Pep Talks Not Working - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    imho watching the European Cup final in 1985 was way more disturbing and the fact they just carried on and played the game anyways while the bodies were stacked in the parking lot was incredible.

But Liverpool's uncertain position on Heysel was made doubly vexed by Hillsborough. The two disasters, while polar opposites in terms of the Liverpool supporters' role at each, can no longer exist in isolation. Emotionally, the outrage that the club attracted in 1985 and the agonies that it experienced in 1989 might be fiendishly difficult to reconcile, but there are historical connections. As Foot puts it: "A Belgian government fell over Heysel. It was a huge political scandal. It was also a major turning point for British football. Put Heysel and Hillsborough together, and consider the ban, and this was the moment that football changed."

There are voices in Italy that go much further. Caremani, who has been sharply critical in his published work of Liverpool's limp-wristedness in the wake of Heysel, makes the incendiary contention that 96 deaths at Hillsborough could never have occurred if the lessons of 1985 had been properly absorbed. "From 1985 to 1989, the English were only angry about being banned from Europe," he says. "Heysel and Hillsborough had three important similarities: the disorganisation of the authorities, the behaviour of the police, and the fact that innocent people died. If the English had understood Heysel, Hillsborough today would only be the name of a stadium, not of a disaster."

2. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Emery gone. Poch to Arsenal?

3. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Freddie Ljungberg in charge at Arsenal for now. Bloke from Wolves the favourite to get the job. I think that they should go with Paul Merson.

4. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hope so, if he could not win or stay in top 4 with a far more talented team, Arse will be relegated :p;):D

actually think he is better than Emrey, but beyond laughable how pundits and the NBC hyenas were going on about how Pooch is a Top 5 coach in the world:ROFLMAO:

5. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I rate the Wolves coach but outside of front 3, I am not sure Arse are that more talented than where is at now

6. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Allegri could be a good option for them as well. Arsenal have funds to Poch might do well as well. Will be interesting.

7. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Emery was at one point a good to potentially great manager, especially when he was at Valencia. If you told me ten years ago he'd be sacked from Arsenal I'd have laughed.

Arse really need a plan though with their squad.

8. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea their squad doesn’t seem to have a plan. It’s just a mismatch of talented players. They need an identity.

9. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    -->I think you mean Sevilla? There, he also had Monchi as director of football.
    -->Sane people think Poch is an average manager. Most football people rate him in the top 10. Football people are usually not sane.
    -->I highly doubt Poch will go to Arsenal.

lobomojo repped this.
  10. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Valencia. Sevilla was after Valencia. After Almeria went to Valencia when they had David Villa, David Silva, and Juan Mata. Still managed to do well when the first two were sold.

11. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    boom!

emery will get another good job. though his ghosts will haunt him.

12. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He hasn't really lived up to his potential. I remember Syd Lowe raving about him when he joined Valencia.

13. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Funds, funds,...

what funds are going to buy better than Kane?; better than Son? who I would love to have; better than Alli, Erickson and Moura; better than the rest of their midfield better than the D that between him and Levy they pissed off and chased some off...

It would cost Arse hundreds of millions to catch up with the talent of Pooch's old job; basically Arse is done for awhile as Top 4 contenders, as is likely ManU, assuming they don't play us ever week:(, probably as well

I do rate Allegri and he would improve them to a point but I would wait or grab the ManU job if I was him, they have some young talent and the willing resources, if they get Woodward out of the way

14. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Shelvy with a beauty following De Bruynes beauty, first time Shelvy has ever given me a positive feeling

15. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Some great goals in this game. KDB looked arrogant after his goal. Shelvey shut him up.

lobomojo repped this.
  16. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Portugal, france and Germany drawn together for euro 2020. Tasty.

17. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    • Group A: Italy, Switzerland, Turkey, Wales
    • Group B: Belgium, Russia, Denmark, Finland
    • Group C: Ukraine, Netherlands, Austria, Path A/D*
    • Group D: England, Croatia, Czech Republic, Path C**
    • Group E: Spain, Poland, Sweden, Path B***
    • Group F: Germany, France, Portugal, Path A/D*

18. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to see Norwich doing well. I really hope they stay up.

19. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Catching up from traveling.

I think smiling Jose is terrifying. He’s dangerous at Tottenham. There are no expectations. Nothing like Chelsea, Man U, Madrid. He’s playing with house money and he knows it.

If Arsenal is smart, which I hope they aren’t, they’ll go after Patrick Viera and start a rebuild before they’re stuck in a Man U-like cycle of denial.

lobomojo and Rman3349 repped this.
  20. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think Beckham was trying to get Viera for Inter Miami.

Based on the reporting I've read, the problems at the head offices are widespread - something a new manager may not be able to fix.

21. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not sure about Viera tbh. Vieria moved to French side Nice at the start of last season but has yet to make a real impact and they sit three points above the relegation zone. Not a great CV really.

You are right about Jose at Spurs. Jose and Spurs could keep us out of the top 4. Arsenal need a complete over-haul and Spurs don't at all. Poch had created a good foundation.

22. Boris10

Boris10 Member

Chelsea
    England
    Sep 25, 2019
    What level of improvement would you like to see at RM? Do they need to win the Champions League twice in one season or what?

23. Boris10

Boris10 Member

Chelsea
    England
    Sep 25, 2019
    I just think that's a funny line to be honest.

24. Boris10

Boris10 Member

Chelsea
    England
    Sep 25, 2019
    My honest perspective of Mourinho is he just wants to win. If that means hard fought 1-0 with 11 behind the ball and winning a penalty with a dive on a break against the run of play, so be it.

If that means a swashbuckling 4-3, then so be it... for now. But work on that defence so that next week it's 3-0. He'll make excellent use of the likes of Kane and Son, real company men. Danny Rose will not survive under Mourinho and a year from now someone like Alderweireld will either be regarded as one of the best CBs in the world or be playing for a different club.

25. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    United waking up justttt for Jose :ROFLMAO:

And of ********ing course West Hams goes and loses right after beating us.. annoying

lobomojo repped this.