PDL Final

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by antnee7898, Aug 9, 2008.

1. antnee7898

antnee7898 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is anyone watching the PDL Final tonight???? It's 1-1 in Extra Time right now. Loredo vs. Thunder Bay. Why don't we give this kid FELIX GARCIA a shot to join the Dynamo????????? This guy has some skills. He might develope into a great forward in the future. Someone write the Dynamo front office on this, please!!! Anyway, it's all Loredo right now and Garcia owns this team, though it may go into penalties. Good game.

2. bilzy

bilzy New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    For as good as he is in big games, he can be just as off in others. We've seen him play quite a few times and more often than not he is just good, but not great. I agree in a few years he might be a amazing , but he lacks the maturity right now. Too many times I've seen young guys ( 16-18yo) come in with a bang and fizzle out all too quickly. I'd say watch him another couple of years and see how he grows.

And the Chill are the new PDL Champs. Good match though :)

3. antnee7898

antnee7898 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah that sucked.

4. time_drifter

time_drifter Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Wharton
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They could always sign him and then loan him right back to Laredo. Provides sort of a guarantee that no one will grab him before we do.

5. scarfman

scarfman Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Houston
    I don't think it's that simple ... if he signed a contract with MLS, wouldn't he be subject to (a) the draft or (b) a lottery as a youth international?

6. ethan

ethan Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Hyde Park, HOU
    Could we at least file a Discovery on him? Although, I think this discovery business is a bit of a sham.

7. antnee7898

antnee7898 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah thats what i'm saying, get our hands on him before anyone else does.

8. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes...if Lalas can be "discovered", than so can this kid....

9. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have enjoyed watching the PDL Championship match ever since FSC started to make sure they air it each August. Laredo did well to earn the title last season and this Final was tremendous football at both ends of the field. Both sides linked up very nicley and both sides had players at every position that had quality first touches. The passing and individual skill was very pleasing to the eye.
    It is strange that even in Laredo Texas, so close to Mexico, all this title match needed was a proper soccer atmosphere. There was a hinchadita and they sang ok, yet the tifo and overal attendance in a no-name town like Laredo left much to be desired. I mean what else is there to do in freakin' Laredo on a Sat night in August? The whole town shoulda been there as their little town was the defending champions not to mention the entertainment to be had with both teams playing very attractively and all out in tackles and combative 50-50 balls.

I agree. I would very much like to see that Felix Garcia kid get a look from Dom as well as the #10 from Thunder Bay who equalized in very fine fashion...did y'all see that goal from that angle? Very crafty number 10 and of above average size for a 10 shirt player. He would also warrant a look.

TB Chill winning is now the first time a Canadian side has won the USL PDL title.

10. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Laredo, TX (like San Antonio) is Dallas Cowboy country. the old mexican-american families of Laredo don't have much interest in football, but they do have a huge interest in ice hockey. yes sports fans ice hockey, i have 3 huge clients in Laredo and every time i've gone down there they wanted to drag me to a hockey game. apparently those games fill-up. remember sports fans brown people don't necessary = mexicans passionate about football esp if they're multi-generational Americans (USA).

as for the peeps in Nuevo Laredo, Tamps. well they follow their FMF team. why would they cross the border on a saturday night and be harrassed by 'la migra' to watch a stinkin' PDL game. when you can get on the super-carreterra (toll-road) and be in front of Estadio Universitario to watch the best team in Mexico in 1hr 40minutes. in fact you run smack into the parking lot of the stadium if you keep going straight. :D

[​IMG]

11. OrangeCajun

OrangeCajun Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Cypress, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are'nt teams like Thunder Bay allowed in the Canadian qualifiers for CCL? Three teams just seams boring to me.

12. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    And why would people want to watch a team that's on the fastrack to the Second Division when they can see a Contender across town??:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

13. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    jajajajajajajajaja. you're losing your touch, it took you an hour and 18 minutes to respond. :D

14. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Yea well, I've been busy !!:cool:

15. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are those red creatures in the lower right corner?

16. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zombies?

17. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably not. But someone should attack them just in case.

18. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D

I'm sure Rey won't mind if someone does....

19. Aztex82

Aztex82 Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Austin, TX
    what's interesting about thunder bay winning the PDL is how different a climate and area thunder bay is than any other pdl team, especially Laredo. Thunder Bay is a relatively isolated city. It's a 7 hour drive to minneapolis and a 7 hour drive to michigan. There's no other major cities within a half a days drive. It's like texas in the sense that it's vast. to get to the capital of the province, toronto, it's an 18 hour drive. The temperature this time of year is different too. It can get up to 95, but it'll be 50 by sundown. I commend them for being a long shot for those reasons and others. Oh, and I'm partial because it's where I'm from. Go Chill!