Papu to FC Cincinnati?

Discussion in 'FC Cincinnati' started by jschwarz, Jan 21, 2021.

1. jschwarz

jschwarz Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently FC Cincinnati has offered 7million Euro to Atalanta in Italy for Papu Gomez. Huge get for Cincy if it comes to fruition. They desperately need a #10. I had read somewhere that Papu was quoted that he desired to play for a club that participated in the Champions League. However, it appears there has not been much interest from European clubs with the 10million Euro asking price from Atalanta.

MLS Side FC Cincinnati Offer Atalanta €7 Million For Inter Target Papu Gomez, Italian Media Reports (sempreinter.com)

2. jschwarz

jschwarz Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Cincinnati has officially lost the Papu race. Apparently he is set to sign with Spanish side Sevilla for less money than FCC offered. I guess it isn't about money for every player. Perhaps he felt playing in Europe gave him a better shot at remaining with the Argentinian national team. I give FCC credit for trying to hit a homerun. Unfortunately 2 last place finishes and not having the big city draw of the likes of NY, LA, Chicago, and Miami, and the club playing in MLS make it tough. I hope Nijkamp has a good plan B.

We also missed on Lincoln who preferred a move to Japan instead of the US. As a fan I'm starting to worry what type of player we will actually be able to sign.

3. danielpeebles2

Dec 3, 2013
    There is a good fan base here, and seats in the new stadium will be sold out.

Good to know the Linder family doesn't just pull a Mike Brown.