P/I/P: #3 - LA Galaxy vs Chivas USA 04/11/09 7:30 PM PDT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by tsaldana3, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Kurri

Kurri Member

Dec 18, 2006
    why did Lalas say this game isnt important to chivas? its important to both squads come on!

2. arsynic

arsynic Red Card

Jan 2, 2007
    Santa Barbara
    i didn't hearhim say that, i justwish i knew how to use my SAP button. and now the ref is goin yellow nuts

3. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    he said it came at a better time for the galaxy. intimating that teams play better during the derby, a loss for chivas could stymie their good, but somewhat fortunate start to the season, while a win for the galaxy could be just the kick start they need.

4. arsynic

arsynic Red Card

Jan 2, 2007
    Santa Barbara

i thought that quote was retarded. how is it good for the galaxy to play chivas when they are 3-0 and at the top of the league?

thank god we have landon. he's the only player with a hint of ability on this squad.

5. arsynic

arsynic Red Card

Jan 2, 2007
    Santa Barbara
    berhaltar hasn't looked bad so far. one bright spot.

6. Kurri

Kurri Member

Dec 18, 2006
    so has ricketts thus far

7. arsynic

arsynic Red Card

Jan 2, 2007
    Santa Barbara
    ref has given so many cards early he's afraid to give any more out.

these commentators are quite retarded.

8. qrich

qrich Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Van Nuys
    God, this referee SUCKS. He's taking the whole fun out of the game. I'm ticked off.

Edit: Ricketts is looking great and I still can't stand Tudela nor Migalroza or whatever.

9. Kurri

Kurri Member

Dec 18, 2006
    thanks ref!

10. arsynic

arsynic Red Card

Jan 2, 2007
    Santa Barbara
    deserved ejection. nagamura has been being a jackass.

11. drew coho ohio

Apr 15, 2008
    Columbus OH USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  12. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Rojo!

One of the supporters' group sounds really great, with the synchronous drums and metallic banging (either cymbals or a malleted gong). It sounds like the Koreans!! Awesome!!

13. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    not a bad showing actually considering our midfield consists of stefanni something-or-other, josh "holy crap i probably shouldn't even be starting for a usl team" and sean "living proof of the sophomore slump" franklin.

14. Megasuperb

Megasuperb New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    hey it's better than Mark Rogondino and whats his face that always makes retarded analogies to other sports.

First half thoughts:

-This referee is hilarious

-Alan Gordon is bad

is pretty much it. It's pretty entertaining I won't deny that.

15. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Decent first half, I think we're doing okay. Yeah, it does seem like a 5 man backline, Sean is sitting back quite a bit. I think he is playing well though. Donovan Ricketts has been outstanding so far, if he can keep this up he could be our Kasey Keller. Exceeding my expectations so far. We'd be down at least 1-0 now with Saunders, Wicks, Cronin or any keeper we've used in the past few years.

The ref lost control a bit, gave up a few soft yellow cards and then had to stick to the early precident he set. Lets see what we can do with the man advantage in the second half (hopefully more than the Colorado game).

16. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good form.

Yeah I was slightly impressed with the performance, Ricketts has had to bail us out a few times, but at least he's proved he's up to the task so far. Berhalter has been decent.

If we dont take advantage of having the extra man I'll be pissed, we need to win this game.

17. jorgeinla4

jorgeinla4 New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nogamura (sp?) is one nasty player...

18. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I'm honest, I've actually enjoyed Alexi's commentary so far. I think I like his interactions with Harkes, and the three man booth, better than Harkes and JP only. I've been pleasantly surprised. He's a better commentator than a GM, although that's not saying much...

19. jorgeinla4

jorgeinla4 New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh boy. I get this weird feeling that a few more players will be ejected before the game is over... :eek:

20. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I was going to ask at halftime who people thought would be first to be sent off, but I didn't expect it to come before the break. I agree with your prediction too. I'd put the over under for more yellows at 5, and reds at 1.5

21. triple7

triple7 New Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Alan Gordon is by far the worst striker i have seen in the league. Anybody else would've made the goalie work a little, he shot it straight at him.

Rickets has looked pretty darn good.
    the ref is killing the game. The only good thing he's done is send off Nagamura:D

22. jorgeinla4

jorgeinla4 New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nagamura's send-off has really put a dent in my fantasy soccer... :D

23. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

It has been awhile since LA had a quality goalie between the pipes. Sure looks great!

24. arsynic

arsynic Red Card

Jan 2, 2007
    Santa Barbara
    Dear Gordon: you are not skilled enough to make that move. Sincerely, go ******** yourself.

25. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is the stream working for anyone else? I can't get it to come up.