Pavon confirms Metros Transfer As Finished

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Ronaldinho11, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Enganche

Enganche Red Card

Apr 30, 2003
    The article doesn't say he's signed with Real España, it says that club has listed him as an available player for the upcoming Honduran season. If Pavon doesn't find a foreign club, the article states, he'll return home to Honduras and Real España. So in other words, the Honduran club is hedging it's bets.

2. tmas

tmas Member

Dec 30, 2002
    Pavon doesn't really like the offer but his agent does so something still might happen.

3. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ronaldinho11 please update us as been too quiet on this subject. We definitely could use this guy on the Metros. I don't like the posts recently that seem to give the impression yours was not on target.

4. JoeW

JoeW New Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The report in the W.Post indicated that money wasn't the sticking point for Pavon--only the length of the contract (ie: he wants to be free after the MLS season is over, either to go to Mexico or to be able to attract other big offers).

If that is the case, as long as you've got around $75-100K in cap space (and you should have more than that), that should be what he's asking for. It doesn't sound as if the contract amount was the problem with DCU (and Hudson and Kasper have indicated that they don't invite people in until there is a basic understanding on dollars--so they don't demand moneys beyond what the cap allows).

If that's the case, the issue then is: does metro have a discovery slot available? Otherwise, I think the only way to acquire him would be the allocation--not b/c of expense of the contract or cap considerations but b/c MLS only allows a few ways of acquring foreign talent. Does Metro have any discovery slots left for this season?

5. markitos8

markitos8 New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Im Ronaldinho11 just that i have 2 usernames

La carrera del atacante Carlos Alberto Pavón “Plummer” ha quedado varada desde hace ya dos años y el máximo romperredes de la selección hondureña trata de volver a las canchas a la brevedad posible.

El goleador histórico de la bicolor catracha y ex campeón de la liga mexicana con Monarcas Morelia, vegetó durante dos largas temporadas en el “calcio” italiano, la primera con el Udinese y la segunda con el Nápoli, sin apenas jugar en la Serie A ni en la B, respectivamente.

Pavón nunca tuvo buena fortuna en el fútbol europeo, donde ya había tenido un paso fugaz por el español Real Valladolid y reprobó en un equipo de la Liga Premier inglesa.

No le ocurrió lo mismo en canchas mexicanas, por las cuales paseó su condición de romperredes jugando para varios equipos, saliendo campeón goleador de la Primera División A con el Correcaminos y campeón nacional con Monarcas Morelia.

La lesión

Pavón sufrió en Italia una seria lesión que lo mantuvo alejado de las canchas por mucho tiempo y, aunque ya se ha restablecido, no hay un club en el horizonte del jugador, que rescindió su contrato de común acuerdo con el equipo napolitano. “Hay una gran diferencia de salario entre el calcio y la liga mexicana, salgo perdiendo con el cambio, pero quiero jugar y estar bien mentalmente”, ha dicho el ex capitán de Honduras.

El centrodelantero jugó sólo un par de partidos en el club partenopeo, donde brilló el ex astro argentino Diego Maradona, y se quejó de discriminación en el fútbol italiano. “Allá te tratan mal, siempre están buscando bajarte la moral”, señaló.

El futbolista progreseño ha hecho contactos recientemente con su ex equipo Monarcas Morelia, en un intento por retornar a la liga mexicana, pero el técnico argentino Rubén Omar Romano, que lo tuvo siempre entre sus jugadores favoritos, lo descartó de sus planes pese a que había salido campeón con los michoacanos antes de partir a Italia.

Ultimamente Pavón puso los ojos en la MLS, específicamente en el MetroStars, equipo donde actúa su amigo Amado Guevara, pero el club neoyorkino no se mostró interesado en sus servicios y parece empeñado en adquirir los del centrocampista del Motagua Francisco Pavón.

De no recalar de nueva cuenta en el fútbol internacional, Pavón tiene también una oferta del fútbol doméstico, la de su primer equipo Real España, cuyo presidente Mateo Yibrín aseguró que el jugador podría volver a vestir de negriamarillo. Sin embargo se supo que, por ahora, a Pavón no le entusiasma la idea de retornar al fútbol hondureño, al punto que desautorizó al Real Club España a registrarlo para la próxima temporada.

Direct Link
    http://www.honduras.com/redirect/li...her/framefooter.html&url=http://www.tiempo.hn

6. markitos8

markitos8 New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    One Weird Thing is that Fernando Fiore (Republica Deportiva) said two days ago that Carlos Pavon had already signed with Metros

In what i sent it practically said that carlos is having trouble finding a club and that he put his eyes on the MLS and specifically in the Metros were his good friend Amado Guevara plays but apparently the Metros front office are not interested in him. It didnt mention anything about DC United Tho, but it did mention that Real Espana has already inscribed him in their roster for eligible players for the next season just in case he goes there but he doesnt seem too happy about staying in Honduras

Remember Im Ronaldinho11 I just have 2 usernames so This Is Ronaldinho The starter of this post

7. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Alright Im Back!!!!!!!!!!

Ive Switched to my regular username

Remember were you heard this first!!!
    Ronaldinho11 the one and only Ronaldinho11

If anybody wants to know anything on Pavon ask me and i'll answer your Question

8. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Does Pavon like cheese?

9. In Bob We Trust

In Bob We Trust New Member

Jan 5, 2003
    i have a question for ya...when will people come to terms that he won't be playing for us this year?...

10. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    Are you Jayson Blair?

11. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did he kill Asmodean?

12. markitos8

markitos8 New Member

Jul 22, 2003

As a matter of Fact he does he said it tastes just like your moms vagina

13. locolos

locolos New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    New York
    are you really having an affair with him? how does Amado feel about that? either way.....

14. markitos8

markitos8 New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    this guys trying to be a stand up comic on a metros thread get this lunatic out of here before
    I tell Cordoba what you been doing with El Pibe

15. TO LIVE FOR

TO LIVE FOR New Member

Jan 12, 2002
    LA
    Ok guys this is the latest about Pavon. I talked to Amado today and we talked about Pavon. I got pictures with the best midfielder in MlS. He is staying at the Queen Mary. Now he told me MlS told Pavon they want him but he can't play for MetroStars kus they already have Three internationals in their roster. They are3 still talking but Guevara said if he doesn't play for Metro he will play for real españa of Honduras and will play with Metro at the start of the MLS in 2004.
    like I said they are still talking but Guevara wants to play for MetroStars.

NOTE
    IF YOU LIVE IN LA AND WANT TO SEE THE LA GALAXY VS METRO STARS I WILL HAVE TICKETS FOR 17.00 REGULAR PRICE 22.00
    I TOLD GUEVARA I WAS GOING TO HAVE LIKE 200 PEOPLE CHEERING FOR METRO STAR AND THAT I WILL.
    E MAIL ME AT ARTUROPADILLA@PEOPLEPC.COM

16. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Okay....I'm called Captain Moron because I want the MetroStars to win the Cup in style instead of a lucky goal?!?

If they go to the Cup, and win playing with 110% effort and a good showing, yeah they will be "True Champions." It would be hard to consider them to be "True Champtions" when they were outplayed for 90 minutes, and win the game because of a lucky header.

Ex. US versus Germany. US deserved to win after outplaying Germany. Germany won with a lot of luck. Do consider Germany to be better than the US because they beat us?