P/I/P: #13 - LA Galaxy vs Real Salt Lake 06/09/10 6:00 PM PDT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by tsaldana3, Jun 7, 2010.

1. tsaldana3

tsaldana3 Member

Apr 26, 2008
    TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

Previous Game

[​IMG] 4-1 [​IMG]

Current Position

1st in West
    1st in League

10-0-2

Galaxy Injury Report
    (As of 06/07/10)

OUT - None
    DOUBTFUL - None
    QUESTIONABLE -Alan Gordon (Right Quad – Strain), Dema Kovalenko (Right Hamstring – Strain), Leonardo (Right Quad – Strain)
    PROBABLE - None

Predicted Lineup

--------------------- Kirovski --------- Bowen --------------------

-------- Alex ---------------- Juninho ------------ Stephens -------

------------------------------ Birchall ----------------------------

----- Dunivant ------- Berhalter ------ Gonzalez ------- Franklin -----

------------------------------ Ricketts ----------------------------

2. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All right! Here we go. Last game before the WC break, last real break before the schedule gets really hectic with the CCL, Open Cup, friendlies, and regular matches.

Anyone else worried about a letdown game? The team is playing well, still picking up points like clockwork, this is an away game to a team that is playing pretty darn well and isn't missing players.....I'm sure Bruce has the team's head in the right place, but this is a short turnaround with travel involved. Tough game, and I think Bruce fiddles with the lineup a bit for this one. Predictions?

3. respite_cdd

respite_cdd BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2009
    Harrison, NJ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me. Salt Lake has a good team, and while we've been all "No Landon, No Edson, No Problem," they don't have any of that to deal with. Plus it's in Utah.

But I've been waiting for a letdown for a while now...

4. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kyle Beckerman: Brian Ching Wannabe!

5. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    they're missing beckerman which helps level the playing field, they also played two game in d.c. (losing and drawing) where it was apparently hot & humid.

still altitude, compact schedule and i still think we're punching above our weight class - i mean c'mon two rookies and jovan kirovski are actually winning us games; that's crazy.

a nice nil-nil draw will suit me just fine.

6. Grumpy in LA

Grumpy in LA Bringing It Since 1807™

Sep 10, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe that you misspelled "a twelve-zero thrashing so thorough and pitiless that simply hearing of it will cause future generations of Salt Lake fans to weep into their sinful, sinful beer."

But I could live with a nil-nil draw.

7. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    This.

But seriously, Salt Lake is the second toughest team in MLS right now. Both teams are a little tired. We're more shorthanded. They're at home at altitude. On paper this looks tough.

8. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With two weeks off after this there is no reason to not start the same 11 from this past Saturday and bring in fresh legs as needed. Barring another bizarre own-goal we should be able to put up another shutout, and the way Bowen is playing I can't see us not getting anything at the other end.

The break in the schedule should allow us to get Dema, Gordon, Lewis and Leonardo healthy again. Even if we get out of town with a draw, I like our chances in the 2nd half of the season.

9. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they're missing findley too...
    we got the better of this team in LA, but i wouldn't be surprised if they get the better of us in Salt Lake.

I'd LOVE to see leonardo in the back line again if he's healthy. love the way Berhalter's playing, but he's on his last legs. i absolutely loved the first few games when leonardo was in the back with Omar, and i was thinking: maybe last year teams thought they were going to run past our slow back line, but not THIS year. leonardo/omar could be the future.

10. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need this one. No reason why they shouldn't take this seriously.

11. Grumpy in LA

Sep 10, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, there should be plenty of stuff about "statement games" and vengeance in the air to remind players that they're up against a good team that kept the Galaxy from lifting the cup last year.

Letdown games are increasingly a risk, but I would hope the first one wouldn't come against RSL.

12. Finley

Finley Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Under the blue sky
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This. 1000 x This. I know we are going to lose a game eventually. But I do not want it to be this one. I do not want RSL to be the team that breaks our undefeated streak. Hate them.

