P/I/P: #12 - LA Galaxy vs Houston Dynamo 06/05/10 5:00 PM PDT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by tsaldana3, Jun 2, 2010.

1. tsaldana3

tsaldana3 Member

Apr 26, 2008
    TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

Previous Game

[​IMG] 0-2 [​IMG]

Current Position

1st in West
    1st in League

Galaxy Injury Report
    (As of 06/02/10)

OUT - None
    DOUBTFUL - None
    QUESTIONABLE -Alan Gordon (Right Quad – Strain), Dema Kovalenko (Right Hamstring – Strain), Leonardo (Right Quad – Strain)
    PROBABLE - None

Predicted Lineup

--------------------- Magee --------- Bowen --------------------

-------- Stephens ----------- Juninho ------------ Franklin -------

------------------------------ Birchall ----------------------------

----- Dunivant ------- Berhalter ------ Gonzalez ------- AJDLG -----

------------------------------ Ricketts ----------------------------

1 person likes this.
  2. css71588

css71588 Member

Apr 20, 2009
    perris ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i like the line up but omar is going to miss this game because of yellow card so i think we will see Leonardo there

3. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think in the vs. Crew thread it was realized he is 1 yellow away now, not already at the 5 needed for a suspension.

He currently has 4, and as per the rules -

http://www.mlssoccer.com/competition

4. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he's fit and ready to go, I'd rather see Gordon for Magee. Otherwise, that lineup looks good. Then Mathis, Kirovski and Klein as our subs.

5. lou czar

lou czar Member

Sep 26, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hooray, the real thread, page 1!

The final score: LAG X HOU 0!

Solve for X.

1 person likes this.
  6. respite_cdd

respite_cdd BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2009
    Harrison, NJ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and 1st in your hearts...

1 person likes this.
  7. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    agreed. the columbus game really illustrated how badly we need someone to get on the end of long balls and hold on to possession.

8. css71588

css71588 Member

Apr 20, 2009
    perris ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    alright cool i just went off the LA Galaxy Blog said he was going to miss that game

9. Galaxy Steve

Galaxy Steve Member

Jun 15, 2007
    PASADENA AREA
    From the Galaxy Blog write up on the Columbus game (bold added):

"• Omar Gonzalez and AJ DelaGarza were each booked in the first half for LA. It was DeLaGarza’s second yellow card of the year and Gonzalez’ fourth, which will result in a one-game suspension following his next yellow card."

Steve

10. DJSgalaxy

DJSgalaxy New Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Houston has got Ching back from injury so he might be the only real scoring threat they have.

11. css71588

css71588 Member

Apr 20, 2009
    perris ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

oh shit thanks i guess i miss read it

12. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Omar/Berhalter match up well with Ching. Brian's size doesn't really help all that much against our "Towers of Power."

13. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    result of the houston red bull game
    angel with an amazing free kick in the 94th minute to give the red bulls a 2-1 win. houston on a 2 game losing streak and not appearing to be as mentally tough as in past years. they looked slow in attack and through the midfield until they brought on corey ashe. a tough game to be sure, but i would be disappointed to lose at home to this dynamo team on 2 days rest.

14. respite_cdd

Feb 12, 2009
    Harrison, NJ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kick-off time sucks. I was hoping for a three-match day, with the US:Oz in the morning, RedBulls:Goats (first time at the new stadium) in the evening, and my Gs late at night.

Is this thing on FSC or something - that's why the stupid timeslot?

15. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Galavision has it live at 5:00...Fox Sports West has a tape delay for 10:00 p.m.

16. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igYba5xnqS8&"]YouTube- The Debate Team - Style of Play[/ame]
    The Galaxy Style

3 people repped this.
  17. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Galaxy are emulating the Galaxy. Nuff said.

18. respite_cdd

Feb 12, 2009
    Harrison, NJ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if I have to watch it delayed, at least I can watch it delayed in a language I speak. At 1 in the AM. Maybe. If the Direct Kick is carrying it...

Meh, whatever. I fail at not looking up scores, anyway. But thanks! :)

19. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    funny how that "boring, defensive, lucky" style has not only produced the least goals against, most wins, fewest losses, but also second highest total goals in the league. a sixth of those goals came while missing the current league leaders in goals, shots on goal and assists.

i know this is all manufactured "debate" like the talking heads on cable news, but c'mon.

20. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah no kidding. As I pretty much said on the youtube thread...In 08 the Galaxy was all attack with no Defense. In 09 Bruce added a solid defense but the attack became hampered with Beckham out until July, Buddle staying injured & Eskandarian being retired during the AC Milan game. Leaving LD to carry the bulk of the attack. Now the Galaxy attack is better but is still lacking due to Beckham being hurt; which leaves Landon & Buddle to shoulder the majority of the scoring burden. If Bowen & Stephens step up and become consistent scoring threats, the Galaxy attack will become insane. More so when LD & Buddle return from the WC, & Beckham during the playoffs, (If his new ankle works as well as his old one of course.) We maybe a counter attacking team, but we have it in us to attack like mad as well. So I gotta agree with Greg that our style is beautiful in its own right.:cool:

21. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    X is any beatdown we give to an opponent while shutting them out
    X/0 is infinity
    Infinity is excellent
    Therefore... (unsurprisingly)
    X is for excellence

22. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the guys hit on it when they said it was probably personel based.
    Bruce is a smart guy and he is building. as good as we are right now, i don't think this is what he has in mind as the culmination of his work. But in the stream of progression from being the worst team in the league and bleeding at least two goals every game [remember those days, boys?]...... to a winning side, he started with cleaning up at the back, organizing and getting everyone on the same page.

he used [and is still using] a bunch of veterans as well as shoring up with some younger talent. that discipline from the professional vets is what gave us the good shape. we stopped hemmoraging goals.
    we did pretty well in the second half, but this year we've done really well.
    i'm really impressed with the young talent we have right now.
    last year, EVERY team knew that we were slow and running at us would cause problems. When we came out with leonardo in center back at the beginning of the year, and added juninho and stephens to the team, all of the sudden, we weren't so slow and teams knew they weren't going to get behind us so easily.

Bruce is still building. I believe as we add new players, and hopefully some DP's too, we will continue to drop the older players, mold the new into the disciplined group needed to secure the defense and then progress to a more entertaining side. But we needed to start at the back and deal with that first. It's coming together VERY well right now, but I still don't believe this is the finished product that he envisions. Even if we win the MLS cup this year, bruce will be looking at how this team will improve in possession and attack opportunities.
    The 'defense and counter' is effective and works with what we have, but i don't believe it's the culmination of what the Galaxy is looking for, just the most effective for now.

I would love to see us throw down some DP money for Velez Sarsfield's Maxi Moralez and maybe Dagoberto from São Paulo. If we could keep Donovan around and add those guys.... this league would see some attacking soccer.

23. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent idea. Keep the pipeline going.

24. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    I think Ching will come out very aggressive and try to make a point to the team of the player that took his spot in the World Cup (Edson Buddle).

25. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All right.