Penalty 'Touch and Go' - Rio

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by bvamin72, Oct 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bvamin72

bvamin72 New Member

Dec 15, 2003
    London
    That says it all!!!!! When a player on the winning team says that, what is one suppposed to think? It is obvious that it was a 'no call' and play should have been resumed.

2. special_k

special_k Red Card

Aug 5, 2004
    Brunswick/Cle, OH
    can you explain what happened? i didnt get to see the game, but my friend tells me that Rooney took a dive. is this the case?

3. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Rooney took a lesson out of horseface man's book...Dive, you ask? He was ********in Greg Lugganis!?!?

4. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Gosh you all still with this?! Rooney might have took a dive but 3 mins later we SHOULD have had a penalty so the decision even it self out. Sheesh!!

5. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    and you think the second challenge would have happened if the fake penalty had not been awarded?

6. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i wonder how many freekicks or penalties pires has earned from diving in the past year.

7. bvamin72

bvamin72 New Member

Dec 15, 2003
    London

Well, if Cole's legit challenge was a penalty, how come I don't see anyone from Man Utd saying so?

8. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    because were not a whole bunch of whining bitches....that's why....

9. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    I say so as well - Cole swiped both of Ronaldo's legs in the penalty box.

You arsenal fans are strangely quiet about Toure's dive for a penalty in the last few minutes.... do you think that was ok or not?

10. bvamin72

bvamin72 New Member

Dec 15, 2003
    London
    It may not be ok, but if Riley is going to call crap contact, you will try to do anything get the call.

11. bvamin72

bvamin72 New Member

Dec 15, 2003
    London
    Well if he result was a draw or went our way, I'm sure I would here you lot **********in' whining about it.

12. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talk about diving. Pires, Reyes and Henry are the worst offenders in the game. Hey, are you citeh in disguise?

13. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    So it "may" not be ok for Toure to do it but it is definitely not ok for Rooney to do it? Is that what you are saying? Can you explain the difference in the concept?

14. bvamin72

bvamin72 New Member

Dec 15, 2003
    London
    Don't forget Ruud Van NistelDive.

15. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Exactly and because we won. ... 2-0... :cool:

16. Davros

Davros Member

Mar 13, 2004
    Mandurah
    Congratulations Wayne - through a wonderful display of poor sportsmanship you have secured 3 points that may just mean at the end of the season your team has enough points to secure a UEFA Cup berth in Europe next year.

The only good to come of tonight is that this immature brat Rooney has earned himself a spot amongst the pathetic divers of the game, and we will now see real challenges against him (both inside and outside the box) widely disbelieved by the refereeing community. What goes around comes around. This kid needs to focus on his own game rather than running about the pitch trying to ref the game and pouring abuse on the officials. He had a shocker, both in content and gamesmanship. They should give him his yellow for diving in the box after a video review, another for abuse of officials, and a 3rd for bringing the game into disrepute.

This laothsome oink needs to be stepped on roughly at the start of his career before the little pissant starts believing too much of his own press.

17. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Okay I guess Cole did not bring down Ronaldo. I guess that Toure just lost his footing at the end. I guess Pires does not dive! :rolleyes:

18. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Fine - give Toure a yellow for his dive in the box and disreput. Also give yellows to the Arsenal players who abused the officials just as bad as Rooney did.

Alternately, put it in the past and let it go. You can look forward to trying to gain revenge at Highbury in February....

19. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    Well Wayne can be proud...he can now be mentioned in the same breath of players like Reyes, Pires, and the incredibly talented COUGH::DIVER::COUGH Thierry Henry...shut up wansksta's it's over, no amount of crying is gonna get the result reversed...it's final YOU LOST!!

EDIT: The word with the smiley face is suppose to be diver, but bc of bigsoccer it is a smiley

20. Davros

Davros Member

Mar 13, 2004
    Mandurah
    LOL - the fishing is wonderful at this time of year - 3 Manure's on the line at the same time. What a pity I have to wander off to work.

Say what you like guys - you're team is shite this year, and the immature brat Rooney still needs a massive dose of "Grow the F*** UP". Enjoy the win, and try to convince yourselves you really earned it. That may give you solace in an otherwise barren and disappointing season :)

21. PokerNSoccer

PokerNSoccer New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Area 51 Chicago
    U guys get credit for second goal not 1st goal/dive!

22. PokerNSoccer

PokerNSoccer New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Area 51 Chicago

I always predicted we would NEVER get outplayed when we lost out unbeaten run! Just out lucked! Great job Riley, really great job!!!!!!!!!

23. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    You want some ice with that bitter lemon?

24. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Really pathetic guys. Blatant double standards to be complaining about diving. Your run was ensured by certain members of your team doing exactly the same thing. Swings and roundabouts. As for Rooney, I take it you will all be booing him next time he puts on an England strip? I take it everything is okay until it happens to you...

25. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You better quit reading what those pathetic pro-gooner writers in the paper say. Arsesenal only had one chance the entire match and Henry missed it becuase he is not a big game player. You got out hustled, out-tackled and outscored in our 2-nil victory!! I just f'n hate Arsesenal, their manager, their players and everyone one of their fans even though they haven't won **********e. If you win the next 8 of 11 titles then I will actually believe, wait while I laugh for a second, the balance of power has shifted.