P/I/P Game 19: LA Galaxy at Portland Timbers 10/28/20, 7:00 PT on ESPN

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TrickHog, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Vindo310

Vindo310 Member+

Mar 19, 2009
    South Bay LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t watch the games anymore. I just come to the threads to see what happened.

GBS is not worth watching. Even if we win a game I wouldn’t care. I want a huge overhaul and then I am back in because at least there would be some hope that we could get better.

2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
  3. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    I have a feeling an entire or even partial FO organization makeover is not in the cards no matter how much it is needed based on the attitude of ownership in past years. Fron office change is long overdue but yet nothing has happened. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it goes down but I am not holding my breath.

Coaching staff? the complete opposite. I anticipate a new set sight unseen, no questions asked. I fully expect once our season is over for the FO to stare at the floor and simply point to the door.

With new coaching staff for the 2021 season Pavon becomes a huge issue. A culling of the nitwits will be first order of the day and Pavon will or should get improved teammates and an expected better suited system so he can be all he can be and breathe new LIFE! into this team. At least that's the expectation for me.

skydog, TrickHog and hav77 repped this.
  4. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    He's average at best at this point. We should have kept Romney (and Polenta to be damned sure) but I also understand Depuy is young.

skydog, footballfantatic and TrickHog repped this.
  5. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    #155 El Futbolisimo, Oct 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Pavon, of course.

But Dawdler gets honorable mention and a round of applause. It was another good night for him. :laugh::thumbsup:

skydog, TrickHog and hav77 repped this.
  6. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GBS is gone. Let’s see if Dom can work magic in the 3 games he gets to be in charge.

StillKickin, JPAR and footballfantatic repped this.
  7. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Even magic has it's limitations.

TrickHog repped this.
  8. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, for those who like the maths, to make the playoffs, what has to happen is pretty clear, now that they are going to use PPG instead of total points since Colorado won't make up all of their canceled games, which means teams will play different numbers of games in the west. So here is what we need:

1. We have to win all 3 remaining games. That puts us ahead of Houston, RSL and Vancouver, regardless of what those teams do otherwise.

2. Then we need either:

--SJ Quakes gets no more than 1 point in their last 2 games (they play LAFC and Seattle - so possible)

or

--Colorado gets no more than 3 points in their last 3 games (they play Seattle, Portland and Houston, so again, possible

So there you go. Suffer away.

Berks, LEM-LAG, skydog and 5 others repped this.
  9. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really wish you hadn’t figured this out.

skydog and TrickHog repped this.
  10. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always keep hope alive until Klein puts it under his heel and squashes it like a bug.

napper, Berks, StillKickin and 3 others repped this.
  11. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t remember DePuy being so immobile earlier in the year. Don’t discount the simple fatigue factor. He is young and never had to play so many games in a compressed time frame. The real problem is there was no quality for GBS to use to rotate in from game to game. And that’s on DTK. I am pretty sure Romney wanted out so we may not have been able to keep him. Agree on polenta, and Gonzales actually made sense on form. Who knew he was a dumpster fire?