Pelé all official games

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Trachta10, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    21/11/1965 Brasil 2 x 2 Soviet Union
    1 assist in goal.com, but it seems that Dudu was who made the pass

[​IMG]

2. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    In goal.com is mentioned one assist in this game, Brasil 4 x 0 Chile, but this game doesn't exist. They are probably referring to this game, 19/05/1966 Brasil 1 x 0 Chile, and I didn't find an assist

[​IMG]

3. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    15/06/1966 Brasil 2 x 2 Czechoslovakia
    1 assist in goal.com, Pele is not mentioned but the assist is possible

[​IMG]

4. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    14/12/1968 Brasil 2 x 2 West Germany
    1 assist in goal.com, but there is no assist

[​IMG]

5. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    12/06/1969 Brasil 2 x 1 England
    1 assist in goal.com, but here Pelé is not mentioned

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Tropeiro

Tropeiro Member+

Jun 1, 2018
    Yes, seems to be Pelé the final pass:

7:10

7. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Yeah, I probably don't want to look through them all myself atm, but videos can always help and for sure I think that is a Pele assist vs Germany.

Two which are not are the one vs USSR in 1965 (previously I assumed it was because the Pele vs USSR Youtube videos (plural I think) show the pass, but I think it is correct that it is Dudu because number 10 comes in to celebrate from a different part of the pitch, so it doesn't matter whether it counts as a clean assist or not after the slight deflection), and the one vs England in 1969 (again number 10 is shown after the goal in a different place to the player who flicks the ball on, so again it doesn't matter if there was any deflection deemed to prevent it being a narrow assist). I remember I included a Kocsis pass (not assist though) on a Hidegkuti vs England video before for example so it can easily be done, like happened with Pele vs USSR there. The other case is maybe more the commentator saying Pele's name vs England when the player jumps to head the ball, so possibly the commentator made the wrong identification (like for the Donadoni assist to Van Basten vs Red Star Belgrade in 88/89 where the commentator seemed to announce it as being by Evani and Transfermarkt then had it down as such like I'd noticed not long ago).

So to be fair those two can be taken off, while the Germany one gets confirmed, thanks to the videos I think.

21.11.1965. BRAZIL-USSR Friendly Match - YouTube
    1969 (June 12) Brazil 2-England 1 (Friendly).avi - YouTube
    1:50
    The two examples I mentioned re: wrong identification of other players in similar situations...
    Nandor Hidegkuti vs England (1953) - YouTube
    0:52 is Kocsis which I realised afterwards
    1988 November 10 Red Star Belgrade Yugoslavia 1 AC Milan Italy 1 Champions Cup - YouTube
    The assist near the start is by Donadoni (I'm not sure the commentator does even get it wrong now, but he does say Evani's name at a possibly confusing time after saying Donadoni's I think, maybe hence the wrong assignment on Transfermarkt).

Legolas10 repped this.
  8. Joao1102

Joao1102 New Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Jan 8, 2021
    in goal.com they used a wide assistance critorio, counting rebounds, deflected passes and leaving assists out, not a good source of the Brazilian NT

9. Tropeiro

Tropeiro Member+

Jun 1, 2018
  10. Tropeiro

Tropeiro Member+

Jun 1, 2018
    He is mentioned there too.

Folha de São Paulo: https://acervo.folha.com.br/leitor....riginURL=&pd=c971d6a26bde38d5888e3d8da1d8ec8b

Pelé, que trocou de posição com Pepé, invadiu pela esquerda, driblou dois contrários e cruzou para Amarildo concluir com um tiro forte e marcar o segundo gol.

Bate a descrição com: "Djalma" adiantou-se e serviu Pelé que bateu (driblou) já na área Vazquez e Navarro (dois contrários) largando o balão ligeiramente atrasado (cruzou para) para Amarildo concluir e estabelecer o empate.

Jornal do Sports he is also mentioned: http://memoria.bn.br/DocReader/DocReader.aspx?bib=112518_03&Pesq=pele&pagfis=14073

2 assists.

11. Tropeiro

Tropeiro Member+

Jun 1, 2018
    I can check more after.

12. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Assists that I have found but are not mentioned in goal.com

20/09/1959 Brasil 1 x 0 Chile

[​IMG]

There was two games with the same score 12/05/1962 Brazil 3 x 1 Wales and
    16/05/1962 Brazil 3 x 1 Wales, goal.com counted two assists in those game, I found three

2 assists in 12/05/1962

[​IMG]

1 assist in 16/05/1962

[​IMG]

13. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    30/06/1966 Brazil 3 x 2 Sweden

[​IMG]

14. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    07/04/1969 Brazil 2 x 1 Peru

[​IMG]

15. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    21/08/1969 Brazil 6 x 2 Colombia

[​IMG]

16. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    26/03/1970 Brazil 2 x 1 Chile

[​IMG]

17. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
  18. Tropeiro

Tropeiro Member+

Jun 1, 2018
  19. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Like I said I haven't tried to make a thorough check myself re: which games have video goal highlights, but I saw the Wales games mentioned from 1962 and remembered that one of those at least certainly does, as I posted about it before in the Gerd Muller thread (although my post wasn't anything to do with Gerd Muller at that moment lol):

Trachta10 repped this.
  20. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    #195 PDG1978, May 23, 2021
    Last edited: May 23, 2021
    I notice that there is this comment which helps with the key moments without looking through the full video too:
    Gol de Pelé. 10:40 min. Gol de Coutinho (tabelinha com Pelé). 03:10 min. Gol de Garrincha (assistência de Pelé). 02:30 min. Drible estilo Pelé:. 03:58 min.

Basically one of Pele's assists is a dummy (and a worthy assist I think but depends on how OPTA classify it, and if not included without touching the ball then I guess that's a bit unlucky but if dummies are not added for any player then that would be understandable and consistent...however it is a form of quality assist even if with no contact on the ball, albeit Garrincha's goal that followed it was also eventually somewhat of a solo goal too to be fair).

EDIT - This other comment looks like a kind of retrospective report of a fan who was at the game I think:
    Assisti o jogo no Maracanã quando tinha 11 anos. No primeiro gol Pepe recebeu pela esquerda e passou ao Pelé na intermediária do Pais de Gales. Pelé nem tocou na bola, fez um porta luz e deixou para Garrincha na direita. Garrincha simplesmente driblou os dois adversários dentro da área em curto espaço. Estava nas cadeiras perto do gol do lado onde o Garrincha atacava. Os jogadores do País de Gales pareciam não acreditar...depois de comemorar o gol a torcida na arquibancada teve um acesso de risos...Foi um privilégio assistir o ataque do Santos com Garrincha
    Translation via Google:
    I watched the game at Maracanã when I was 11 years old. In the first goal Pepe received from the left and passed to Pelé in the intermediary of Wales. Pele didn't even touch the ball, made a light holder and left it to Garrincha on the right. Garrincha simply dodged the two opponents within the area in a short space of time. He was in the chairs near the goal on the side where Garrincha attacked. The Wales players didn't seem to believe ... after celebrating the goal the crowd in the stands had a laugh ... It was a privilege to watch Santos attack with Garrincha

Trachta10 repped this.
  21. Joao1102

Joao1102 New Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Jan 8, 2021
  22. Joao1102

Joao1102 New Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Jan 8, 2021
    in the book "American Soccer, history, culture class" speaks of Pelé's passage in the cosmos and mentions in this excerpt 18 assists in 1976

https://imgur.com/gallery/fJo3dUN

23. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I forgot to add the list of the games in the national team

Pelé in Brazil National Team

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Titanlux repped this.
  24. anamnesis del fútbol

Apr 9, 2021
    He dedicated himself to studying physical education. Pelé after the 1970s World Cup was no longer competitive. Sure he reached a degree of self-actualization in soccer and his focus was on studying. Santos didn't have a great time either, and the 1970s was a low-scoring decade. I do not think it is a physical problem or an overload of matches, it is not a solid argument, because Puskás, 38 years old and overweight, still had a great goal average.

Gregoire1 repped this.
  25. Trachta10

Trachta10 Member+

Apr 25, 2016
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    an interesting interview with Pelé, It would be great if someone could translate it to english

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Titanlux repped this.