P/I/P Season 27 Game 19: LA Galaxy vs San Jose, 7/13/2022, 7:00 PT on FS1

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TrickHog, Jul 12, 2022.

1. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    You know what's realy odd? Vanney had Sacha playing the 2nd to last man back - like a counter pressing mid - when he can hardly move. Just look at him trying to stop the counter when possession turned over. He was really struggling to move as Quake's just whizzed by.

I wonder why no Leerdam?

MPNumber9, hav77, Beirut and 4 others repped this.
  2. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All of it.

hav77, LEM-LAG and Dawdler repped this.
  3. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Yeah, we caught that also. :cautious: :rolleyes:

Dejan almost carried the team but too much to ask in the end. Well, back to 7th place in the West.

Congrats to SJ I guess. Don't know why they are interviewing people for the coaching job if the one they got is doing this but whatever.

hav77 and Dawdler repped this.
  4. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    :cry:

5. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Costa managed to stay on the field till the end. Huzzah!

Dawdler, skydog and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  6. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    I like Vanney the person but I am not gonna let that excuse his defects as coach. His inability to work on this team and improve without falling back time after time. His game-day tactics that cost the team matches and points. His lousy scouting abilities. His hard-headedness BS with regard to Dejan. This kid is not a sub, he is a player to build the team around but Vanney could not give less of a shit because Joveiljic came here to simply sub for Hernandez. At least in his mind. We can't have a coach that rigid or stupid.

I put my trust in Greg also but he has proven time after time that he is not the dude to take us anywhere. He is just another struggling coach. I wish him well wherever he goes.

napper, Dawdler and skydog repped this.
  7. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If not for Bond and Sega recovering his man losses we would have lost by 6 easy

Dawdler repped this.
  8. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I vaguely remember someone saying Vanney or the FO were stuck in 2018. Certainly seems like Vanney is with how much faith he has in Vasquez and Klejstan, who God bless them, are legends, but they’re done. They’re not going to compete in todays MLS.

Dawdler, The Beautiful Gamer and hav77 repped this.
  9. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vanney post game talked about missing mark Delgado and how he should have been an all star.

now I agree marks been good but he’s also been an awful passer and made lots of mistakes. The all star comment makes me question how vanney analyzes things.

10. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not ready for Vanney's head yet. The backline making bad individual mistakes screwed us tonight. Vanney's biggest mistake is not making Vazquez and Sasha purely emergency players only. Tonight he started this game with Vazquez who was too slow to mount a consistent attack, and then he subbed in Sasha who is too slow to mount a consistent comeback attack. I will call for Vanney's firing if he misses the playoffs. If he wants to try me though, starting either one of them again anytime soon might do it for me. Especially now that Costa is healthy and actually looking solid. He got an assist and dang near scored 3 times.

Dawdler and hav77 repped this.
  11. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Good god..

I might get some hate for this, and it might be the absolute disappointment of tonight, of this season speaking, but some of these Vanney quotes make me… sympathize with GBS.

Dawdler, The Beautiful Gamer and hav77 repped this.
  12. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We really suck.

Joveljic is the lone bright star.

We are like the opposite of that new photo of space that everyone is passing around.....

kaburu, Geneva, Dawdler and 2 others repped this.
  13. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais

This Vanney comment makes me scratch my head. I love Mark and he has possibly been our best player this year, but an All-Star ? Nah. As you say, his passing can sometimes be completely off, like against LAFC.

It makes me wonder about his talent evaluation. I can give you at least ten MLS CMs who've been better than Mark this season. Maybe Vanney is like our FO : he feels OK with what he's doing and doesn't realize how far we are from the top MLS teams.

napper, Geneva, Dawdler and 5 others repped this.
  14. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's two games where we played like our butts were on fire in the second half. That intensity needs to be there in the first half.

This team is sucking the soul out of me. We lost to cellar dwellers.

Victor is done. Donzer donzers. Sacha didn't look much better. I don't want to see Victor starting again. Defensive liability.

Edwards might be tired, but woof.

Bad Julian showed up, as well as abysmal Sega.

Defense doesn't look good as skydog has been saying, and we've been punished. Then the midfield decides to show up and it's too late.

Dejan is a superstar. And for twenty minutes Kevin looked great, and then he got in his head and the wheels fell off.

FRUSTRATED.

15. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    How do you remove a team from your Directv “My Teams” auto-record list?

16. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ugh.

I missed the game, and Dejans goals notwithstanding I'm glad I missed it.

What's happened to this team?

17. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've literally lost count of how many times this season we've been down by 1 before I've made it to my seat. Just unacceptable.

18. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Saw this headline about DC United and thought it’s not long until the same will be written about us. I wouldn’t be surprised if Keane was amongst the next three managers we try out.
    Wayne Rooney can make D.C. United better. Why? Because it can't get much worse

19. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heck, I'm open to poaching Donovan instead of letting SJ take him.

The Beautiful Gamer, Beirut and Dawdler repped this.
  20. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    He has a really bright coaching career ahead of him. He remind me a bit of Thierry Henry whose analysis I love on Paramount+. Landon did a show on ESPN were all he does is analysis games and I was really impressed by his analysis. He also just seems like a genuinely kind, supportive, and thoughtful human. He doesn’t deserve this mess.

I’d take LD or Keane as coach IF Klein and Kirovski left the organization. Otherwise we’re just preparing to see another team legend fail.

21. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As sucky as that game was, I feel what sorta got overlooked was Joveljic's second goal. I mean, we don't have anyone else on the team, not even Chicharito, who can make his own space at the top of the box and then curl it upper corner with his weaker foot.

That goal was dope.

I mean, Dejan has to start the rest of the way, right? Right?!?

Berks, napper, shelbo and 9 others repped this.
  22. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm not sure about LD though. I'd want a good coach to be dependable and provide stability. However, while LD marching to the tune of of his own drumbeat is a positive, it can also be a negative. He seems to be introspective person, and makes decision based on feelings. There's nothing wrong with this, but it could come off as being fickle and undependable. Remember when he said he's interested in coaching, but wouldn't consider coaching grown-ups? Also, he had his sabbatical from soccer. He also retired from the Gs, but then came back to play in LigaMX. He just seems to change his mind "on a whim", and this isn't something I'd want from a coach.

23. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    We need someone who can come in and tell Klein and Kirovski to sit down and STFU. Even Bruce struggled there at the end.

Using my usual comparison it’s what Conte is doing at Tottenham. While Levy is nowhere near the incompetence of K&K, Conte wasn’t going to take his typical approach to transfers and team building.

hav77, TrickHog, Dawdler and 1 other person repped this.
  24. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Yeah, no Donovan, Keano, Beckham or all three at once. These guys have practically zero experience, combined. We are gonna jump from the pan in to the fire? This dude we have here at least has experience and a MLS cup under his belt and you see how he is struggling.

We need a dude that thinks outside the box and can do with what he has while awaiting the slow transformation a team usually takes to become highly competitive once again. With a keen eye for the talent he needs. Not this mess that's all over the place winning here and getting bent over there (mostly at home) and so on. He's out there somewhere.

Nobody with feelings.
    images-2.jpg

The Beautiful Gamer, hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  25. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vanney: Our team can't defend through the middle with only two central midfielders.

Also Vanney: I'll start no-legs Vazquez as the third midfielder.

Berks, LEM-LAG, napper and 5 others repped this.