Penn State vs. St Bonaventure (R)

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by Hax, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Hax

Hax BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 1, 2000
    Penn State 2 - St. Bonaventure 0

The Nittany Lions rebounded from Friday's loss at Akron with a solid 2-0 win against St. Bonaventure. Simon Omekanda scored his third goal of the season on a beautiful diving header in the second half, Hiro Oka provided the cross. Penn State struck again late in the second half when Mike Lindemann beat several players and found Brian Tully unmarked in the box for the tap-in. The Nittany Lions played without Chad Severs who sprained his ankle against Akron, as well as Paul Omekanda and Markku Viitanen. Jeff Chambers suffered a nasty head injury in the second half as he collided with a Bonnie, the bloodied Chambers did not return but warmed up a little afterwards.

I'm showing how rusty I am on rules but can someone tell me how a foul in the penalty box can be considered an indirect kick? A few of us were baffled by that call, why not a penalty? Otherwise the match was a little scrappy, PSU had a few shots turned away by the Bonnies' keeper (I forget his name). Once again Penn State was a little slow out the gate, but like their games against Boston College and Hartwick, they played much better in the second half. Next up for PSU is Friday's Big Ten showdown at Indiana. The Nittany Lions improve to 5-3 overall.