P/I/P Match 24: Revs vs DCU, Sat 8/13/22 7:30p [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by NFLPatriot, Aug 10, 2022.

1. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MATCHDAY GUIDE | Revs vs. D.C. United (August 13, 2022)
    By Jeff Lemieux
    revolutionsoccer.net

edcrocker repped this.
  2. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just as important, the Midnight Riders Golf Tournament is the next day. And there are some DC supporters playing in it. My only priorities for this weekend are 3 points for the Revs, and not to finish below those guys in the tournament!

ktsd repped this.
  3. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    will any of the new guys be available for this game?

4. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    Well it wont be that hot so thats good. I will be attending with my 3 adult kids/spouses and 4 grandkids so Im looking for a good game!!!!

edcrocker and pwykes repped this.
  5. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    I would hope all 3 of your spouses are adults :p

rkupp repped this.
  6. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    And the guys coming back from injury. Recent optimistic reports about them being almost ready turned out to have been overly-optimistic, if not entirely disingenuous.

So, the question marks are:

- Bou: likely pretty limited minutes, if available
    - Borrero: ditto
    - Vrioni: who knows? We don't even know why he didn't get a call off the bench last week.
    - Tajouri-Shradi: Again, who knows? He's only played 161 minutes all season, so if he's fit (big 'if'), he'll probably need significant conditioning time. Maybe available off the bench, again, if healthy.
    - Diop: I'd guess he'll need more practice time with the team
    - Makoun: was on the bench last game, so I'd assume he will be for this one too

Would be nice if the team had enough respect for their supporters to give some status that has some credibility.

7. BERich

BERich Member+

Feb 3, 2012
    New England
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All sports think that the injury report is a state secret. Now, most states have allowed legal betting on sports in this country; which IMHO is a stupid waste of money. Yet these teams will not give the public all the information necessary to make "an informed" decision. I fully expect a lawsuit down the road when someone loses big money because a team didn't disclose all the information.

8. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HIPAA laws will prevent that lawsuit from ever winning.

9. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IT-S said in his introductory press conference that he is dealing with an injury (shocking, I know), and is 10 days to 2 weeks away from playing.

10. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    And I'll bet he got a scolding from the staff about giving away too much. :ROFLMAO:

We're in a busy stretch with 3 games in a week's span, so it's unlikely he'll be able to help with any of those. Maybe, if all goes well, he can debut on the 28th against the Gals.

11. Argyle

Argyle Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Plymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Betting is the reason for the injury report.

12. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure if you're being serious (it's so hard to tell on the internet), but just in case you are: HIPAA privacy restrictions only cover health insurers and healthcare providers. They aren't general restrictions on everyone, so they'd have no bearing on a lawsuit about injury reports in sports.

And if you weren't being serious, sorry, my bad!

13. BERich

BERich Member+

Feb 3, 2012
    New England
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That could very well be true, but if the information in the report is incorrect, what good is it?

I think that could be a gray area, when it comes to our courts and who you get for a judge. But teams could put or do have in their contracts that the team is allowed to release sports-related injuries on the players. If a player signs the contract then there are no HIPPA violations.

14. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, I was kind of half way in between, The team doctor is a healthcare provider and thus subject to HIPAA. But we all know that is not the real reason they don't want to share, even if they are willing to hide behind it.

15. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well this f'in sucks.

pwykes repped this.
  16. abecedarian

abecedarian Member+

Mar 25, 2009
    SSSomerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, all our offensive players have just been raptured. We're down Lletget, Traustason, Altidore, Bou, Borrero, Vrioni... who else? No wonder we have five defenders on the bench today.

17. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the win. But I do not like Omar as a late late sub. He is no Scotty Caldwell.

Cannons and pwykes repped this.
  18. abecedarian

abecedarian Member+

Mar 25, 2009
    SSSomerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was the freakiest Revs lineup I've ever seen there at the end.

Glad to see Makoun playing DM, since that's a position of sore need, particularly with Polster potentially hurt again. He looked pretty good too, in a limited showing. And props to Buck, who should have had an assist.

BrianLBI and pwykes repped this.
  19. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was watching the bench players warming up in the second half. Omar looked like their camp counselor. So many youngsters.

20. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    I was at the game last night. Great time. I really didnt notice Makoun one way or another but recorded the game and will watch later today. Great crowd last night! The parking for general admission sucks. Too long a walk to get in. I dont understand the difference between opening one of the main lots and opening that remote lot?
    I thought they got too many clean shots and the DMs seemed to be no where to be found. Goalie made severl game changing saves. Hope we have him signed for a LONG time. He's great! Rennicks had a couple of good chances but missed both. Gil missed an open net as well. We should have scored more but 1 was enough last night

edcrocker and pwykes repped this.
  21. brdmaverick1

brdmaverick1 Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Oct 22, 2021
    What are your thoughts? I would have liked to have seen Vrioni, tristauson, and bell coming off the bench as the game as only 1-0 even though it felt well in hand.

I’m still a learning fan though.

do you think putting in the other guys was more due to a game on Wednesday, or do these guys project to be better alternatives if they just get some experience

edcrocker repped this.
  22. BrianLBI

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC wasn’t bringing a ton of ideas or quality to the attack; nevertheless, I liked our composure in the second half to lock down the three points. We kept up our attack, even as we made substitutions. I thought Tommy Mac had an exceptional game. BTW, if we’re going to give Omar minutes, coming in for Boateng isn’t the worst idea.

23. BrianLBI

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, Vrioni was injured (I hope it’s minor) and tristauson has left the club. I do think Bruce is taking it one game at a time as we muddle through these injuries and the increased number of matches in the coming weeks. Taking three points at home is critical, so perhaps we’ll see Bell in the next few games

edcrocker repped this.
  24. BERich

BERich Member+

Feb 3, 2012
    New England
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A few random thoughts:

Overall I thought they played fairly well last night. They created some good scoring opportunities, the fact that they didn't put more in the back of the net is a little frustrating. But then again, they didn't have the "A" team in there.

I thought Jones had a real solid game. I also thought that Buck's vision and ability to pick out the "correct" pass were very impressive.

My biggest negative is the same! The Revs get a lead and they nonchalantly pass the ball around the back between the CBs and Goalie. It never fails someone makes a poor pass that is intercepted and immediately puts pressure on the back line. Last night it was Kessler. If you want to pass it between the CBs make sure it's in the attacking half of the field.

edcrocker repped this.
  25. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    Tristauson is no longer a Rev