Paulo Fonseca: Zorro Di Mozambique

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by L'immortale, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    ...but anyone who finds a reason to play Taxi ahead of DDR is clearly a bit of a loon...

whill4, wm72, TheNewMeazza and 1 other person repped this.
  2. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    From what I understand it was him who built the foundations for the Roma win with the guts of the squad his. He never got a chance at the top level after Roma because of speaking out. He was basically shunned and could have went on to bigger things. His football is extreme but also he needed the best players to ever win and 20 years ago there was still a humble attitude. There was talk of Real Madrid or Barca bringing him in then and that would have been something special to see. He worked with players as a coach should to develop them like Bielsa does. He could take good pros and kids and make them top players through coaching. Now they're mostly managers who demand the cheque book out. When he came back the game had changed too much. Of course it would divide Roma's camp. This is a problem with modern footballers.

wm72 and Henchag repped this.
  3. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
  4. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020

5. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Allegri
    Mourinho
    Sarri

My choice would be Allegri. If Juve doesn't bring him back.. we have a chance. Dont think he will wait longer for bigger teams. However, I think he ends up back to Juve.

Mourinho, I am pro-Mourinho philosophy. Defense, park the bus. But I just think at this stage of his career he keeps falling out with players. Seems like intentionally wants to get fired, to get more money.

Sarri, would be ok.

Whoever is coming in, better know we cannot miss CL spots next year.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sarri is the worst possible choice for the club. He was a disaster at both Chelsea and Juve and I don't see him being the manager that Roma need. The gutsy choice is Gasperini who will modernize the type of football the club needs to play. Roma will have a stiff hill to climb to make it into the top four next season.

7. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    please please please please please not this again. "modernize the type of football the club needs to play"..

That mentality is everything that's been wrong with this club since Pallotta & Co took over in early 2010s. At some point enough is enough. I am tired of the 7 - 1 scorelines.

8. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    More chance of getting Allegri than Gasperini - even then that’s a slim chance. Gasperini would never downgrade to us

9. Indian_Gladiator

Sep 4, 2014
    Kolkata
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Official: Mourinho our Coach from next season

Haakon24 repped this.
  10. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The Italians are happy they think it’s 2010 again.

11. sharkmen

sharkmen Member

May 29, 2016
    Parking the bus with this team, yikes.

12. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Sarri was a disaster at Chelsea and Juve or they took in a good coach and didnt give him enough time to implement things? You cant play his way in a season. Squads need to be shaped. Modern day impatience.
    Roma have been for the majority of the past 20 years a progressive type football club. Spalletti was miles ahead of most coaches with a small squad in the football. It helped having a few geniuses on the team but still it was all done with a limited budget. We got spoiled. Its hard to replicate without a structurally sound scouting system and a top manager. Fonseca had initial promise but turned out to be a dud. Some still dont want to see it but this is not the man to back.
    Rudi Garcia's team was more balanced while playing decent football. That is the style of manager the club should bring in imo given its situation. I take issue with the "modernize the type of football the club needs to play". There are many ways to play football.

ErPupone repped this.
  13. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Sarri a disaster at Chelsea LOL. He won Europa league with a transitioning team full of shite. If Fat Frank had done the same he’d have his 3rd statue outside the Bridge by now.

Chelsea fans can’t find a single valid criticism of him beyond “bad Italian man doesn’t understand neanderthal kick and run PL football”:ROFLMAO:

Andreas, ErPupone and La Magica repped this.
  14. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
  15. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    whill4, Oban14 and shiboboo repped this.
  16. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    Salmeen10, Oban14 and shiboboo repped this.
  17. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Just waiting for the biggest trade of all time to happen:

Pellegrini+Villar+Ibanez+Diawara [emoji3591] Spurs

Kane [emoji3591] Roma

IMG_8495.jpg

Nabolidaboli, La Magica and shiboboo repped this.
  18. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Spurs fans taking this one well :laugh:

19. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good for him. There was talk of him going to Fiorentina, which would have probably ended badly. He’s likely their fourth or fifth choice, but I think personality wise he seems pretty similar to Poch in that they both have pretty laid back approaches. Which seemed to work better with them than Mourinho’s style.

But if they lose Kane this summer, I can’t see them getting close to 4th place regardless who the coach is.

20. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain

21. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Feel free to "poach" Pellegrini.

22. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain

23. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    He’ll end up at Fiorentina now.

Andreas repped this.
  24. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supposedly Spurs have started talking with Gattuso now. Lmfao.

25. Oban14

Oban14 Member+

Jul 5, 2006
    Illinois
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This all seems very Romanesque!