P/I/P: Playoffs - Leg #2 Home - LA Galaxy vs Seattle Sounders 11/07/10 6:00 PM PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by tsaldana3, Nov 2, 2010.

1. tsaldana3

tsaldana3 Member

Apr 26, 2008
    TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]VS [​IMG]

Watch - ESPN , Deportes
    Listen - 1150 AM 1330 AM

Previous Game

Seattle Sounders 0-1 LA Galaxy

Current Position

Game One - Win!

Galaxy Injury Report
    (As of ???)

OUT - ???
    DOUBTFUL - ???
    QUESTIONABLE - ???
    PROBABLE - ???

Predicted Lineup

--------------------- Buddle --------- Bowen --------------------

--------- Donovan ------------ Juninho ------------ Beckham -------

------------------------------- Birchall ----------------------------

----- Dunivant ------- Gonzalez -------- AJDLG ------- Franklin -----

------------------------------ Ricketts ----------------------------

2 people repped this.
  2. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like that predicted line up. It can attack and defend. This is a game where we are going to need to press for a goal and hold them off. If they get a late equalizer and the game ends in a draw then cool. However if we can open up and score at will on this team then that would be even the better.

3. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is going to be a very tough game, but I think we got it, based on having our one-goal lead. We'll be playing fairly cautious but not bunker ball. If we try to just defend for 90 minutes, obviously we're screwed, but we're in so much better of a position now with a goal than if we had to come out with guns firing.

4. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    considering our home vs. away record and the fact Bruce has tipped his hand strategically, this is going to be a tough game. i'd settle for 0-0

5. Pegasus503

Pegasus503 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
    thank you Ts3

6. BlueMagic

BlueMagic Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Avalon
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mind you though that Sigi had absolutely no answer for this strategy. That team is built to attack from the wings, and their central midfield essentially sh*ts their pants at the sight of #21.

One change I would definitely make is to have Tristen play up front with Buddle, but I get the feeling that Bruce likes to keep him on the bench as a viable RW option should DB run out of gas. Magee has been useless though.

7. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing I could see Sigi doing differently is starting Nate Jaqua over Blaise. He wouldn't present a speed challenge to AJ but he would present a height challenge if AJ starts. However if Omar locks in on Nate and AJ on Montero we will be fine.

8. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope we win. That would be cool.

9. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm gonna say we go at them attack them and attack them often. This is our home and for all the pundits who say this is not a fortress, how many playoff games have we lost at home?? (seriously I have no idea)

10. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bring 'em on. Seattle is going to be hungry and we cannot afford to be looking past this one. I'm actually glad we only won by 1 goal, because I could see us getting lazy if we had managed a 2-0 win. Nah, screw that I'd take the 2-0. It'll be interesting to see how offensive we go from the start. I have a feeling Bruce may pack it in soon after half time even if we don't get another goal, so we better get it done in the first half.

11. Vindo310

Vindo310 Member+

Mar 19, 2009
    South Bay LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need Dema in there. He scared the piss out of Alonso last game and that totally took him out of the game.

If we use Becks and Landon just like we did last time they would be exhausted by the next game should we win. How about 4-5-1 with Dema and Birchall side by side. I mean having Magee in there is essentially playing 4-4-1 anyways.

12. OC Galaxy Fans

Jul 30, 2009
    Placentia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Predictions for Sunday approx 8pm.

1 - So Cal Sound bragging about how they stand and cheer for 90+ and they are 'better' fans

2 - Sigi in his post-game press conference stating that he is proud of his guys and how he thought they outplayed us

3 - Galaxy begin preparing for the FCD match on the 14th

13. zurc

zurc New Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is from the Galaxy twitter.

FACT: lagalaxy are 19-2-1 at home in #MLS Cup Playoffs, outscoring opponents 55-16. Last loss at home in 1998 to Chicago Fire

14. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks,

Now with that knowledge, We may not be a fortress during the reg season but try and win during the playoffs.

Come get some seattle, we already slapped you around at your house now you wanna come here???:eek:

15. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you see Simon Borg on the MLS Daily video? Before last weekend he predicted a 3-0 Seattle victory. On Monday he went on about how vulnerable LA is at home without even acknowledging his earlier prediction. The guy is a complete idiot. :)

16. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah the guy is a tool. he is the new Shep Messing. Hate LA because we are LA.

17. JukeBox

JukeBox Member

Apr 14, 2008
    South East Asia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not really into this line up. I think we need to see Becks in the middle this time and let Birchall roam the wing for a change. Birch got more legs and energy, plus Becks already confessed that the turf and the way he played in the last game has put some toll on his healing ankle. It was sore very bad after the game.

With Becks in the middle and Juninho behind him, at least we can see some fluency of the ball through the midfield and help more with attack. We need to attack more this time coz Seattle for sure gonna change their game a bit. Remember the Open Cup? Just a few days after they lost to us 3-1? At least with our possession in the middle and speed on the wings we can surely control the game again much, much more and perhaps got more goals to win!

18. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking about Becks' comments re his sore ankle, and was thinking that if Stevens is healthy, I wouldn't mind seeing him start in place of Becks. We're upa goal and Mikey's a good player with one hell of a motor. He's also got a good soccer IQ.

Also... as I posted in last week's thread, I don't want to see bowen start. He's too raw and inconsistent. I like having him on the bench. Despite all the hate for Magee, I think he's a tactically safe guy to start. He's not going to do anything brilliant, but he's more likely to make the smart play.

I wouldn't be hurt to see this lineup:
    [LINEUP-4-4-2]Buddle, Magee, Donovan, Juninho, Dema, Stevens/Birchall, Lewis/Dunivant, AJ, Gonzo, Franklin, Rickets[/LINEUP-4-4-2]
    We can create offense with that lineup, and if we give up a goal we have Becks and Bowen to bring in off the bench.

19. Venturadoc

Venturadoc Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Ventura, CA
    No offense but, Beckham can't sit on the most important game of the year. He's a big game player and we need him on the pitch whether its 90 or 120 minutes. I can't see Bowen starting just given his lack of games recently, but I would consider Kirovski for Magee. To be honest, Kirovski is the lesser of two evils for me. I'd just like to see more control in the midfield and see Franklin pushing up, albeit, selectively to create some passing channels. I'd also likr to see Juni slightly more up the pitch attacking. Can't wait.

20. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should clarify... this is only if Becks is having issues with his ankle. I'd rather have him rest it and be ready for later games. If he's OK, then he needs to be in there.

21. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just WIN, dammit, WIN!!

:D :D :D

22. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel the same way--if his ankle/achilles is really bothering him, granted it's an important game, but if not going 90 minutes will help avert another major injury, we should give him the rest. We're going to need him next year, too. Granted that he's one of our best players, but we should be able to win this without him. We've done it against SSFC twice already this season.

YES!

23. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Calling 2-1 to the G's, 3-1 win on agg.

24. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want a shutout!!!!! :D

25. BlueMagic

BlueMagic Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Avalon
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    speaking of a pollo campero night, did we ever hear what happened about the coupons we were supposed to get after we beat Dallas?