Penalty 'Touch and Go' - Rio

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by bvamin72, Oct 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    You're right on Toure - although that was probably as much to do with the fact that if he did look up he would have had a showerful of phlegm from Phil Neville's screaming fit.

Although I do stand by the comment on the Arsenal players - there was certainly an amount of barracking of the ref after Toure went down

2. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Without disagreeing with you at all (that's my way of sayong you may be right and I don't remember it correctly), I thought they were trying to get back for the counter-attack.

3. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    ya know prawn.... piss off mate.... if that was an ATTEMPT at a dive.. it was rediculous cuz there wasnt a chance in hell he would of received one....
    and phil neville????? ya that boy sure belonged on the pitch.... what a total 2nd division player

4. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    exactly topcat.... there was no beef there.... gimme a ********ing break... manyoo wankers.... have fun goin for a uefa cup spot..

5. Grah

Grah Member

Sep 4, 2003

How many games would the run be if Pires hadn't gotten the no contact penalty v Portsmouth???

You would have also not gotten the unbeaten season, so your whole invincible tag rest on that of a DIVER. suppose Alan Widely is your vote for best Ref.

Best you not bring diving up again, Reyes went down holding his legs after the phil neville clash but replay shows not contact with his legs........

There is no denyiny in free form Arsenal's soccer is a pleasure to watch but diving, hitting, physical defending is no different from any other team. If Rudd is made an example off then So should CoLe the Yellow and the Ronaldo hack both from behind both no attempt to play the ball.

But we all know that UTD gets made the Example off. 8 months for missing a piss couple of games for Attacking a player after the game....

6. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Why wouldn't he have got one? Do you subscribe to this conspiracy theory about Riley and Man U? How about all those red cards he gave to opposing teams that he later rescinded? Strange how you never answered that point isn't it....

Don't let facts stand between you and your warped view of the world will you... :rolleyes:

You mean the same Phil Neville who helped shout out your attack which was averaging over 3 goals a game? The same Phil Neville who has a habit of owning Vieira whenever they play?

Take your blinkers off and grow up for a minute. You're living in la-la land right now.

7. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003

that happened in the early 2nd half.. why wouldnt we of scored another???
    moron

8. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003

why? cuz it wasnt a penalty... period.. and we all know riley wouldnt give arsenal a penalty at OT....
    and regarding neville... if he is so dominate.. why would we receive offers of over 25 million quid for Vieira's services, yet phil neville is rated at about 1 million quid AT BEST.. be serious.. take off yer ********ign blinders mate

as far as recinding red cards, well, that is their ********in problem.. makes no sense to me, im not in the FA

9. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Nice logic - you subscribe to the Riley is pro Man U when his decisions go against you but when they are in your favour then it's someone else's problem. Does that really make sense to you???

Where did I say anything about Neville's transfer value? Cute how you do nothing to repudiate my comments but attack his transfer value instead. Could that be because you have neither a point or a clue? :rolleyes:

10. Grah

Grah Member

Sep 4, 2003

eh lets see IT WAS THE ONLY GOAL YOU SCORED AND YOU DIDN'T SCORE ANOTHER TO GET THE WIN.

Oh yea thats right 1-1 is a ok for Arsenal keeps the streak, thats why after the Man U goal on Saturday Arsenal had more attacking plays. TRYING to Score for the first time in the game.

11. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    okay.... lets get wise ass prawn.. i can see where this is going..

logic that Riley is against ARSENAL???????? not at all..
    look at his record against EVERY TEAM THAT PLAYS AT OT.

and neville did ZERO to take vieira out of the game... be serious..
    so i guess i have a point AND a clue.... :rolleyes:
    Vieira dominated the middle of the pitch and allowed manyoo ZERO in attack.. thus, you scored on the dubious penalty, and when we had to move everyone into attack when teh game was already over.....
    thanks for playing~

12. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Shake it off, guys. Game's over.

I don't wanna' close another thread but this is slowly edging into "pissing match" territory.

13. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003

it is brad... im not takin the mick from manyoo ********ing wankers like this...
    midtable bunch of scrubs

14. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear....

So you're happy for Riley to be pro Arsenal when you play at home then? Thats what the evidence shows. Are you really being this hypocritical???

You'd also have a point if Phil Neville had actually played in the middle of the park and not as a sweeper to stop Bergkamp playing in the hole. Remind me again, just how big a game did Bergkamp have? Just how many chances did you create as a team?

Sounds to me like Phil Neville did exactly what he was supposed to do by killing off your attacks as soon as they got close to the Man U defence...

Drop it phishy, you're not only wrong but out of your league.

15. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Sorry Coach - don't appreciate being tagged with the blinkered label after the comments I've made on here and the Man U forum....

Game Over

16. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    OK, now hug...

:D

17. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    what the fvck does that mean???? pompous ********er
    you will always be a plastic supporter and a total twat~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

18. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    I might pass on that for the moment - I wonder why.... :rolleyes:

19. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    No hug, no thread...

Come on, phishy, just open your arms to Prawn...

:p

20. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003

blinkered tosser.... have to go to the dreaded NEG REP mode... what a joke..
    i dont even care to neg rep you... your comments speak volumes for your ineptnes... GAME OVER~

21. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    £1million for a current England player with 50 caps? What is is this 1979?

22. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    OK, that'll do.

Sorry guys, but this is going nowhere.