13. galaxy500

galaxy500 Member

Jan 21, 2010
    LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We did it in Columbus and we can do it again in Utah. No worse than a draw I believe

14. Grumpy in LA

Sep 10, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, come on. It's childish and petty to hate one's opponents in a mere sporting contest.

I mean, unless they're Goats.

Or Smurfs.

Or smug Seattle fans.

Or ex-Smurfs.

Or trying to beat the Galaxy.

15. 1RSL_Fan

1RSL_Fan New Member

Jun 6, 2010
    SLC
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, looking forward to the game this week. It's going to be a tough match and if anyone is going to beat us @ home it's you guys. Rio will be rockin' and David Cook is performing as well to make the energy that much better. Good luck talk to you after the game. GO RSL.

16. Sharktzu

Sharktzu New Member

May 14, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I really want the LAG to win this game! I know we're not going to win every game too, but to go into the WC still undefeated would be huge. BA needs to remind everyone how bad it would taste for two weeks to lose this one and blemish the teams almost perfect record. If RSL is missing Beckerman and Findley, we should not really be overmatched. The LAG just needs to get fired up for this game and continue the really excellent play. Overall, the defense has been so solid, I can't really see anyone putting up too many against us in one game. Let's just hope that it stays that way.

17. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Against the defending MLS Cup champs? They will be fired up for this one, Grumps. I guarantee it.

18. Grumpy in LA

Sep 10, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's my thinking too. If we lose, I doubt it will be because the players checked out mentally before the game.

19. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, Bruce should remind them repeatedly that if they lose this game, they have to sit with their first loss of the season for 2 1/2 weeks.

On paper, this looks like a tough game for us. And we will eventually lose a game.

But until it actually happens, I'm going to stay optimistic and think that Bruce will have the team prepared on Wednesday to kick some RSL butt.

20. Marve1ous

Marve1ous Member

Jun 17, 2008
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    How many games looked tough for them on paper? How many of those did they lose? How many home streaks have the G's snapped? How many times have the G's exceeded our expectation?

I've given up thinking about a loss, not because we haven't lost or the possibilty isn't there (it is) but because it ultimately doesn't matter if we lose on Wed.

The G's have been through a ton of tough matches and they've pulled through each time. The possibility of a loss is there and I'm okay with one but I still think we'll take a point or 3 in Utah.

It's a pretty good feeling not worrying about a loss (if it comes or not), it's a liberating feeling. No energy spent on worrying, because if it happens it happens.

have faith

21. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    by the way... tsaldanas graphic at the start says the game will be on direct kick.... is that for real? or will it be blacked out?

22. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let down, no.

But a very tough game, against an opponent that is almost unbeatable at home.

The altitude is a factor, particularly with our older players.

Fingers crossed, but a loss would not be surprising.

23. galaxy500

galaxy500 Member

Jan 21, 2010
    LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm gonna get some comic relief from all the haters on BS posting about how our season is over, we're doomed, peaked too early, etc...... WITH ONLY ONE LOSS! (if we even lose)

24. cnami3

cnami3 New Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pasadena, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I want to know from everyone, as impossible as it seems to everyone about keeping our regular season MLS record unblemished.

Shoot, why can't we stay undefeated? Yeah, I know that injuries can happen, we might lose LD or Edson to a Euro team, but what if we lose the CCL and the Open Cup, I believe it could be possible that we can be undefeated as crazy as that may sound. I believe in every player on this team, like Magee said, every team disrespects us and we play for each other.

Our opponents continually underestimate us, it is to our advantage and we are certainly taking advantage of that.

It is great to see our team with the type of chemistry that reminds me of Barca of last year. My belief is that the team will play well and hopefully come back to L.A. with a win. 2-1 Galaxy BABY! :D

25. css71588

css71588 Member

Apr 20, 2009
    perris ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think what helps us a lot is that we never use the same lineup so it make it hard for teams to prepare for us we use the same lineup only once back to back