Paysse: Stay or Go?

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by BenReilly, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    She's worthless.

She's terrible on the mic, and she's not even that good looking! *shock*

2. Shredder

Shredder New Member

Feb 21, 2001
    She is a nightmare. I cant stand listening to her speak. She is alright to look at but not hot. But for a soccer interviewer, she is better looking then what is expected.

The only reason I listen to her is to get a good laugh because she has no idea what she is doing and has no communication skills....but whatever.

3. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go.......but for some reason I get an error message using the poll!

4. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia
    what????

This man is Blind... how the hell this man chosses paysee over my babe???

5. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All you anti-Veronica clowns:

Who do you want doing the sideline reporter thing?

Cokie Roberts?

6. hornonmyankle

hornonmyankle New Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Keep Veronica. The sideline reporter will never inform us of anything so at least allow an attractive woman learn English in front of our eyes. However, she needs to start wearing bikinis during her reports.

7. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep her. She had a bad game on Saturday but overall she's been improving. And I agree with BenReilly, there is something likeable about her.

I suspect if MLS gives her a second year she'll continue to improve.

8. The Wanderer

The Wanderer New Member

Sep 3, 1999
    Yeah she's a babe, and she digs the hell out of soccer. She's not a supermodel, but to say that she doesn't get your motor runnin'? I guess everybody has their preferences.

9. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    Stay, nobody really cares what the sideline reporter has to say anyway, just enjoy the view and drink your beer.

10. soccerdome

soccerdome New Member

Oh, yeah. That was sooo funny!!!

11. soccerdome

soccerdome New Member

No, some people do although it's obviously not the most important thing. I think we need some reporters with a REAL personality, someone that sort-of sticks out. Not all these I'm-doing-it-to-get-paid, read-exactly-what's-on-the-paper reporters. Why doesn't Max Bretos or even anyone else from Ticket to Asia do some interviews? I'd like to see that!

12. The Legend

The Legend New Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Colorado, Where Lege
    I say keep her, but only if they can dub in Ty Keogh's voice over hers. Part Baywatch, part Godzilla movie.

13. John Galt

John Galt Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Atlanta
    I'd take Veronica over Eric Dickerson any day. Until Melissa Stark is circulating her resume (yeah, right), I'd take Paysse over the Jim Gray option every time.

14. Warren Van Orden

Feb 29, 2000
    Richmond CA
    Isn't Jim the bozo who asked the Policeman, just after the bomb during the Atlanta Olympics whether there would be any more explosions?

Was he the one who asked Michael Jorden if that woman (his wife) was his mom?

Even if Veronica were ugly she'd be like Einstein next to Gray.

15. etcheverrito

etcheverrito New Member

Jun 12, 2001
    the heartland of NOV
    She's hot and well, she should stay. Interview the players during halftime, before, and after...but not the coach during the game. The way they do it overseas, is they ask the coach on any changes on players or strategy and pass it on...
    I think she should wear short pleated schoolgirl outfits during the games...:)

16. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. Jim Gray is no Alfred Einstein.

17. NYfutbolfan

NYfutbolfan Member

Dec 17, 2000
    LI, NY

etcheverrito, you may be onto something there.

I hope she stays. I get a good laugh out of her screwing up the language and asking non-questions. Plus, my wife starts yelling at VP when she comes on the tube.

I actually think that sideline reporting in general is a joke.

About the only important info that comes from the sideline during a match is about the severity of an injury, and I think Big Mama has caught onto that. That's why he keeps going out of the games at the 30-60 minute mark, he just wants to spend a little time with Veronica.

As a matter of fact, I think it would be hysterical if VP interviewed Big Mama, would anybody understand them?
    Would they understand each other??

18. dawgpound2

dawgpound2 Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    No, it was Bob Costas. The embarrassed Costas then tried to claim he had champagne in his eyes and couldn't see. Funny stuff.

19. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    185 votes. Not bad!

20. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I voted stay, but....

I have not read any these post, but here it goes. I hate the way she says coach. Drives me crazy!!

[​IMG]

21. whirlwind

whirlwind New Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Plymouth, MI, USA

Or even Albert.

22. Charles

Charles Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Idaho
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of Course she must stay

It's amazing to me that this is even a question, but then, on BS, nothing really amazes me that much; American Sports Television is about eye candy and sports, and here we have a reporter who meets the first criterion, surely, and who obviously loves soccer---how does it get better than that? You want Einstein on the sideline? Try another channel, like maybe public access!

An another thing---folks, the first thing that they teach you in sports reporting/interview school is NEVER ask questions, just make statements and then look expectantly at the interviewee: as in

['reporter']: "well, with only 3 games left until the all-star break, you guys really have to step up" [expectant look]

[Athlete/coach]: "That's right, Jack, we need to play within ourselves, and just do what we have to do"

['reporter']: "Now that [teammate X] is back from his knee surgery, that will put more pressure on the defense"

[athlete/coach]: "No question, Steve." [SEE, doesn't that say it all???]

As this little example illustrates, there are "NO Questions" when it comes to sports interviews.

In fact, if anything, Miss Paysee perhaps asks TOO MANY questions.

23. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    hell with Veronica...I say we get Britney for the All-Star game and MLS Cup. She likes soccer to. Maybe she can go dig Landon. Go get her brother

24. etcheverrito

etcheverrito New Member

Jun 12, 2001
    the heartland of NOV
    our new ambassador to mexico! Sure why not, we already have paulina rubio doing all the singing, why not have britney there on the sidelines...get off crack man! Britney is as dumb as they come, wanna insult the game with that...?

25. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I know. I was watching Kingpin this last weekend. I was quoting Woody Harrellson.