Parking at Teber next Year

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by Ruud11, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    After having to pay $20 yesterday I was given a piece of paper outlining that next year they will only accept season parking passes ($250 for all games, including friendlies and playoffs).

Is that what the 'agreed' deal is?

The piece of paper also had an address where to send the money to, and an email address if one had questions.

2. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was my understanding that the Teber Lot was to be $10 for card carrying SOB's. Sounds like they got a taste of the money and decided to jack you all up. Glad I stayed in Lot B.

3. Dbird76

May 12, 2009
    Buggytopia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How much are the PPL passes? I can't seem to locate them when I log into my account manager right now...
    $250 is still ~$14 which is a significant discount, but if PPL is less than $250 then I'll go with them. Plus it just seems a little less sketchy and more professional then sending $250 to someone from a random flyer without any sort of secure paper trail. Couldn't they at least have set up a paypal invoice or something? It really isn't very difficult...

4. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The 2012 price on the PPL lots will be $235 ($13.05 per game) for the 18 games in the season ticket plan. This excludes playoffs, which the Teber lot includes. Also, if more friendlies are played then you have to pay at PPL while this is included at Teber as well.

Agree that the voucher does not look very professional. Also like to hear from the SOB leadership whether they will negotiate more with the Teber lot folks or whether this is it.

5. mansbro

mansbro Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Hatboro, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're talking to the Teber owners about the season pass for next year. We haven't really locked down anything yet with them which is why we haven't really mentioned it. They did the flyer on their own to help spur interest as well as answer questions some people had. We're going to be talking to them over the next week or two and hopefully will have a joint announcement then.

6. metsox

metsox Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Were the elders aware of the increased parking fee for last game?

7. Dbird76

May 12, 2009
    Buggytopia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Matt, I'll wait for the announcement

8. ventur514

ventur514 Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based on comments I heard, don't think so.

In fact I don't think the parking guys knew. I got there a little after 11:00 when they were setting up the cones, charged me $10.

9. G-Ho Blue

G-Ho Blue Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Philadelphia
    This is the 2nd time that off-site parking rates have been increased for me this year. Both times it has made me decide not to park there anymore.

Seriously, the Teber lot is across the street from $10 parking at the gas station.

10. ofeydofey

ofeydofey BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 6, 2010
    Cinnaminson
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the church lot on 4th and flower has always been $10 and makes it crazy easy to get out

11. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Teber guys made it sound like the lots across them were going to be going up in price too... and they also sort of made is sound like it was the Sons of Ben that were responsible for the increase... which made zero sense.

basically I pulled in, with my card a $10 like always, they gave me the flier and told me it was $20, I questioned it and they tried to site a "playoff rates" so i said "forget it, i'll park across the street" then they backed down and let me paid $10 and said, well theres the flier for next year, and parking will be $20 all next year without our pass... and the lots across the street are teaming up with the sons of ben for the same price on flier as well so I might as well sign up for their pass......

12. slitz

slitz Member+

Feb 19, 2005
    Red City, 140
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    crazy when game tickets and parking are nearly the same price

13. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope my church keeps the same rates. They have for two seasons now.

14. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Say your prayers then :)

There's plenty of $10 lots along 291, I've even seen $7 signs. I stick with my regular $10 place next to the Sunoco.

15. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends on where you sit, lol.

16. ofeydofey

ofeydofey BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 6, 2010
    Cinnaminson
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oooooooooo

Teber lot is in trouuuuuuubleeeeee

17. S127RBS13

S127RBS13 New Member

Jan 22, 2010
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Confused? Why do SOB's not park in lot B? Tailgate issues? Front Office issues?

18. Dbird76

May 12, 2009
    Buggytopia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Teber lot was only $10 when you showed your SoB card.
    2. Easy access to 291
    3. It's right next to the tailgate spot

19. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if they are in trouble for charging what they want to a private lot.

Unless I'm missing something here.

20. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. That is where my church lot is.

21. wscottl

wscottl Member

Jun 24, 2011
    SE PA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Although not an active participant most of the year, I liked seeing the SoB tailgate in the PPL lots. They felt more connected to the other fans than the hidden Teber tailgate location.

22. jess370

jess370 Member+

Feb 14, 2008
    collingswood
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Teber we have a TON of room, have access to real bathrooms right on site. While having it on the parking lot was cool logistically this is so much better for the group.

23. crosswiredmind

crosswiredmind BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2010
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was definitely a strength and a weakness of Lot B. People could see us and knew we were there and that felt like we were on display. Moving back to Teber gives us a little privacy, which allows us to be a little more at ease.

24. ShawnPaul

ShawnPaul Member

Apr 10, 2011
    United States
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You're lucky, the parking attendant didn't budge when we said we'd park elsewhere. Still had to pay $20.

25. G-Ho Blue

G-Ho Blue Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Philadelphia
    I recently gave up trying to take the train to games, but this has now inspired me...to walk through the Teber lot to Highland Ave. Station. $20 at an unofficial lot is just too much.