Penn @ Maryland 10/21 7:00 p.m. ET

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by dcajedi, Oct 21, 2003.

1. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    Anyone going to this game please PM me, I'd like to get your opinions on what happens... thanks.

2. lastword

lastword New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    College Park, MD
    Pennsylvania vs. the Terps

Just got home from the game. I spent too much time scanning the stands to see if there was somebody dumb looking enough to be Terp Fan. I only saw about 500 that fit that description, and they all denied being the Terp. I should have watched the game, but, then again, why even play Pennsylvania? I think the lads were wondering the same. The Terps managed to win against a vastly inferior side without Abe Thompson. What is wrong with Dom Mediate? It looks as if he is more uptight than "Sash" and Terp Fan.

3. DCU9ted

DCU9ted New Member

Aug 24, 2002
    Rockville
    (R)

What was the score?

4. gsterp

gsterp Member+

Jul 16, 2003
    College Park
    dc, your inbox in full. Couldn't get the message out to you.

5. gsterp

gsterp Member+

Jul 16, 2003
    College Park
    Maryland won 2-1. Penn scored around min 24 to go into the break up 1. Chris Lancos and Jason Garey scored to give Maryland the win.

Both teams favor the direct approach to attacking, and it showed. Very little play in the midfield in the first half. Maryland possessed the ball a little better in the second half, which probably proved the difference. Thompson and Herrera didn't play for Maryland, and Salvati started in net. Noah Palmer came on at halftime.

Refereeing was decent, but he let a lot of stuff go. Decent win, given the shorthandedness of the team, but really should've done better. Take this one as one of those character builders where even though the team didn't play their best, they fought through to get the win. Might be ugly, but come tournament time, its good to know how to win those sorts of games in my book.

On a side note, it was evident why Penn's keeper is an All-American. Kid kept the Quakers in the game with a few clutch saves. Very impressed with his play; nothing he could do about the goals.

6. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    :eek:

yeah matt haefner, our goalkeeper, is quite good, he spent some time w/dc united over the summer and both he and erik violante (sophomore defender) had a 21-day trial with sochaux over the summer.

but man, that we scored first... wow....

7. iusccerfan

iusccerfan New Member

Jul 6, 2001
    Does anyone know to what extent Abe Thompson is injured? Just more complications from the broken foot from earlier or something different???