least until manana.

22. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Who do you all think will be heading down. I’d be fine with Southampton and Bournemouth. They just been taking up space for years. After that? I’d also be fine with Wolves. They had a run, but aren’t offering much any more.

23. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Too many London teams. imho. So getting rid of 3 London teams would be best. 7 teams from London out of 20 is too many. I like to see teams from all over the country. That said, you seem to have it about right, Southampton and Bournemouth and Wolves.

God forbid Millwall get promoted.

24. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Absolutely, a third of our games are London derbys

Derby games are always more tricky

25. Dr_Intoxicated