Pasl 2010-11

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by GameraRPZ, Jul 27, 2010.

1. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Or like when they took a team of softball players to Louisville last year I believe and lost by 6 touchdowns???????

2. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Mixing a lot of metaphors there aren't you?

3. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Would you prefer 6 runs? Baskets? I think we all know where I was going with this.

Kudos however on the Vortex getting their record crowd last weekend............although we don't know how many that was. The article that I read didn't say.

4. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The St. Louligans are gearing up for another drunken night of indoor soccer.

Hopefully we'll have another 30 of us there.

5. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002

6. HelloSoccerWorld

HelloSoccerWorld New Member

Oct 15, 2010
  7. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
  8. HelloSoccerWorld

Oct 15, 2010
    Yeah, but for the purposes of Power Rankings, they are 4-4.

9. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Is that how that works? lol

10. HelloSoccerWorld

Oct 15, 2010
    I see your point; I just meant that the overall record factors into the ranking. But because it is listed next to the position, the official record should accompany it.

11. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Illinois and Kitsap are in the same situation - they play 13 games but only 12 are supposed to count. Which game for each team will not count? This could have a big impact on the race for the Frontier Division title. These two teams need to play each other!

Also, the Cincinnati Kings Reserves in the PASL-Premier play 9 games vs. the normal 8 for Premier clubs - is it known which of their games will not count?

So far the league website has counted all of the games for the above 3 clubs in it's standings.

12. josh242

josh242 Member

May 30, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. puma pride

puma pride Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Has anyone gotten confirmation of the playoffs? I mean, how many teams are in and from where do they come? Is it first place in each division? I've heard wild card thrown around, any clarification would be much appreciated.

Side note, Illinois and Kitsap will not play each other unfortunately. The league has tried to keep the teams that wanted to be regional, regional, to cut down travel expenses. We wish there could be a deciding game but its not going to happen this season. I know at least for Kitsap that this inagural season was a test run to see what the numbers would really look like and it it is feasible to step up a bit next season. There will be a comprehensive review at the end of the season in regards to that.

14. spinman

spinman Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

15. HelloSoccerWorld

Oct 15, 2010
    Hopefully we will be doing one from Snohomish. Glad you liked it. My team and I learned a lot about the equipment and the process from our first trial run broadcast at Kitsap. The Rapids were very accommodating for us; a nicely-run Premier organization. Plus, gotta love the "black eye" interview at the end!

16. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Here is kind of what we're looking at:
    Cincinnati March 11-13
    La Raza de Guadalajara
    Sidekicks de Estado Mexico
    CMISL champion
    Eastern Division Champion
    Western Division Champion
    Wildcard*

Top remaining East-West team vs. Frontier Division Champion (if the season ended today that would be a one game playoff between Kitsap and Tacoma).

The caveat is if it ends up being Detroit/Kitsap or Illinois/Tacoma there could be financial considerations that prevent the play-in game from taking place. If Detroit qualifies for the wildcard game they also have to play the game between their March 6 regular season finale and the March 11 playoff opener. That is a small window.

17. ranul

ranul Member

fc edmonton
    Canada
    Aug 24, 2000
    alberta
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  18. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Ranul, that was talked about, but that was shelved for this year (the international tournament). Where did you see this flyer because the dates are wrong?

19. parkers3

parkers3 Guest

Sounds great....(I'm hoping Liga Mexicana de Futbol Rapido and the Canadian Major Indoor Soccer League come totally into the PASL-Pro loop next year.) Thanks for the update on the playoffs!

20. ranul

ranul Member

fc edmonton
    Canada
    Aug 24, 2000
    alberta
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    i found the flyer on the cincinnati kings web site under news and notes december 22 /2010

21. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Craig Salvati and the Cincinnati Kings got the first shutout in PASL-Pro history (not counting a CMISL shutout that happened in a 40 minute doubleheader game) 6-0 over Ohio.

Also Paul Wright has a first quarter natural hat trick to give the Sockers a 3-1 lead after the first quarter.