PC - Mac flamewar

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Foosinho, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Squash

Squash Member

Mar 8, 2003
    I believe we decided the opposite, and made an exception for the uneducated and you Premium :)

Don't worru Premium, i own a pc...my xbox is about as close as I'll ever come and it has a layer of dust on it.;)

2. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    at least you've got space for ms products because you know deep in your mind you can't live without it. on the other hand i don't need to have any space for mac because i know i won't need it at all. what? my ipod? it's a product designed for windows, not for mac. plz study more. but it sure makes my whole body itch everytime i visit the apple website to get the latest update for ipod. it's like having bad allegy. watching that ugly website is such a painful experience i've been suffering since the day i bought my ipod. it should be moved under microsoft website one day.

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's that PH? Oh didn't you know, the next great XBox from M$ is going to have what in it? A PowerPC processor? How funny.

4. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    If you were on a Mac, iPod updates would be downloaded automatically so you wouldn't have to visit apple.com!

5. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    why can't you all just admit windows is better? is it such a hard thing to do?

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be like saying a chihuahua is bigger than a Great Dane, it's simply not true.

7. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
    A better comparison might be an AMD 64 running Windows XP 64-bit... wait, that Windows version still isn't out yet. BTW, who in the hell recommends a Dell or a Gateway for a home high-performance PC. Neither of them sells AMD.

I actually greatly prefer the Power PC architecture. I probably would have switched to a dual-booting Mac, except for a few pieces of software (Half-Life 2, Counterstrike). I would absolutely drool over a dual-processor G5.

8. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dante, hate to pick on you, but you might wanna move on. Arguing with Bill Gates's sockpuppet will just waste your time and energy.

Seriously, does anyone have a better explanation as to why hamatachi is all bent on windows? I don't think there is one.

9. Squash

Squash Member

Mar 8, 2003
    No Premiums right. i like windows in a house. I mean no windows to see out of and let air in. We all love windows. Oh wait you meant that POS OS, nevermind ;)

10. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have trouble telling whether the guy is serious or not, sometimes he's just so over the top. At least its funny to watch, either way.

11. JeffS

JeffS New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cameron Park, CA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whether he's trolling on purpose or he's actually that clueless is irrelavant. Everyone is laughing at him (not with him, and much less agreeing with him), and he certainly adds spice to these threads.

12. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    They would be so boring without him!

13. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. i know you're implicitly asking for help from others because you know you can't beat the wisdom of master hamatachi, you know I'll outsmart you everytime you challenge me, and most importantly you know windows is better than linux.

14. JeffS

JeffS New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cameron Park, CA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D

wisdom of master hamatachi???? ROTFLMAO

15. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    You know, this sounds like a post that would be written by a Kerry fan during the election. "America will vote for the right candidate, John Kerry!"

'Nuff said.

16. Squash

Squash Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Defending Premium is like betting on the horse with 3 legs. It's really not worth it ;)

17. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    What's not worth it, is spending $1200 on an Apple that won't be compatible with countless amounts a programs.

Squash...you like to make fun of Premium for his PC defending...but you do the same for Apple.

18. Squash

Squash Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Just curious ...do you read Premiums posts? I'm not sure you do.

19. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ignorance is bliss

20. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    well said. in such a short sentence, you pretty much killed those mac fanboys. just look at dante and squash, they don't seem to know whatelse they can say as they are losing completely now. they really shouldn't have lasted this long against the might of windows supporters, the true computer engineers. they humiliated themselves way to far. now i only feel sorry for them. ignorance is bliss? hahahaha when you don't know what ignorance really means then that indeed is bliss

21. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    "The Champ Is Here!" :D

Um Squash..I do read his posts, the same way I read your's. He hates Apples and you hate any Microsoft product that has ever existed (except for Apples...because it was Bill Gates that bought the Apple company from Steve Jobs back in the day because Steve simply couldn't run a company responsibly at the time). The same way he'll say something negative about an Apple user, you'll do the same by calling PC users "uneducated" and try to look nice and sarcastic with the use of a smile face. We all know that Mac users are the smartest and most educated people of all time. It's so obvious...since Mac is the most used OS ever, right?

Dante...hahaha....ignorance...I'm igonorant because I use a computer that isn't being built around the functions of teachers and artists...right..what ever you say.

Oh yeah, you know that PCs are better than Apples because it's always the Apple users trying to prove Windows users wrong....ever notice that?

22. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Well, you're making it clearly with every post that you really don't know what you're talking about.

And I think it's interesting that you mention "artists" as a negative, when in fact, creative professionals are the ones pushing the limits of processors and generally demand more innovations. Have you ever gone to a sound production house or a film editing studio that doesn't use Apple computers?

23. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    "mac is for artists and designers blah blah" i've heard enough already. ok, then let's see how artistic they are compared with windows. allow me to introduce the home page of microsoft and apple.

www.microsoft.com

wow, very stylish!! look how they use the color. blue is my favorite color and look at how effectively they put snow on it. it's winter!! christmas!! snow time!! wooohoooo!!! now let's see how they organize the links. wow amazing, they are very easy to follow as well. simply amazing.

now here is apple

www.apple.com

what is this? are you kidding me? i'm not a 3-year-old child. can anyone help them to fix the empty space on both sides? don't these "artistic" bastards even know how to use blank space? well, i guess they don't have much to be proud of so they don't have many things to put. if i ask you to tell me what's catching your eyes most, it's obvious why they don't have much to say on their home page. ipod huh? aren't you supposed to sell computers or did you already give up on mac?

24. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999

I use macs and most musicians USED to use macs but it's slowly changing simply because alot of programs are becomming PC only such as cakewalk and prophet 5. Still the majority use Pro Tools by digidesing and that works with either mac or pc - it's the software synths that are slowly going to pc only. For video, everyone still uses apple. The avid's work much better and faster with g4's than any pc out there regardless of processor.

Macs have much better hardware than PC's however I do think it's frustrating that my pc friends get to use alot of software that I can't get for a mac.

for what I do = use pro tools, surf the net using safari, download files via limewire = it is MAC for me.

If I was a gamer I'd probably get an alienware pc.

25. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999

I agree that Apple's website sucks, it's hard to navigate as well. However the microsoft site sucks too. But what does a web site have to do with the quality of the product?

Anyway Hamatachi you've failed to aknowlege that osx is better and more reliable than windows xp.