P/I/P LA opener, Rapids at LAFC, Sunday 8PM, 8/19/18

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by AlbertCamus, Aug 17, 2018.

1. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I’m sure we will qualify, it’s just the whole money grabbing nature of international football that’s bush league.

SccrDon and COMtnGuy repped this.
  2. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The boys looked like they “vacationed” in LA all week and got a little too much surf, sand, and sun. They looked and played like I work every Monday I return return from a vacation. Slow, tired, lethargic, an attitude of I’d rather be anywhere but here. Watching the game I wanted to jerk Hudson up by his stupid tie and ask him WTF are you doing? Is this intentional sabotage?

3. fischerw

fischerw Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    Joplin, MO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't see the second half because it was bed time for me in Central Time.

However, we didn't look like the worse team in the first half, in my opinion. Neither side was very creative. We had one or two good chances, but they broke on the rocky shoals of McBean.

Andy126 and SccrDon repped this.
  4. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, felt like we deserved more at the end with the quality of our chances.

LA's 2nd goal was frustrating to me. Basically a 1 v. 2 situation where Wilson let him get a high-percentage shot off and Howard seemed to over-commit.

I thought Acosta could've done better on the 1st goal against.

5. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Really, I expected a bit of a let-down on this one. Lineup and subbing pattern told us that likely would be the case (McBean + Wynne = loss every time).

The team didn't look great, but they had chances. Couldn't put them away (as many have pointed out here). Not sure if Boli would have done better, but IF he could stay on the field I bet he would have. Gashi also likely could have done better if he could run up and down the field for more than a few minutes.

Can't really use the "they are tired" excuse since LAFC had even more games in recent days. Energy and focus seemed lower than the past few games for some reason, but the team played better than a 2-0 loss would indicate. Not good enough that the result wasn't fair, although a tie could have been OK.

Rod.

Andy126 and Sports Yak repped this.
  6. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    1v1 duels lost = 1. Bradley v. Hudson.

Instead of being at a 'gentlemen's' club after the match Tim was seen at the lost-and-found asking about a missing half-step.

UxSxAxfooty repped this.
  7. pdid10

pdid10 Member+

Aug 8, 2008
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I liked Serna. He had a couple of wtf moments in the middle but he really showed some great skill and effort. I think he will settle into a solid player in the middle with more playing time.

8. pdid10

pdid10 Member+

Aug 8, 2008
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Also wynne showed he can’t play whether in a 442 or a 532. Jackson had a decent start but once the defenders figured him out he was out of ideas.

9. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    I wondered how he would do going 90 when he is used to a pretty frenetic pace as a sub later in the match -- didn't ever see him bent over so apparently pretty fit. Still has a tendency to launch low percentage shots when out of other options but that may be more on other players not moving off the ball?

10. commercecity

commercecity Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Commerce City, CO
    It's Jordan Angeli. I really hope her career takes off, she's great. I listened to the first half on radio (950AM) in the car on the way back from a tournament in NM. She was good and a bit more honest about our shortcomings, I liked her style.

AlbertCamus repped this.
  11. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Totally agree. Need to remember the name.