P/I/P Game 20: LA Galaxy vs RSL 11/1/20, 7:30 PT on Spectrum Sportsnet and ESPN+

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TrickHog, Oct 30, 2020.

1. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn’t someone once say that life is a game of inches.....

2. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Was the defense playing as high a line as they did under GBS? It wasn't clear to me from the broadcast since you don't get the full view of the field and RSL doesn't appear to have a forward like Jordan Morris who can just plain beat you for speed anyway. Nevertheless, that would be a tactical change that could make a difference given our personnel.

shelbo, MPNumber9 and TrickHog repped this.
  3. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    This has been an ongoing issue with Galaxy throughout the season and reaching into last year also.

At one point a few years back it seems we got a new fitness guy who was whipping the guys into shape to the point people were going down with injuries and it was talked about here that maybe they were being pushed too hard. I thought , hell, push them! they are pro athletes.

This year there has been much commenting about guys being gassed, beat, done and just plain exhausted (we all saw Subak sucking air like a dyson and looking like he was about to stroke out right?) Now this is part and parcel of being in a league with budget restrictions that wont allow for extra money to build depth on the bench for any sort of consistent rotation with out affecting much of the quality of on-field play. Also particularly this year with compacted schedule that has matches twice a week for extended period of time due to the virus. But it also has to do with our conditioning or lack thereof.

As stated in the quote RSL did not wilt and I could give you others like Colorado, Houston, Vancouver and up to a point San Jose and these are bottom of the barrel, clearance-bin teams that somehow have a fair amount of go-power with not expensive rosters. How do they do it? Are we special? They all had to stop play for long periods of time. They all went to the Bubble. They all have compacted schedules. They all had injuries.

All this to ask, what gives here? Get these guys on a treadmil! :cautious:

4. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bet GBS used subs and rotated players way less than every other team in the league. That might be a big part of it.

5. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I agree. I started to mention Dom’s better positioning of players (Yony wing, Gonzalez lcb, Seb central) as the other upgrade but forgot to.

hav77, MPNumber9 and TrickHog repped this.
  6. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    When I was talking about qualities needed in a good coach I mentioned paying attention to details. This is a good example.

MPNumber9 and TrickHog repped this.
  7. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    And the coaching bump can certainly last the rest of season matches plus into the playoffs. To give Dom and us any real honest chance to show/see us what he's got the suits would have to give him a season. If the team stays up and does qualify for the playoffs you have to think Kinnear deserves and maybe even expects a shot at leading Galaxy next year.

73Bruin, hav77 and MPNumber9 repped this.
  8. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Yet another one of his deficiencies? I would not be surprised.

73Bruin and TrickHog repped this.
  9. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, my wife used to say that...

hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  10. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Well, since the box has been opened, every inch defnitely matters.

TrickHog repped this.
  11. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heyoooo

Dawdler and TrickHog repped this.