Park Ju-young @ AS Monaco 2010-2011 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Kanuck, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ahahahaha Chu Young well done to block Taiwo's freekick.

2. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Phew! what a relief. Not a goal for Marseille as a foul from Brandao.

Not a handball. I like this ref because he has been spot on.

FIGHT FIGHTR!!!! FIGHT COME ONE FIGHT!

FT: 2-2 (Park scores:))

3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Fark Mbia, he gave this goal away.

4. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    finally PCY scores. such a relief. what a lame own goal man...

5. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    haha how frustrated were you in the second half?

6. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    got that right, blocking Taiwo's FK took some balls

7. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    i havent seen such an intense game like this since the korean WC matches

8. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I agree. The second half was very very intense.

Monaco was playing very very boring long balls to Mbokani before he got subbed out. Some of you said he played well but I thought he lost way too much possession and slowed down Monaco's play. Niculae was crap but managed to somehow score again.
    Monaco's game really changed the first few minutes when Park went up top. He was actually connecting with the midfielders and Monaco actually tried ground through balls.
    Malonga actually looks quite decent as well from the few times I saw him in the game.

Park's goal wasn't as clean as you'd like it to be but the build up to the goal was fantastic. Here is the clip with English commentary.
    http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=26822367
    He accelerates VERY quickly, Aubemeyang gives a slightly overpowered pass which Park has a hard time keeping under control, and then fights for the ball against Mbia to score.

9. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    godamn daum clips always take 40 min to load

10. sweedgreens

sweedgreens Member

May 29, 2010
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    to me that was a beautiful goal haha. what park just executed was really nice. that isnt easy to do.

yeah i was wondering if it normally takes that long for daum to load.

11. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  12. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    The goal was pretty ugly tbh, but im still happy he scored.

13. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  14. fiercejoy

fiercejoy Member

Jul 1, 2010

spot on, mate.

15. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Man, I had to turn away from the screen literally one minute before the goal. Not the cleanest finish ever, but good to get the first one down.

I don't know if it speaks poorly of Park or the attempt to put him in as a winger, but he came alive the moment the subs were made. I think at some point Monaco has to figure to put their best player in his most comfortable position.

16. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    More of the attempt to play him as winger. He's there because Lacombe figures his workrate is enough to create space and opportunities and link up midfield with the attack without sacrificing M'Bokani, Aubemeyang and Niculae. Not a very good tradeoff IMO, if arguably your best attacking and creative outlet is stymied doing gruntwork in a position he's not really known for. You watch the game and Park is always looking to go narrow by the time he runs into the attacking third; no real width generated.

17. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This is true.
    Mbokani, a little like Gudjohnsen, is not good enough to hold off PJY for long. From the last game I got the impression that he may not be adjusting to the pace of the game.
    Lets just hope that the stubborn Lacombe is brave enough to make decisions based on merit than on money spent.

18. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think Lacombe has really made a mess of this roster. I wonder if Monaco really held out for too much in the transfer window or if he really did intend on carrying a huge chunk of costs in attacking options. Now sticking him on the left will only diminish any transfer value and cost them goals on top.

19. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He was supposed to improve the midfield and add some penetration on the wings but instead bought 2 expensive strikers. Now, like with Gudjohnsen, he needs to play them.

20. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The guy has hit the post so many times as of late so IMO he's well deserving of any kind of ugly goals that he gets instead. :p

21. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  22. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Didn't know Niculae was injured until you said so. He picked up a groin injury but could possibly play. This is a good excuse/chance for Lacombe to try out the Park/Mbokani combo, although I may really hate this combo. You thought Nene was selfish.....

23. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Niculae is definitely out :

24. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    As Saku points out, Niculae has been left off. At first I thought that it might be a nice combo given PCY's less than great scoring rate. Watching a few matches though, and it seems MBokanis inability or lack of desire to pass will negate any potential chemistry.

That said, PCY woulda had to deal with this playing from LM as well, so at least he has a shot at playing in the center of the field where he's clearly most comfortable.

25. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Lacombe needs to stop trying to duplicate the Henry model with Park Ju-young. Park JY has nowhere near the physical durability of Henry and his dribbling is probably not as good as well.