P/I/P Game 12: LA Galaxy vs FC Dallas 07/07/21, 7:30 PT on Spectrum SportsNet

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TrickHog, Jul 7, 2021.

1. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    This is what I saw also. A long ball that Revolution thought he had. I would not even categorize it as "lazy." Not his natural position to begin with. I know he will learn from it and for the love of... it's the man's second match.... 2nd! But I get that he sorta blew it.

Bond's part in this is also understandable. It was a quick long pass that may have caught him off guard. What I don't understand is why he starts swinging at the ball but then quickly pulls his arm as if he thinks he out of his area or doesn't want to create a PK situation and catch the player instead. It looked like he could have gotten to the ball knocked it off to the side giving people time to recover. Weird play and it happens.

Worth mentioning I suppose but I am sure we all give them a pass on that.

We need The Beautiful Gamer to put up the highlight reels again.

The Beautiful Gamer and TrickHog repped this.
  2. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, you were obviously right about Cabral being a gifted finisher ;)

skydog, TrickHog and El Futbolisimo repped this.
  3. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing that occured to me was that Dallas came out in a very agrressive high press in the second half that, frankly, worked pretty well. We suddenly seemed pinned way back and Bond, Depuey and a more tired Rayan struggled at times to break out.

Normally I would look at this and think this is possibly a moment that exposes a team's weakness and other teams might adopt.

What's so great about our team is how much talent we have (much of which was not on display last night). Going forward we're likely to have Sega and Williams at centerback with Rayan available to help at the DM position. I don't think the high press that was effective in the second half last night is going to hurt us in future games at all.

Nice to have the depth of players to provide solutions to any problems that pop up in a season or match. I'm so excited about the possibilities with this team in the remaining 2/3 of the season.

napper, hav77, shelbo and 5 others repped this.
  4. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Dark horse? yes. Maybe even grey horse. With these guys showing me what they are right now and with the hurt guys and the away guys all coming back at some point the potential is limitless. We have lots of time to come together and put a little polish on all this raw talent and Vanney is showing he can do that. The man is on a mission!

footballfantatic, skydog and TrickHog repped this.
  5. kaburu

kaburu Member+

Jul 12, 2009
    los angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    springbok in van nuys

hav77, pirozhok and mbar repped this.
  6. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Strategem Swine wasn't posting because he was at the game. It was a fun game to attend... :)

napper, Geneva, El Futbolisimo and 5 others repped this.
  7. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great match! Sorry I missed the commentary; I was at the game (and like many others, when I am home, it's tough to watch live these days). But I do enjoy the live commentary when I can keep up (usually I go back and read everything which is always fun).

Twitter gets a bad rap, but what it does better than any other social media platform (IMO) is share content. While actual tweets are limited, content posting and out-linking is probably the best format I've seen aside from message boards like these in fact. It's why you see Twitter posts embedded everywhere, including reddit and message boards; it's just a great way to share news, content or organize thoughts and present analysis in a variety of format. And no one even needs an account to view and browse your Twitter content (I usually just check the LAGalaxy hashtag a couple times a day without logging in). But this is still my #1 place to discuss the Galaxy.

Geneva, El Futbolisimo, hav77 and 3 others repped this.
  8. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great performance and result. I think two guys who really needed goals got 'em; and Revoloson getting one is just icing on the cake.

To echo everyone's thoughts, the team is not just playing well -- they are playing like champions. These guys are putting in shifts every game. And getting results. So that does give the team a winning aura. And I think it was also important to prove we could win without Chicharito.

9. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It is a confident bunch with big aspirations. Bond said in interview last night that he thought we might be the best team in the league when everyone is healthy. Haven’t heard that from the Galaxy in several years.

Geneva, ProudNatRN, hav77 and 3 others repped this.
  10. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Speaking of breaking a high press. This is a really nice 17 pass sequence that lead to the Cabral goal. Nice commentary from good old pass back Pete too.

11. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
  12. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Btw - it was good to see the after game chime ins. Wouldn’t be the same without you guys and gals to share the ups and downs!

