P/I/P Match 12: Revs @ CLB, Sat 07/03/21 5:00p [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by NFLPatriot, Jun 29, 2021.

1. asctester

asctester Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Apr 2, 2018
    Witch City, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    rkupp, NewLaw83 and BERich repped this.
  2. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Farrell's 2nd blunder in as many games. It's one thing to unluckily get hit in the head by the ball, but shouldn't he be tracking the flight of the ball while getting in position? But, that's not even the worst part - that was where he panicked to cover up the mistake. That was a ball that either Turner or Farrell could have cleared - the only thing that could have gone wrong would have been if they got in each other's way. As it was, Turner got to it and made the clearing kick and Farrell blocked it into goal.

For one, either one should have been screaming to take command of the clear, and two, Farrell needs to get the he!! out of the way (maybe slow Zardes up?) once Turner comes into the play. Farrell is panicking and going heads down because he's embarrassed by his mistake and all he thinks about is making up for it. That's unacceptable for a veteran center back.

All that said, hands on the backs of both Farrell and Turner make it a foul by Zardes. For those who say it wasn't enough, I ask this: can you say it didn't make a difference - because, that's not legal contact. Watching it on replay, it's clear both Turner and Farrell go sprawling from the push, whether it is slight or not. Either way it's a dangerous play.

A Casual Fan, NewLaw83 and pwykes repped this.
  3. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    My other thought is that, from a rookie who showed little initially, the improvement curve for Tajon Buchanon is literally breath-taking. Who knows what this kid's ceiling is?!

NewLaw83 repped this.
  4. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buchanon is going to wind up in Europe.

NewLaw83 repped this.
  5. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Yes, and maybe at a really big club.

I wouldn't be surprised if a very profitable bidding war arises for his services.

6. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ball is in possession of the Gk prone on the ground . The attacker lunges for the ball and comes OVER the ball. Red card all day and half way to Tuesday . From ifab,

Serious foul play
    A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.”