Palermo Summer Rumor and Transfer Thread.

Discussion in 'Palermo' started by AmericanRosanero, Jun 22, 2005.

1. AmericanRosanero

AmericanRosanero New Member

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Yesterday, the rumor was Carlos Tevez! and now it almost looks certain that Juve is sending Miccoli our way!

Is it August yet?

2. obernunes

obernunes New Member

Feb 16, 2004
    California
    Sources?

3. kass_rosanero

kass_rosanero New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Bucks-England
    moggi said miccoli is likely to join palermo.
    fabio simplicio cost 8 million euro, maybe too much.
    ledesma is being touted as a future replacement for corini.

4. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Zamparini gives a clue about his suprise transfer. He said "The player does not play in Italy". Which leaves many options. It could be Javier Saviola, but he didn't say if he was a foreigner either. That means that they could get Corradi, who was a Del Neri favorite at Chievo...

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=75186&progr=2

5. kass_rosanero

kass_rosanero New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Bucks-England
    oh no please not corradi!

6. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
  7. kass_rosanero

kass_rosanero New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Bucks-England
    Mozart or Fabio Simplicio would be good, Corini will get lots of help in the middle and maybe play a bit more advanced.

8. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    in a surpise for sure, Del Neri has convinced Zamps to NOT sign Mondragon. He wants Guardalben. Wonder how long this will last.

9. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
  10. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A shame from a JUVE fan perspective solely!

This guy is really good, quite a step up fom Marco Materazzi as back up to the Nesta-Cannavaro partnership!

What i also see it as a firm commitment by Palermo management to say were serious about being Europe contenders from Serie A! Kudos!

11. kass_rosanero

kass_rosanero New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Bucks-England
    Palermo have signed two players, Mariano Andujar from Hurucan and Salvatore Sirigu.

Name: Mariano Gonzalo Andújar
    Position: Goalkeeper
    DOB: 30-Jul-83
    Birthplace: Capital Federal
    Club: Huracán

12. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    it's been quite here lately.

i know i've been on holiday and all.

>_>

FORZA PALERMO

13. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I'm back at last, I still have to unpack and everything though. I wish I was in Palermo for the season, but I still can't wait, and maybe I'll be returning in the spring, who knows. If not this year, then next. Palermo has huge articles in the national newspapers everyday, a lot of people in Italy and abroad are really interested in this team.

14. kass_rosanero

kass_rosanero New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Bucks-England
    Foschi: The Palermo squad is complete

The Palermo sporting director has continued his job through a hectic period and now he has revealed the future movements in the market of Palermo. 'We have signed Mariano Gonzalo Andujar, a young Argentine goalkeeper of Italian origin who is just like a home player, and Salvatore Sirigu, who will play in the ‘Primavera’. Beyond this I do not preview any others entering because the squad of Palermo is already complete: Rather there will be exits from here and in order to do that we will wait for the opinion of Gigi Del Neri.

To sell players, however, will be difficult as right now soccer is crossing an ugly moment. In the meantime we have thought for the future, extending the contracts of Barzagli and Pepe until 2010 and of Biava until 2008'.

15. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    We got Pepe to '10 too?

<3

16. kass_rosanero

kass_rosanero New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Bucks-England
    it's all looking good. shame there was no defender signed, it seems as though the two teams i like haven't signed too many players.

ps - i hope no palermo fan minds me supporting the club, i went with my heart last season and chose this club to be my interest.

17. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    It's like that one guy who was asking about Roma/Lazio.

Your heart defins your team, not political views.

18. kass_rosanero

kass_rosanero New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Bucks-England
    sure....and my heart is PINK, BLACK AND OFCOURSE RED!!! :D

I have no political views which interfere with football, Im not left wing, right wing, any wing, im just a football fan. I'm sure the Palermo Ultras (Brigate Rosanero etc) may not agree.

