P/I/P: #29 - LA Galaxy vs Colorado Rapids 10/16/10 7:30 PM PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by tsaldana3, Oct 13, 2010.

1. tsaldana3

tsaldana3 Member

Apr 26, 2008
    TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]VS [​IMG]

Watch - PrimeTicket
    Listen - 1150 AM 1330 AM

Previous Game

Philadelphia Union 0-1 LA Galaxy

Current Position

1st in West
    1st in League

17-6-5

Galaxy Injury Report
    (As of ???)

OUT - ???
    DOUBTFUL - ???
    QUESTIONABLE - ???
    PROBABLE - ???

Predicted Lineup

--------------------- Buddle --------- Donovan --------------------

--------- Stephens ----------- Juninho ------------ Beckham -------

------------------------------- Birchall ----------------------------

----- Dunivant ------- Gonzalez -------- AJDLG ------- Franklin -----

------------------------------ Ricketts ----------------------------

Note:

2 people repped this.
  2. Pegasus503

Pegasus503 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
    Thank you to Ts3

3. mparker

mparker Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Section 141 Row G
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KC is sitting at 36 with 2 matches remaining. If they take maximum points they can end on 42.

Colorado is at 42 with two matches left. If they tie either of those matches they clinch their playoff berth.

My guess is that, with this being an away game, Colorado is going to bunker hard and try to counter with the speed of Cummings and Kandji. Before you say "they aren't super fast." Neither are our backs.

If they are able to effectively bunker and draw us in close to the goal we will be susceptible to a counter attack goal.

We need to score early in this one. That will alleviate the pressure, open the game up and make them chase the game.

I am looking forward to watching Omar put a leash on Casey and walking him around the pitch.

4. BlueMagic

BlueMagic Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Avalon
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a much bigger game than it probably should been given our record earlier in the season. We NEED to lock the SS down, secure homefield advantage, and allow Beuce to rest some folks against FCD next week. Again, I think we'll pressure to score early with the 4-3-3 hybrid.

I'm bringing 8-10 people, so I hope we get a decent crowd. I was trying to get seats by LARS or at least 139, but my rep couldn't pull it off. Should be a fun time though.

5. JukeBox

JukeBox Member

Apr 14, 2008
    South East Asia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    YAY! The thread is up!! :D

Thank God for this! I was starting to get bored already without a game and formations to talk about for the past 3 days!

Yeh, there was England and Euro Qualifiers and all that..but it was meh! :p

6. tehphil

tehphil Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Colorado
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't wait for this one. Hopefully I can find a Rapids watch party around here to crash ;)

7. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three things:

1. tsaldana is The Man and deserves far more than "rep" here.

2. A draw doesn't hurt us so there is no reason to go all out on attack. If ever there was a game when we should knock it around the big HDC pitch and let them chase for a hour, this is it. A set piece or a quick counter will get us all we need if we keep it tight at the back.

3. Colorado is a tough team for us for two reasons. One is Cummings' speed and the second is that Conor Casey owns Omar and has since Omar came into the league. Kanji is the least of my worries. A five man midfield should deny their forwards service and all ow us the chance to sew up the SS. Franklin and Dunivant should lock down the wings. All that said, its time for the MVP and greatest American player of all time to step up. "Paging Mr. Donovan to the white courtesy phone."

8. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Win and clinch... that's all there is to it
    :)

9. GalaxyGal

GalaxyGal New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Endline 101 Row A
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Hoping for a win so we can clinch that Supporters' Shield! I need some poster ideas, anyone got anything good against the cRapids?

10. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My suggestion:

1. DEATH
    2. TAXES
    3. COLORADO CHOKING THEIR WAY OUT OF A PLAYOFF SPOT

2 people repped this.
  11. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Galaxy Attacks
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR6jChBfqAA"]YouTube - Galaxy Raw - Week 28[/ame]

12. css71588

css71588 Member

Apr 20, 2009
    perris ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i like all those shots on goal but when game time no one shoots

13. Mike Gray

Mike Gray BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 17, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I'm not too worried about Kandji, but Omar Cummings has pace and finishing ability, a combination you don't often see in MLS. Him and Conor Casey's Omar ownage present a real threat. Good news is, the rest of the team blows. (IMHO, Pickens is one of the worst keepers in the league)

I'm curious to see if the team plays conservative or not. They need to go for the jugular and not depend on results. Wouldn't hurt our confidence going into the FC Dallas game next week either.

14. kilobio

kilobio Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    if we win this, will LA get supporter's shield at the end of the game or do we have to wait till after FCD match?

15. galaxy500

galaxy500 Member

Jan 21, 2010
    LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would hope that the SS will be in attendance, seeing that we are the only team that can clinch it on Saturday.

16. Vindo310

Vindo310 Member+

Mar 19, 2009
    South Bay LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All of the "seats" in LARS are first come first serve each game. So just come on down and stand somewhere. No one will tell you that's their section because it's all up for grabs.

If they are checking tickets really intently ask some people at the top of the section to borrow their tickets real quick. Everyone smokes at the top of LARS and if you tell someone that you want to bring some people down they will be more than happy to help. The more the merrier!

1 person likes this.
  17. BlueMagic

BlueMagic Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Avalon
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    right on. we'll definitely give that a shot.

18. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The trophy is traditionally presented at the Supporter's Summit the day before MLS Cup. Presumably its still in Columbus right now and one of the Columbus fans will be bringing it to Toronto to award to the winning fanbase.

19. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Surely a draw hurts us if RSL win? Doesn't that mean that they can clinch the SS if we lose to Dallas and they win their last game?

In any case, playing for a draw could backfire. I'd rather we went for the 3pts as Dallas are playing well right now.

20. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually we need to match RSL's result to win the SS this weekend. RSL plays FCD, who are on a 19 game unbeaten streak this Saturday. A draw is more than likely in that game, and Dallas may just go there and win it.

I don't ever advocate playing for a draw at home, but that doesn't mean we should throw caution to the wind either. Treat this like a playoff game and look for a way to grind out a 1-0 victory.

21. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be stupid not to go for a win here. Dallas is a far tougher team than Colorado. Besides, saying we can go easy here because we can always win the next one is a recipe for disaster.

22. css71588

css71588 Member

Apr 20, 2009
    perris ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Twitter from Luis Bueno out at practice today:

Hmmmm - where's Todd Dunivant?

Maybe Bruce wants to get more speed at both outside back positions to combat Cummings?

24. Rodneyd

Rodneyd New Member

Aug 21, 2004
    La Habra, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I have seen in the past at the Supporter Summits, true the Shield is presented to the fans of the winning team; however, it has been given to the winning team before the Summit if the winner is known before the play-offs. Therefore, should the Galaxy win on Saturday the Shield may be at the Dallas match.

25. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm surprised to see that they are selling tix on the grass berm and that other tix are nearly sold out for this game. Even though Colorado is in the playoff picture, I wouldn't think they'd be much of a draw.

I'm going to have to say that this is for Beckham.