News: Paris Saint-Germain: We're Rich Enough To Buy Eto'o & Anelka!

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by StarrMatthieu, Dec 23, 2008.

1. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    PSG president Charles Villeneuve insists that his side have the cash to bring two of the world's top strikers to Paris...

Eyebrows were raised recently when The Guardian reported that Paris Saint-Germain would take on the bulk of William Gallas' wage bill if they could bring the shamed Arsenal stopper to the Parc des Princes.

Those rumours have drizzled down the plughole a bit in recent days, as Gunners boss Arsene Wenger continues to back the defender, despite having stripped him of the captaincy.

Still, it turns out that PSG have some mammoth transfer ambitions after all and that money is no object.

Club president Charles Villeneuve, who swept into power in May and helped to dig the Parisiens out of their hole, has claimed that the club is worth some €200 million.

"PSG are worth more than Manchester City," Villeneuve declared, "Therefore it is worth more than €200 million.

"We want a Paris which is working well and a Paris playing at Champions League level. Believe me, that would be worth a lot."

In order to get there, Villeneuve wants red-hot Chelsea hitman Nicolas Anelka and Barcelona ace Samuel Eto'o on board.

Speaking to L'Equipe, he insisted: "Eto'o loves Paris... Gucci, Gianfranco Ferre, Dolce & Gabbana. Anelka? The doors are always open to him.

"If he returns to PSG one day, I don't think it will be a question of money. Still, he's making it difficult because he's the top goalscorer in England!"

Anelka would be returning to the club for the third time in his career.

Coach Paul Le Guen was able to add the likes of Claude Makélélé to his ranks in the summer.

2. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I will believe it when I see it.
    PSG should avoid Anelka, overpriced and overrated,
    IMHO, Eto'o will not leave Barca for cheap.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    These arent new comments. He made these comments weeks ago. I remember his PSG are worth more than Man City statement and that was made weeks ago. We are forgetting that PSG's owners (Capital Colony) wont give him the money to spend that he claims to have and also the high employment taxes plus the DNCG wont allow players of enormous salaries like the ones he mentioned to come in.

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    These arent new comments. He made these comments weeks ago. I remember his PSG are worth more than Man City statement and that was made weeks ago. We are forgetting that PSG's owners (Capital Colony) wont give him the money to spend that he claims to have and also the high employment taxes plus the DNCG wont allow players of enormous salaries like the ones he mentioned to come in.

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

11. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    first of all, no link to the source.

second of all, it isn't needed, since I know about this interview:
    it is old, dating from before Paris played Man. City, and it is nothing more than Villeneuve commenting on a then offer by some Swiss bank to buy out the club for a low amount of money. So he said that PSG is worth much more, even more than City (nobody is going to question that fact), and that it is capable of drawing in even the biggest of stars, and as a joke he used the examples of E'too, who he had met a few days before in Rennes, that he likes Paris for the city nightlife. Then he said Anelka, but that is mostly just another name he could drop to the journalist, knowing that back in may, all that Charly knew about football was France '98 :D

I wouldn't look too deep into this old article.

12. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006

it is old, dating from before Paris played Man. City, and it is nothing more than Villeneuve commenting on a then offer by some Swiss bank to buy out the club for a low amount of money. So he said that PSG is worth much more, even more than City (nobody is going to question that fact), and that it is capable of drawing in even the biggest of stars, and as a joke he used the examples of E'too, who he had met a few days before in Rennes, that he likes Paris for the city nightlife. Then he said Anelka, but that is mostly just another name he could drop to the journalist, knowing that back in may, all that Charly knew about football was France '98 :D

13. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006

14. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006

15. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006

16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I dont believe this stuff. Capital Colony doesnt have the money and high taxes plus the DNCG make it impossible to pay the salaries of those type of players he's talking about.

17. The King of Leon

The King of Leon New Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Moscow
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Come again? don't think we understood after 8 times

Anyway, I can't see Anelka going to PSG for at least 3 years, and Eto'o, no way, Barça are wayyy too good of a team right now.

18. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  19. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I like when French clubs at least talk big. Most of the time the coaches and owners don't even dream of bring in big time players.