Payment as phony as, well, a $200 bill

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Finnegan, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Finnegan

Finnegan Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    http://newsobserver.com/news/story/2855036p-2634600c.html

A little humour for the politics board. What the heck was the clerk thinking when he/she accepted a $200 bill. LMAO

The Associated Press

ROANOKE RAPIDS -- Police are searching for a man who paid for $150 in groceries at a Food Lion grocery store with a $200 bill.
    The man walked out of the store with his groceries and $50 in change before the fake bill was discovered Sept. 6.

The bogus bill -- the U.S. Mint does not print a $200 bill -- bore the image of President Bush on the front and had the White House on the back. It also included signs on the front lawn of the White House with slogans such as "We like broccoli" and "USA deserves a tax cut," Roanoke Rapids police said.

Instead of being labeled a Federal Reserve note, the fake bill was marked as a "Moral Reserve Note." The bill bore the signatures of Ronald Reagan, political mentor; and George H.W. Bush, campaign adviser and mentor.

Food Lion said normal policy is not to accept bills over $100

2. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nice one! I take it the interview process for clerks at Food Lion isn't too rigorous?

3. dearprudence

dearprudence Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Chi-town
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to see that my exhusband finally found work, at the Food Lion!

4. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Most Americans have little knowledge about the features and Presidents on their money. Ask someone who is on the nickel or the $20 bill. I'll bet 90% of people can't answer it.