Beirut, Bilgediver, Berks and 5 others repped this.
  13. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I appreciate the MLS model for allowing guys like Bryan Jordan, Rafa Garcia, and Ethan Zubak to have a chance at living the dream. I know as the league gets bigger and bigger and expectations become higher and higher, that these types of not as highly skilled, but effort players will be pushed out to lower divisions. But until then, I will continue to root for the effort guys living the dream.

Beirut, Bilgediver, LenPa and 9 others repped this.
  14. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Speaking of effort players. It brings up the situation of Steres in my mind whose skills may not be stellar but has given us tons of effort at his position and may be at the end of his starting days as these new guys step in. I know he sees this and it it just the natural progression of this sport that better guys will come but I feel bad sitting Steres for what he has given to the team. His heart. :inlove:

15. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #215 The Beautiful Gamer, Jul 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    Highlight Time Folks

I enjoyed this game. It gave me hope that we will not be a one man only goal threat. It's just a matter of jelling. I think we turned a corner people.
    Especially with Grandsir and Cabral.
    Grandsir would have been Man of the Match had he scored his 2 attempts. He was excellent. I can't wait to see a full power Galaxy line up.

-------------------------Chicha
    ---Cabral-------------------------------Grandsir
    -------------------------Lletget
    ---------------Rayan-----------Jona
    --Villafana----Williams-----Sega------Araujo
    --------------------------Bond
    I also love how deep we are finally.
    I feel we are good enough to get to the Conference Finals.
    Especially if we are scoring on all cylinders we could even upset Seattle and sneak into the Cup.
    Next Season we are going to be scary good.
    One week to heal some injuries then we take out Vancouver.
    Our next 3 games are against just the type of teams that should allow guys like Grandsir and Cabral to really grow in confidence. I am expecting goals out of one of them going forward.

Geneva, hav77, LenPa and 8 others repped this.
  16. shelbo

shelbo Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    L.A.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's starting to look pretty good, but we would miss Vazquez's (or Sacha's) creativity. Maybe Lletget could fill that role, but he is generally too careful. That KC game Vazquez had a few long passes cutting through the defense that were just beautiful. I don't see Lletget making those plays.

hav77, skydog and LenPa repped this.
  17. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way. You can't expect a GK to stop a clean breakaway. Rav tried to clear the ball, but missed. It's all on him.

18. LenPa

LenPa Member

TSV 1860 München
    Germany
    May 12, 2021
    Munich
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That is true and I also appreciated to see such great passes by Vazquez but we still would have some potential on the bench which will help us if needed. Nevertheless, it is possible to change a the one or other player in the line up and still have a "full power" line up (depending on which "game style" you like the most ;)).

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  19. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Vazquez brings a whole new dynamic which I think is very much needed in this team. His ability to pick a forward pass, and dribble with the ball is excellent. Lletget is a different type of player who I think suits the #8 role best for us. Hard to say what Vanney will go with. Maybe Jona and Lletget will play great together when they have a true DM behind them. I hope so but feels weird for us to have Alvarez and Vazquez both sitting on the bench.

20. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I have the solution:

-------------------------Chicha
    ---Cabral-------------------------------Grandsir
    ------------Vazquez-------------Lletget
    ---------------Rayan-----------Jona
    --Villafana----Williams-----Sega------Araujo
    --------------------------Bond

One of the players just needs to slip onto the field after the ref does his head count.

21. LenPa

LenPa Member

TSV 1860 München
    Germany
    May 12, 2021
    Munich
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Magical. I am fascinated by the idea (maybe one of them can run so fast that no one notices something!)

The Beautiful Gamer and TrickHog repped this.
  22. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's done it before [emoji2369]

23. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW on the Dallas goal: for me, the error was on Revaloson. That flying drop kick is almost never the right play, but especially when you're the last man back. If he just stays up and bodies his man, he has a much better opportunity of giving Bond a fighting chance.

24. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cabral and Vasquez are so small and slender, maybe if they just stand close to one another at the start of each half, the ref will think it's one normal-sized dude...

25. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Happy to have these problems. How to adjust and align the team having too many GOOD players.

Looking good. Feeling good! :)

skydog, shelbo and TrickHog repped this.