Paysse: Stay or Go?

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by BenReilly, Jul 27, 2002.

1. kasai

kasai New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    California
    I think her reporting skill as decent. She will get better with time. Just give her a chance.

2. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    18 year old males are in a perpetual state of "turned on."

3. firesting81

firesting81 Member+

Jan 16, 2001
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Veronica Paysee has been THE best addition to the weekly MLS telecasts this year. Her using so-called "non-questions" is a technique to interviewing in which you make a statement and wait for a response. It is meant to let the subject of the interview direct the conversation. It is also meant to open them up to the next question. It is a common practice.

Veronica has loads of personality, she seems very nice, has been steadily improving, and lands interviews with some great people. Her REAL strength is obtaning information from the sideline quickly and I think her personality helps in that regards.

IMHO, she is VERY hot, but that is beside the point. She seems like the type of woman who you could sit down with and have an intelligent conversation about soccer with. Hell, that is a lot more than you can say for most MEN in this country. She genuinely loves the game and that matters immensely.

4. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    //Her using so-called "non-questions" is a technique to interviewing in which you make a statement and wait for a response.//

Balderdash. Interviews are for questions. If you don't ask a question, it means you don't care what kind of answer you get. What you're talking about is a lazy way to fill TV/radio/whatever time. Ahmad Rashad is currently master of this domain.

It's not like I require Woodstein on the sidelines -- and, as been said before, I don't need other people's help understanding the game -- but asking "non-questions" is a wasted chance to bring some interesting information to the viewers.

The next logical progression in MLS broadcasting:

VP: That's right, Jack. I'm standing here with Clint Mathis with the match scoreless at halftime. Back to you.

JE: Thanks for the update, Veronica. Ty, do you have anything to add to that?

TK: No.

Anyway, I vote to bring back Desmond Armstrong.

5. Mississippi Flash

May 19, 2002
    Mississippi
    Until they get somebody good, it would help if the camera would back off a bit so we can get a better look at her. After all, that's why she's there.

6. John Galt

John Galt Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Atlanta
    . . . or even Bernward

7. kasai

kasai New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    California
    I actually watched my first full MLS game this week. I think you are right Flash, the camera definitely needs to move back a bit so we can get a better look at VP.

I hope they keep her around because I like her energy. I wouldn't be surprised to see her end up somewhere bigger in the future. Her skills are improving, her personality is great, and her looks will last for a long time

8. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    I was on 60th minute with her. She is a very nice person, not aloof or standoff-ish at all. For all you BS fanatics, let me see you interview Bob "I've got a personality somewhere around here" Bradley DURING a game. It's asking someone to do the utterly impossible. I swear they make it hard on purpose so that the league drops the concept. Which of course, they should not.

She'll move on to better things before ESPN2 decides to "move in another direction." Meanwhile, just take it for what it is.

9. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    she is sickening,,,,you can't understand her and when you do, she is asking stupid questions. Besides she may have a cute tooshie, but she is really not all that great looking. THere are better looking babes that could do better and be understood. GO to any strip joint

10. kasai

kasai New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    California
    Well i for one understand her fine. She knows the game pretty well and the job of the sideline reporter is not all that important to the game anyways. I think this may be her last year at ESPN2, I wouldn't be surprised to see her on ABC next season.

11. Bigdudeduke

Bigdudeduke New Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Chicago Suburbs
    Paysse Out!

Change that 5 to a 6.

12. pettyfog

pettyfog Member

Jan 30, 2000
    Enon OH Exit 49
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    soccer-slut

NO ONE ever becomes WISE.. you just get smarter thru life-experience and one thing I know for sure from being interested in people and their attitudes:

Most young guys who talk about sex alla time would get laid a LOT more if they just shut up about it.

The other thing I have learned is that certain older career women almost invariably cringe when they see how they dressed when they were younger .. THEN they understand why no-one took them seriously.

She looks worse in person, IMO.
    How can some player respond intelligently to her questions while they're on the lookout for a subtle hint from her... dont deny they DONT think that way, who wouldnt!

13. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She was dressed subtly yet provocatively today...

Oh baby, she stays!

15. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Veronica stays!

She is beautiful, she does a fine job on the sidelines. She is soooooo much better looking in person and has awesome eyes.

For the match this weekend, she broke out the all black blouse with the deep cut V, tight tan pants and sensible shoes. There is no way they should replace her with another sideline woman.

And I am ready for her return during the playoffs. Hopefully it won't be a cold day in Colorado.

16. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Holy God is she ever so much better looking in person. My freaking heart was pounding when I meet her this weekend. My wife was extremely amused at my 12 year old behavior :)

17. Kelso2Utd

Kelso2Utd New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    New England, USA
    Can we please get a woman on that pitch with a brain please?

Let's compromise...give us a new woman with intelligent commentary and you can have the tight pants.

deal?

18. kasai

kasai New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    California
    Did you get a picture with her. I would love to get a picture of her, but haven't had too much luck getting a hold of her management company.

19. NJ Landon Fan

NJ Landon Fan New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    (NJ)
    This thread is pretty amusing actually. And no, she doesnt have any brains really. She clearly got the job because of some looks, because she's a woman, and her supposedly cute accent. BUT ...i will change that! I will be the next female reporter for the MLS...who knows her stuff and loves soccer.
    One more thing, give her a break. You try being on TV and keeping some cool. She needs practice. PLUS...all the questions that ANY reporter/commentator asks are stupid! But, they have to say something, it's their job. BTW...i really didn't like Eric Wynalda during the World Cup.. he's so stuck up! I love Giorgio!! (he said Marcus DaBeasley, hehe)
    Oh, and i voted that Veronica goes. She pisses me off, i'm jealous of her job.

20. kasai

kasai New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    California
  21. kasai

kasai New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    California
    Anyone know if Veronica did sideline work during the Dallas/Metro game? With the NFL on, I forgot all about that game.

22. Hattrix

Hattrix Member

Sep 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Note: The Spice Channel features dogs. Veronica is a cutie, but since her whole function is to attract more Hispanic fans, MLS should hire Luis to do her job. (If they can pay more than he's earning from the Spice Channel.)

23. Hattrix

Hattrix Member

Sep 1, 2002
    Chicago
    "Sensible Shoes"? Look out, Oedipal complex in action.

And since we're all acting 14 here, what about the potentential for catchin' a glimps of some erect nipples out in the cold?

24. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Columbus, Ohio
    Byebye. She is too distracting to even hear what she is trying to say. Not just the looks....the manner.the presentation...the bad questions. Bye.

If it has to be on looks..go with some brains.

25. kasai

kasai New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    California
    I've missed the last few ESPN MLS games. How has Veronica looked? Now that the games are at night, I am assuming that her attire is more formal.