PBP: P/I/P: #05 - LA Galaxy @ FC DAllas; 4/13/13; 4:30 PM PST

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by profiled, Apr 11, 2013.

1. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And as hard as I have been on Carlo, I think this has to have been his best game.

Berks, StillKickin and Ghosting repped this.
  2. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    They just showed a clear shot of the skinhead douchebag who threw the bottle. Lifetime ban coming up, I hope. And I hope they find the jackass with the laser pointer.

Skippysasquirrel repped this.
  3. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So much wrong with that match.

- We need to be quicker in the final 3rd and get shots on frame
    - Misplaced passes from the middle two, including unnecessary cross field passes.
    - Leonardo....
    - AJDG offers nothing in an attacking sense down that wing, his crosses were pretty bad.
    - Our corners were poor.

- The team selection was poor. Clark must be awesome in training because he does look like anything resembling a footballer on the pitch. I don't understand bringing on Garcia for Sarvas. I get he might have been tired, he was on a yellow, and he was making the occasional stupid pass but Sarvas was still offering a bit in an attacking sense.

4. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    No way. He lost his man after the initial shot to play the ball. If the ball ricochet's to him off the bar then he needs to be aware of it. And all that said. holding you opponent to 1 goal should be good enough. This one is on the attack who didn't do enough to get a goal and then you can blame Leonardo and Landon for the loss.

Actually, I don't blame Landon for not converting the PK with absolutely no preseason. He might not have taken a PK for 6 months. I actually thought he would have his shot saved. I think in this case the courageous think actually would have been to let Villareal take it.

5. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Posts like this make me really miss neg rep. C'mon Hachiko, a draw was "too hopeful"? "I told you so"?

6. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, maybe he's rounding into form. Looks promising.

7. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    Talking about earlier, 85th minute or so. We had a really nice spell of possession going and Omar needlessly boots the ball 60 yards to no one. Dallas basically come back and score. Playing with 10, away from home after a mid-week game tied in the 85th minute, it was a naive play.

Ghosting repped this.
  8. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F' that!

- Leonardo shouldn't of gotten himself sent off.
    - Donovan should of converted that PK.
    - Actually Magee should of been the one taking that PK.
    - Garcia shouldn't of given that corner in the first place.

We lost this game as a team.

9. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I have had a tough week in my personal life. I was really hoping for a result. Oh well.

Bruce has given Leo enough time to show if he's a starter. He's not. Meyer, or AJ in his place. It just makes sense. The red card is also tough cause Omar needs a break. You can tell. He's fatigued. He lost his man tonight just like against De Nigris in the 1st leg. We can't afford to play anyone else next saturday against SKC. On a positive, as Cadaver pointed out, that was Cudicini's best game. He seemed very focus and confident tonight and he had the same look on his face that I did after the Dallas goal. Pure Disappointment.

Hushx repped this.
  10. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our offense is not there yet. Very few chances the whole game. Disappointing game.

Ghosting repped this.
  11. LA GALAXIAN

LA GALAXIAN Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I blame this one on Garcia.....unnecessary heavy touch that lead to a corner kick from which they scored.....really no midfield depth besides Sarvas/Juninho.......

Ghosting repped this.
  12. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would have negrepped you back if you did that, so I'm glad it's rid of, quite honestly.

13. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yikes.

On the upside, we finally have an outside back that can cross.

Ghosting, Bid&Offer and StillKickin repped this.
  14. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Question: LA fan or Dallas fan? The skin, that is.

15. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On this team, playing Donovan in the midfield is the only option. He's not a frontrunner right now, and we desperately need his playmaking. Sarvas, Juninho, Clark, even Magee and Franklin, none of them can create, and they certainly can't hold a candle to LD in that area. But Magee can play very well up front, Franklin on the backline, or on the right while LD is on the left. We have Keane, McBean and Villareal up front, and they are more than good enough to get service and score.

MPNumber9 and StillKickin repped this.
  16. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Typical Hachiko.

StillKickin and ragbone repped this.
  17. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :cool:
    Start the next thread.

18. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    Dallas fan in their supporter's section.

Hachiko repped this.
  19. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoops. Wrong person he hit. If he was an LA fan, that's understandable, but if not, he just hit the wrong guy.

20. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time rally, and get the juice back.

21. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you say so...

22. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, in fairness, without Keane, with Landon having no preseason, and without the third DP, the team we trotted out in Dallas was lacking our three top players in form. And, they were tired from the CCL and travel, which is understandable. I'm not sure what it is you realistically expected from them. Name me a team in the league that "plays at a high level" without their three top players.

Chupacabra repped this.
  23. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I blame this one on Kyle Martino who's blathering commentary has put him in my doghouse. For a guy who used to play the game some of his comments seemed curious. Like Villareal's PK earning foul vs. Perez's. Wasn't it obvious Perez was flopping for a call all night? And I'm pretty sure they both went to ground pretty easily. And all the talk about Sarvas deserving a yellow? Sheesh Sarvas didn't look sharp, but he was awfully good today wreaking havoc in the midfield.

Ghosting, Bid&Offer and StillKickin repped this.
  24. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    And the truth is if you subtact the red card, I think we play Dallas pretty even with that lineup. Even a man down for 30+ minutes I think we had more shots on target forthe game than they did.

25. Hushx

Hushx Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I cant help but think how the final scoreline would be different if Donovan had actually taken some more shots (especially towards closing minutes of first half) instead of trying to be Xabi Alonso and threading the other guys through. Landon, you realize youre the best player in that match right? How about showing it by taking a f**king shot from open play?

Its like he left his balls back in Cambodia.