Pentagon Advisory Board: US losing "the war of ideas"

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Norsk Troll, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Norsk Troll

Norsk Troll Member+

Sep 7, 2000
    Central NJ
    The Pentagon's Defence Science Board (a group of civilian experts appointed by the Pentagon to adivise on scientific, technical and other issues) released a report last week (no thread about it until now???), claiming that the US's war on terrorism is not being helped by its foreign policy, finding that the Afghanistan and Iraq wars have raised the stature of radical enemies of America.

Quotes from the report include:

"Muslims do not hate our freedom, but rather they hate our policies."

"The overwhelming majority voice their objections to what they see as one-sided support in favour of Israel and against Palestinian rights."

"When American public diplomacy talks about bringing democracy to Islamic societies, this is seen as no more than self-serving hypocrisy."

"US actions appear... to be motivated by ulterior motives, and deliberately controlled in order to best serve American national interests at the expense of truly Muslim self-determination."

http://www.fas.org/irp/agency/dod/dsb/commun.pdf

2. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Very interesting. Obvious conclusions, but ones which were fought vigorously and even viciously by the Likudniks.

What makes this all more interesting is that it comes from the Pentagon Advisory Board. I haven't read it, but if those quotes are any indication, something is going on in the Pentagon where the neocons (Wolfowitz, Feith and company) used to hold sway. I guess with Richard Perle being sidelined, this institution has undergone some serious changes too!

3. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh. Whom ever would have guessed? :rolleyes:

4. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    freedom haters

5. russ bolshevik

russ bolshevik Red Card

Sep 30, 2004
    midnight in moscow
    Skull & bones demand death. As many millions of people as Bush can kill is what the job requires. This is why it is so important to them to have a Bush in the driver's seat. To get the killing done of races other than the chosen. Less people on the planet means less people they have to kill next time.

6. CosmosKramer

CosmosKramer Member

Sep 24, 2000
    Yokohama
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    My guess is that there will be some job openings at the Pentagon Advisory Board. I thought the Bush administration only retained personnel that told them what they wanted to hear.