Palermo vs Inter [R]

Discussion in 'Palermo' started by BrooklynMike, Nov 13, 2006.

1. BrooklynMike

BrooklynMike New Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    is anyone else as excited about this match as I am. sure to be possibly the best match of the season

2. Kenntak

Kenntak New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Florida
    Re: Palermo vs Inter

That's an understatement.

3. AmericanRosanero

AmericanRosanero New Member

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo

Hey now, I don't underestimate the importance of this game whatsoever, BUT we need to win sunday at cagliari for it to mean anything.

just one sunday at a time, fellas.

4. Kenntak

Kenntak New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Florida

That's true. I hope the team does not look ahead either.

5. Tuscany

Tuscany New Member

Apr 19, 2006
    UAE

i have seen three games of these two teams in the last two years ..

2005 , San Siro , that games showed how Zauli could be nicknamed "The Sicilian Zizzu" when he troubled Inter defense with his astonishing passes, which one of them was converted to the equalized goal by Loca Toni. That game ended 1-1.

2005, Palermo , that game unfortunately was under Inter control as they succeeded to survive from Sicily by Vieri's two goals .Palermo has been known and recognized by their stadium and fans' enthusisam which creates a special environment making every game held in Sicily a tough and hell game.

2006, Palermo, 3-0 to 3-2 for Palermo .. i won't forget it at all. Corini's free kick to Makinwa's goal and then Cruz entered as a sub to minimize the difference from three goals to only one in the injury time.

i would love to see Palermo vs. Inter game , yet i am afraid it will be as mild as it was in the case of Roma vs. Inter earlier this season .

6. bineaz

bineaz New Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Illinois

Silver lining: Corini is suspended for Cagliari so he'll be rested for Inter.

7. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo

Good call there.

8. bineaz

bineaz New Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Illinois

BAH--couldn't even score one goal against Cagliari. They must have taken their foot off the gas in advance of what looks to be a tough week. I highly doubt we'll see many starters in UEFA Cup. We must ready to take it to Inter.

They played 11 foreigners on the pitch at one time against Reggina--BAH.

FORZA PALERMO

9. Kenntak

Kenntak New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Florida

That was a tough game against Cagliari. I hope they could bounce back and win the next two.

10. Lite

Lite New Member

Sep 21, 2006

We might have looked farther ahead with Inter against Cagliari. Simplicio getting sent off didn't help. We played with 10 men for the whole second half of the game. A goal in 90th min. of the game ... ouch. But now on to UEFA and Inter.

GolTV is showing this game but with a 30min delay I think. It's still to be confirmed, I'm hoping they'll show it live but I'm glad they're showing it anyway. I'm nervous for Palermo with some suspensions and injuries that we have but I still believe in them. Corini will be back too. This will be a good game. Forza Palermo!

11. Lite

Lite New Member

Sep 21, 2006

Palermo-Inter: 10-hour wait for a ticket

The increased cost of a ticket (27.50€ for the curva, the highest price) has not discouraged the Palermo fans who, attending the Sunday’s big match in the evening against Inter, have done everything. Most have opted the car seat instead of the bed for sleeping in order to wait for the queue when various ticket booths open early in the morning, also sacrificing one day of work. Indeed, for those who wanted to surely obtain it, have fallen in line between 9:30pm – 10pm in front of the ticket office. By now, there are a few tickets left for sale, the tribuna sold out, needless to say therefore that at the stadium this Sunday will be a true mob atmosphere, with deafening whistles Toni-style intended for Inter.

(translated)

12. smokes

smokes New Member

Nov 13, 2006

I doubt that palermo can pull off a victory, comming with a low morale after two consecuted defeats, and without Simplicio one of there main men. But then again palermo is the team with the mosy tricks up there sleeves.

13. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know people who are going to this match. I told them just how jealous I am. Of course, I'd settle for any Palermo home game any day. Still, it's going to be a crazy atmosphere.

14. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo

coming out of my turkey coma long enough to say that this very well could be the WHOLE season here.

a free fall in december is not the way I would like to remember this season. SO LET'S SEE IT, YOU ROSANERO!

forza palermo!

15. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo

this better sums how i feel about tomorrow:

There is a buzz around the Renzo Barbera Stadium this week as second-placed US Città di Palermo prepare to take on Serie A leaders FC Internazionale Milano in Sicily on Sunday night. The demand for tickets is such that Palermo could have filled the 37,500 capacity stadium three times over.

Amarui sez those fans will be the decider, too; and i agree with him!:

Palermo striker Amauri believes the home crowd could make the difference in their top of the table clash against Inter.

The two teams meet at the Barbera on Sunday night and the Brazilian ace has called for the Rosanero support to make themselves heard.

“There is great enthusiasm here in expectation of the game,” noted the South American star.

“We are hoping to play a great game and we will have the advantage of playing at home in front of our own tifosi.”

16. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah i hope you guys give them hell!

The Italian breeding ground vs the Italian graveyard!
    Wish I could see the game, but no coverageof it here!

17. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto
  18. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    So far Palermo is losing 0-1 to Inter.

FORZA PALERMO!

Come on, you HAVE to defeat Inter!!! PLEASE!

19. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-1, the goal for Palermo coming just before the half.

20. Lite

Lite New Member

Sep 21, 2006
    Our formation is 3-5-1-1 but technically, we have 5 defenders, 2 playing in midfield wings. Amauri seems to be working alone, Bresciano in Di Michele's place but he's playing deeper ... Goal before 1st half ended definitely helped morale. We can do this!

Forza Palermo!

21. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA

The formation should change. Inter is winning too much in the midfield battles, and they're having outstanding chances.

22. tifosarosanero

tifosarosanero New Member

Sep 30, 2006
  23. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    Damn, I saw this coming. Inter scored, so 1-2 now.

24. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA

Give Inter a break, after all, they fielded a record-breaking two Italian players on their squad today!
    (BTW, I'm mocking them)

25. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    Damn, it's over 1-2.