19. kass_rosanero

kass_rosanero New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Bucks-England
    Palermo 9-0 Rivignano
    Caracciolo 7
    Gasbarroni 17, 33
    Makinwa 56, 73, 78, 90
    Brienza 67
    Grosso 86

It was Palermo's fifth pre-season win in a row thanks to goals from Makinwa(4), Gasbarroni(2), Brienza, Caracciolo and Grosso.

The scorer of four goals, Stephen Makinwa remained down to earth after his exploits. 'The team examines itself and strives to always improve and the many goals today demonstrate this to you'.

Coach Gigi Del Neri was naturally impressed with his team.'I have seen a good Palermo'.

Palermo (4-4-2): Santoni (68 Guardalben); Ferri (46 Zaccardo), Terlizzi (68 Barzagli), Barzagli (46 Conteh), Modesto (46 Grosso); Gasbarroni (46 Virga), Mutarelli (46 Barone), Codrea (46 Corini), Bonnani (46 Masiello); Pepe (46 Makinwa), Caracciolo (46 Brienza).
    Unused Substitutes: Santana, Gonzalez

Coach: Luigi Del Neri

-------------------------
    ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!!! :D :D :D

20. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    HEEHEE!

I told you lot!

I told you all that Makinwa shall be a firecracker this year.

:D

21. kass_rosanero

kass_rosanero New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Bucks-England
  22. kass_rosanero

kass_rosanero New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Bucks-England
    Palermo - Jesolo 1-0
    Caracciolo 36’

It was the sixth friendly victory in a row for Palermo thanks to a strike from Andrea Caracciolo. Although the team looked sluggish, they came out on top against a worthy opponent. Gigi Del Neri rested Santana and Pepe because of International duties. Pietro Accardi, Franco Brienza and Leandro Rinaudo were also rested whilst Gasbarroni was under the weather. The coach gave the strike force of Caracciolo and Makinwa a full ninety minutes to shine, although the schedule has been hectic the players performed well. Coach Del Neri said ‘The team defended well, we played better down the left flank rather than the right, but it is normal inasmuch as Bonnani and Grosso are more potent going forward. What has not gone well will be seen to and we’ll try to improve some movements. We are fast approaching the matches that really count’.

Palermo: Guardalben (66 Santoni); Zaccardo (66 Ferri), Barzagli (66 Biava), Terlizzi (66 Conteh), Grosso (66 Modesto); Gonzalez (56 Masiello), Barone (66 Mutarelli), Corini (66 Codrea), Bonnani (66 Virga); Caracciolo, Makinwa

Coach: Luigi Del Neri
    Referee: Stefano Perisan (Udine).
    Attendance: 1,000 app.

23. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    i wonder what the record is of teams that have gone undeafeated in the preseason...

24. kass_rosanero

kass_rosanero New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Bucks-England
    who knows, hopefully in the matches that count the results are the same.

25. kass_rosanero

kass_rosanero New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Bucks-England
    Friendly: Palermo 2-1 Nova Gorica
    Caracciolo 17 N.Kovacevic 82
    Masiello 52

In the last game of the Friuli tour, in Tolmezzo, Palermo beat Nova Gorica 2-1 thanks to strikes from Caracciolo in the first half and by Masiello in the second. For the Slovenians the score was halved by Nebojsa Kovacevic.

Against Nova Gorica, Gigi Del Neri only had sixteen players to choose from, after being
    forced to release eight players for international duty, namely; Barone, Barzagli, Grosso, Guardalben, Makinwa, Pepe, Santana and Zaccardo. Also due to the unavailability of Accardi, Rinaudo and Gasbarroni, however the eleven on the field didn’t let the absence of these players affect Palermo's form.

Palermo (4-4-2): Santoni; Ferri, Biava, Terlizzi (64’ Conteh), Modesto; Gonzalez, Mutarelli, Codrea (64’ Corini), Masiello (64’ Bonanni); Brienza, Caracciolo.
    Unused subs: Sirigu.

Coach: Luigi Del Neri.
    Referee: Stefano Perisan (Udine).
    Attendance: 500 app.