Panic

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by ZipSix, Sep 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Andrulis has several fewer options to replace Oughton against the Earthquakes. Brian Maisonneuve and Brian West did not make the trip to San Jose because of injuries. "

http://www.dispatch.com/crew/crew.php?story=dispatch/news/sports02/sep02/1467325.html
    Dispatch 9.6.02

So we'll see Bob, unless Andrulis gets really creative. Expect Perez and Martino together, and perhaps a less-than-matchfit John Harkes. Maybe even our dirty little secret Garcia will get some time. But expect Bob.

2. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Hardly time to Panic.

Martino and Perez is fine with me.

3. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just think it blows that this match will not be on TV anywhere. Just ridiculous.

4. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin

5. Virginian

Virginian Member

Sep 23, 1999
    Denver, Co
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [PANIC] RUN!!! RUN!!! WOMEN TO THE LEFT!!! MEN TO THE RIGHT!!! RUN!!! RUN!!! RUN!!! [/PANIC]

6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so buddle's not playing and warzycha is?

Methinks the Fitz has come back. :mad:

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

7. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So it's your position that Edson should play D Mid?

Jesus Tapdancing Christ, it's a little early to be firing it up don't you think?

8. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    no tv for this game surely is ridiculous. in fact it was the reason i decided to come back to philly for a wedding this weekend. if the game was on i wouldn't be here now.
    then again, it looks like our midfield is in a real bad way, and i can't really afford another large bottle of bombay so perhaps it all works out.
    i really think at this point, rather than putting four midfielders out there just for the sake of puttin 4 out there, the crew should look to play a 4-3-3. We really don't have the bodies to do much else at this point.

busch
    leitch clark dunseth torres
    warzycha martino
    perez
    mcbride
    buddle cunningham

The only thing is it leaves leitch almost on his own over on the right so clark and warzycha definately have to cover for him, and also all three forwards have a great deal of defensive responsibility since our midfield really doesn't have any solid defensive players.

Really if we get a tie out of this game its incredible.

9. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    what the hell has happened to denton? i think id rather see HIM playing d-mid than warzycha, who i see as a HUGE liability after the 30th minute.

and peter, jesus christ man, what are you smoking?

10. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    calm the ************ down, all of yous.

i was pissed (and still am) that warzycha is scheduled to start, and buddle's not.

Not Buddle in Warzycha's spot, but on the field period.

Buddle = starting player
    Warzycha = not a starting player

got it?

11. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    peter, lemme ax you somethin'.

if yous was makin the lineup, and you had a whole lot of them striker types, and say, had so many that you had to use a rotation, then wouldnt yous understand that just maybe you bring some of dem strikers on later in the match when they have fresh legs.

chew on that, bitch. word.

12. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    who cares? as soon as i get ready to type this, richard mulrooney gets it done.

And you lot were the same group earlier in the season wanting the same starting lineup game to game with minimal changes:confused:

But yeah, we play again on Tuesday, and then on Saturday, so rest 'em up while you can.

13. ZipSix

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sack warzycha since 2002.

RoleModel83 and crewfan_in_columbus repped this.
  14. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True Original. Respect.

15. JB the First

JB the First Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Odd that he used to only be good for the first 30 minutes. Now, all we can expect from the first 30 minutes is a refreshing power nap.

16. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    funny. how long were you looking for something like this?

Since it was established back in '02, does that warrant its own crest?

17. ZipSix

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't looking for it. It's easy to go way back in time with this new board format. I saw I started a thread called "Panic" and it piqued my interest. Turns out it was an anti-Warzycha thread. Uncanny!

eboe repped this.