P/I/P Season 27 Game 20: LA Galaxy at Colorado, 7/16/2022, 6 PT on SportsNet

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TrickHog, Jul 15, 2022.

1. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes if the different thing is always the wrong thing.

Dawdler repped this.
  2. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder who the players are. Man up and call them by name Derrick. If these guys cared then the least they can do is curse out the slackers in the locker room.

Dawdler repped this.
  3. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Credit to Gyasi still rocking that Simon Phoenix look. Last time that was en vogue the Galaxy were a good team.

4. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    WTF WOW

skydog, Dawdler and hav77 repped this.
  5. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't think we had the horses to win this one with only one finisher at our disposal and Delgado still out. There've been losses where we've played well for long stretches (usually when trying to force the comeback) but I can't even say that about this one. We never looked in it, really. Tough game, but I think it's important to remember we're missing some key pieces and Colorado is a tough place to play. As I said prior, a 0-0 result under the circumstances would've been a very good outcome. I think it was more important to snap the losing streak than go for the win. I probably wouldn't have started Sacha and maybe would've started Leerdam. Probably would've kept Cabral in midfield and played a 4-2-3-1 or at least played the 4-4-2 "straight", that is with midfielders that stay wide rather than cutting in (i.e. starting Efrain on the left).

The Beautiful Gamer and hav77 repped this.
  6. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    When do the supporters groups finally start to protest this FO? How long do we blindly follow this team without demanding change? I am so tired of going to games and listening to ACB chant like blind squirrels who just found a nut. We deserve better.

Skevin, MPNumber9, skydog and 2 others repped this.
  7. Vindo310

Vindo310 Member+

Mar 19, 2009
    South Bay LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always start out the seasons going to away viewing parties. Catching a few games at the stadium and watching every game on TV that I’m not at.

Then at some point I realize it was false hope and we aren’t getting away from Klein Ball and I revert to watching 7 minute YouTube recaps and lurking a bit on here.

Its just too stressful caring about a team that the front office doesn’t even care about.

I don’t need to win a championship to come back and care. I just need competence. No more bullshit players like Costa and Cabral. I’m pissed idk how the suits at AEG aren’t pissed. They have thrown away millions on shitty DPs over the last few years. Buying out contracts and such.

A manager at McDonalds would be fired if they were as poor as Klein and co have been.

8. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    JPAR, this is not directed at you so please don’t take it personally. I’ve seen several people on social media make a similar remark and I thought I would try to address it.

The aim of a supporter group is to cheer during good times, bad times, wins, losses, etc. The aim is to support the team and club no matter what. They’re not cheering these guys in particular; they are cheering the legacy of this club and the amazing moments we’ve had, players we’ve had, trophies we won. That being said they are just as pissed as we are. Trust me.

Most people don’t know the time and dedication that comes with coordinating a supporters group. They get there earlier. They practice. They often put a lot of their own money towards the group. Many drive 50+ miles to be there directly after work. I can count how many times they’ve had to advocate in favor of fan friendly stadium activities with the FO. The battle to have tailgating. The battle to expand the group. The battle to have banners, tifos, the battle to make rivalry games safer, etc.

I often wonder if Klein thinks about the supporters groups and how they are a factor in attendance being up. VBlock has grown so much in 10 years. They add so much to the game. People are drawn to this. I know I am.

That being said these things aren’t unconditional. This season I’ve seen less enthusiasm for the team than I’ve ever seen. I no longer see gifs of dancing people with “GAMEDAY” or tweets with “AHORA JUEGA EL MAS GRANDE.” I see less interactions between supporters here, social media, viewing parties.

I’ve made the personal decision to no longer attend games in person. I will watch at home and save my time and money. I know many of my fellow Vblockers are hitting that point as well. We’re not asking for much. We just want a fun team. By fun, I mean a team that doesn’t go down 3-0 at home by halftime in half their regular season matches. A team whose spirit isn’t being questioned. A team with DP players who want to be here.

Supporter groups like VBlock and the Riot Squad have done their part in making game day fun and lively. What about the team? Klein? They owe us.

galvanator, Berks, ProudNatRN and 13 others repped this.
  9. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I probably need to change my "TV off at 2-0" rule to 1-0

ProudNatRN, kaburu, Geneva and 7 others repped this.
  10. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Thank you and well said. A little frustration on my part. The supporters groups are amazing and their dedication is incredible. I wish there was a way to let our voices be heard apart from not going to the games.

12. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Totally understandable. I’m wish there was a clear cut solution as well, but best I can think is to not put money into the hands of AEG anymore. Rather than buy from the team, I’ve been buying from local, SG owned shops like One Two Thread.

I also read somewhere (maybe here?) that Klein and Kirovski are up for renewal at the end of the year. We can all write emails to AEG letting them know that renewing their contract means a lot of us will stop attending games, buying merchandise, etc.

napper, galvanator, Berks and 4 others repped this.
  13. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Can we also discuss who do we think Derrick Williams was calling out?? Araujo? Edwards? Alvarez?

14. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Yeah, I was pondering that also. I also have Araujo and Edwards as the prime suspects because of how they leave the back exposed at times. Alvarez is interesting. He seems too young tho to buck the coach. But I can totally see the other two.

That the players are turning on each other publicly is certainly very telling on the inner stability of this team.

15. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    I remember when the support clubs sent out an open letter about the level of competitiveness during GBH's reign.

Sadly I don't think they are up to sending the same message regarding the FO mostly because they live and die by what the FO allows them to do and they wont do it above the level of coach.

hav77 repped this.
  16. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Looking at the stats, it seems fairly even apart from:

Colo did better in tackles won 14/3 and duels won 52/36

Colo completed 41% of their crosses (!! )to our 18%. They crossed 12 ttimes to our 11.

Colo took 10 shots with 5 on target, we took 18 shots with 2 on target.

We took 12 shots in the opening 35 minutes to their 2 shots and they were up 1-0.

Data fm MLS
    COLvsLA 07-16-2022 | MLSsoccer.com

hav77, The Beautiful Gamer and TrickHog repped this.
  17. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    This team will never achieve much no matter who our manager is if Klein and Kirovski are handing the manager dudes. I don't like Vanney much but I don't think Mourinho would even succeed here.

hav77 and LEM-LAG repped this.
  18. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Watching other MLS matches. Anybody see the pre-game panel with Cobi and Lalas being questioned about Galaxy? They showed the sideline interview with Williams musing about what other Galaxy player are doing or not doing and the question was, does Galaxy make the playoffs yes or no?

Cobi of course said yeah and that what Williams had pointed out was merely something the coaching staff has to address and iron out and everything will be ok. Visibly squirming in his seat. :rolleyes:

Lalas said no, not the way we are going and that Vanney has to take charge and fix what is wrong with the team as per his job. :thumbsup:

skydog, ProudNatRN, mbar and 1 other person repped this.
  19. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
  20. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Raveloson has been on fire for several games leading the midfield. Vanney pushes him back.
    2. Vanney combines him with slow as hell Sacha. WTF.
    3. Whoa those Derrick quotes. I like this guy a lot. He cares, and I like it.
    4. Wonder who he was calling out. Edwards' play has regressed a ton, wondering if it's him. Julian doesn't seem to have that personality? Rayan? There are likely multiple players in this boat.
    5. Costa makes me IRATE. How many times a game to I get to watch him dribble, and then try to curl a shot to the left post. And miss. Plus he is a walking red card.
    6. There was the first game Gasper played where he laid a turd. Laid another one tonight.

Exhausting. I'm ready for Klein to be out as well. While Vanney is on the hot seat, Klein should be. It's been 8 years of futility. That's on him.

Geneva, Dawdler, JPAR and 5 others repped this.
  21. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    "...a player's name is not an identify..." THIS, well, unless the name is Zlatan, but yeah.

22. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think part of the problem is that two of the coaches main guys are people that can’t really hack it anymore in Sacha and Victor. I could see how Greg leaning on them despite their inability to effectively play more then 30 might create issues that lead to wider discontent when losing.

JPAR, TrickHog and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  24. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is my exact thinking too. Costa hasn't had enough minutes in games due to recovering from injuries to be the guy causing the most potential discontent problems. Yes he is guilty of a dumb foul that lead to a suspension and such things can make guys mad at you, but he has otherwise not really contributed to the team enough to make me think that they even consider him a major factor. (Seriously when has he played 3 straight games since he joined?) However between the 2 of them, both Sasha and Victor are guys that have been getting the nonstop start or sub all season when both should have only been emergency use players that help the young guys in practice sessions and to help hype them up in the locker room when games aren't going well.

I get it. Both guys can play CAM and that is a position we need. Both could easily be Captains on any team in the league due to their experience alone. Both still think they got what it takes to be a major contributor to the team. However both have bodies that won't allow them to even run hard for more than 20 minutes and that is a problem. Costa at the moment only has this issue due to his lack of games requiring him to need to build up to 90 minute stamina. So I get him as a super sub.

However,... I'd be willing to bet cash that Sasha and Victor are knowingly or unknowingly creating big time discontent with the young guys in that locker room. Seriously I can't see Julian Araujo daring to call out a Sasha Kljestan for losing his man in the midfield simply because Sasha's mind for the game alone makes him look like a park and recreation league player. I have said it before and I will say it again, the defensive weakness in the midfield is compounding the efforts of our back line.

25. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #225 The Beautiful Gamer, Jul 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
    Post Game Media Call

Vanney opens up talking about the front guys yelling at the back line and vice versa. Midfield and Backline communication break down tells me that me and Mbar might be on to something and once again at least Vanney can see the problem as well. Now what will he do about it is the million dollar question?

TrickHog repped this.