Past Dynamo Players (Where are they now?)

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by truthandlife, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Based on certain things I suspect there was more to it than his position on the field, but this is sometimes a strange business.

P.S. Looks like Cisco landed with Deportivo Cali.

2. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Past BigSoccer posters (Where are they now?):

This may be a stretch, but I suspect that JUVECHELSEA is also posting under a different name:

"JoeW"

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2012/02/report-impact-deal-ching-to-dynamo.html

Of course, there are differences in the angles (no direct attacks on Dom with hyphenated, compound adjectives?), but other characteristics are there. Particularly the repetitive long posts with plenty of MLS references.

I can picture Juvechelsea needing to argue so much, that he logs on under two different IP addresses just to stir things up.

Time for Confession: I have to admit that years ago, I created another BS name: STH Brian, or something like that, after I heard STH Brian on the radio. I wasn't the guy who called in, I just used Brian's name here, but you should see all the hate mail that STH Brian received...:eek:

3. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what I wore at the end of the year celebration in 2009
    [​IMG]

4. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You did the right thing. STH Brian would have gotten lynched by a mob of angry Dynamo fans.

5. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Costly was cut from the national team for playing with fatties. (Why the hate? We rock...)

"I need him playing, not every week in Miami with four or five fatties, five or six retired players. That's not up to standard of a professional player. However, I still like and respect him"

6. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    i had no idea:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/02/17/what-ever-happened-1999-us-under-17s

7. RedAce

RedAce Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm wondering why Costly didn't accept our offer. Is it his agents fault for asking for too much money? Whatever it was he missed his chance to get paid good money and get into his national team squad. I feel bad for him...was a good person in our locker room

8. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Simply put, he overvalued himself and probably felt he was an untouchable in the national team. Now he's going to panic and sign for some random team. Best of luck to him. I enjoyed him wearing orange and will always remember his goal at KC.

9. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Sounds similar to Joseph Ngwenya. This is what happens when you have an agent who doesn't have "wisdom."

10. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Me too.

[​IMG]

11. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
  12. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I'm watching Luis Angel Landin starting for Puebla FC today against Monterrey. It's a pretty good match.

13. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    It was a very good game with an uptempo pace through both halves. Looked like Puebla deserved at least a tie, if not a win.

True story: Landín chased down the opposing midfielder 50 yards, caught up to him and stole the ball cleanly from behind. #thisfknguy!

14. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't believe him. I saw the same game. Landin was about to chase the guy but busted out some tacos from La Michocana and started eating. You decide which one sounds more believable. Lol.

Seriously, though, why didn't Dom do to Landin what he's doing to Camargo? Guy has talent and showed it, but just well...y'all know. He was more me than athletic.

15. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Interesting observation - and something I wondered too.

Landin came into preseason obviously out of shape - but there was no apparent discipline to encourage him to get into match form.

Camargo came into preseason the same way, and from day one was required to run laps, and do the kind of conditioning that enabled him to get into match form.

Maybe it's a case of once bitten (USA translation "live and learn")

16. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Well reportedly Camargo suffered an injury off season Landin's excuse?

17. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carlo Costly's life is probably filed under the "who cares" tab in everybody's filing cabinet. However, I was really hoping to see him again, I thought Dom could help Costly adapt to MLS. Of course, Costly wanted too much money to return to the Dynamo. Let's see what has happened:
    1) Earlier this year, he passed offers from Honduran clubs, indicating that he had multiple offers from teams in other countries. He said he had opportunities in MLS, South America, and as far as China.

2) He couldn't negotiate a satisfactory salary with teams in Colombia, Costa Rica, and apparently with the Houston Dynamo.

3) The Honduran Natl Team coach declared that Costly wouldn't be called up if he wasn't playing.

4) A couple of weeks ago, Costly decided to play weekend amateur soccer in Miami.

5) The Honduran Natl coach harshly critized Costly for playing with "gordos" (fatties) on the weekends, and did not call Costly for upcoming national team matches. Gordos like me were upset:mad:. https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25176022&postcount=456 Comments online, however, were hilarious. A cartoon appeared in the local paper showing Costly playing futbol with Shrek, Barney from the Simpson and Ñoño: http://www.diez.hn/Futbol-de-Primer...Noticias/DIEZ-COMICS-La-potra-de-Carlo-Costly (good luck trying to watch the video, just check out the initial picture)

6) Costly's father critized his son in the newspapers. http://www.diez.hn/Ediciones/2012/02/18/Noticias/Carlo-Costly-recibe-criticas-de-su-padre

7) Costly then said he was considering going back to Rumania, that he had received an offer via text from his former team.

8) Then, Costly changed his story and announced that he had decided that he was going to spend time with his family, and that he wasn't going to play until June. He said that the Rumanian team treated players like slaves. http://www.goal.com/es-us/news/2208/centroam%C3%A9rica/2012/02/25/2929668/honduras-costly-regresar%C3%A1-a-las-canchas-hasta-junio-pr%C3%B3ximo

9) The owner of the Rumanian team declared this weekend that he hadn't made any offers to Costly, and that if he was going to play for Vaslui, it would be because he has to repay the money he owes them. "Costly ran away with 190,000 Euros, but we are going to win the lawsuit and recover our money" "If Costly was treated like a slave, he is the one that ran away from the plantation with all the money". The results of the legal battle will be known later in August.
    http://www.latribuna.hn/2012/02/26/porumboiu-vuelve-a-arremeter-contra-costly/

10) This weekend, apparently upset for not being considered, Costly said that "just about anybody can play for the Honduran Natl team nowadays. We used to have to pay our dues, but now they call up just about anybody" http://www.diez.hn/Ediciones/2012/02/26/Noticias/Ahora-entra-cualquiera-a-la-Seleccion-Carlo-Costly
    Seriously, I wish him good luck. He obviously could use some help making better decisions.

And yes, one of these days I'll get a life of my own so I can stop following this soap opera via google news...

18. Kick_tv

Kick_tv Member

Feb 20, 2012
  19. madmatt621

madmatt621 Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ryan Cochrane is going to play for San Antonio Scorpions FC in the North American Soccer League. His defense never really was that good. I didn't like him in orange playing defense.

20. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  21. KRAZYKAT

KRAZYKAT Member

Jul 12, 2008
    South Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know if Stuart Holden is back on the field or still recuperating ?

22. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Still Rehabbing. Great thing about Stu is he takes everything in stride. Enjoy his video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GyV46GKTBg"]Bolton's Stu Holden Rehabs & Reads The Hunger Games in 'No Holden Back' Ep. 2 - YouTube[/ame]

23. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    Apparently last weekend Brian Mullan became the player with the highest win percentage among active MLS players (200+ appearances).

24. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    I guess that is like our version of +/-

25. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team: