P/I/P: #04 - LA Galaxy vs. Toronto FC; 03/30/13; 11:00 AM PST

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by WarGalaxy, Mar 25, 2013.

1. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    retarded. villareal's goal was a game tieing last minute, you have to take that into consideration

2. 7E23

7E23 Member+

Jul 7, 2008
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And for Steve Cronin ending his playing carrer with the punch to the head.

3. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that would be hard to get over.

4. UcIceD2011

UcIceD2011 Member+

Jul 10, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Villarreal's goal is #1 on Sportscenter for today.

5. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is going to be fun watching McBean and Villarreal progress

Berks repped this.
  6. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. TFC's been one of our bogey teams for quite a while. We always seem to struggle against them no matter what the standings look like. I'll take the away point. Still, I hope we can start finishing our chances and stop making bonehead errors in the back.

7. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once we have a full fit Landon and Keane I am pretty sure the chances will start falling again. The back can be cleaned up by moving Franklin to the back again and sitting Leonardo. then we have a right mid problemm who do we play there? I would say put stephens and Magee as outside mids and its the best we can do until we find a better right mid. Clark is just not at our teams level. Maybe the kid Aguilar from Herediano, He looked mobile and smart on the ball. We can get him physically fit for the league.

8. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good news is that we're undefeated so far this season. Both in MLS and CCL play.

Bad news is that we've just played the easiest part of our schedule.

But I guess, I wouldn't have it any other way. Considering Donovan's been out for most of the season, Omar's, Keane's, and Villarreal's international duty, Cudicini's and Leonardo's ring rust, & Meyer's, Walker's, and Zardes' injuries.

We've seen McBean and Villarreal breakout and build confidence, Magee do his thing, and overall guys building a good foundation for the season. I don't know if we'd be sitting where we are if started the season mostly on the road against teams like KC, RSL, SJ, and Montreal on top of playing a MX side in the first round of CCL. I think we're in a much better position this season than Seattle is.

Berks repped this.
  9. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say Donovan and Magee as outside mids. We can use either Villarreal or McBean alongside Keane, depending on the opponent's weaknesses and on whether we're looking for a hold-up striker or a poacher.

dashiel and WarGalaxy repped this.
  10. generaladmissision18

Jul 29, 2011
    Highland park, ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to see two MLS strikes make the top 10

11. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know we want to put LD out right due to Clark's suckage, but I just don't know. He and Keane are so great together and I hate to waste LD on defense. Sigh. I wish Jimenez was just better.

12. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps you're right, but I don't want Villarreal, McBean, or eventually Zardes wasting away on the bench and stunting their growth. Plus Donovan's role in future WCQ games for the Nat's is at RM, midas well have him play there for club too.

Berks repped this.
  13. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't worry all that much. This season we're definitely a possession-oriented team. We might not generate as many counterattacking chances as we did with Beckham, but possession is the best defense. Donovan won't be pinned back marking players too often this season.

Berks repped this.
  14. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    If the US had lost to Mex, my headed would have exploded...

15. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Joe Bendik, Toronto's keeper: "Same thing happened against Vancouver, one let down and its costing us points but it’s early in the season and one thing we have to remember is that we are hanging with champions."
    So how's that for becoming the "super club" that Lalas so wishes we were during his days of mismanagement? Forget beating us, some teams are just proud to be able to "hang with us!" :)

galaxydeadhead, Berks and TrickHog repped this.
  16. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I agree. Without our DPs we're a middle of the pack team and 8 points from an easy schedule is about right.

Going on, what I'd like to see is

--------Keane---Magee---------
    Donovan----------Stephens

In the past, the Donovan-Keane combination has worked the best with Donovan to the left of Keane and I'd still like to see if Keane and Magee can rekindle their magic (it's hard to tell how much of it was them and how much of it was the Fire defense).

If it doesn't work out, then move Magee to the right and bring in one of the youngsters at forward.

17. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As usual, The Galaxy are pretty tight lipped about injuries. However the original plan was to have Zardes and Walker back by the start of the Reserve League matches. The first game is on April 7th, the next one after that is on April 15th. Hopefully there were no setbacks for either and they can get their first run-out of the season on those dates.

SoCalYid repped this.
  18. kaburu

kaburu Member+

Jul 12, 2009
    los angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking about this... Right now Magee is playing at a level well above what we saw from Donovan. That may change within a week or two, but Magee up top with Keane is not a bad option, and then you could have Franklin (who was REALLY good yesterday) and Donovan on the wings.

Berks repped this.
  20. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys realize every single dropped point this season was due to a defensive brain fart... :(

21. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    but what about Clark!!!!?? ;)

from what i saw of LD i dont want him starting against Monterrey he is no where near match sharp

22. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As appose to what? The offense not finishing their chances. Get real.

23. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what the heck do u mean get real? how stupid are you. did you not see the poor marking on Chivas goal or Leonardo's awful backpass? Finishing is a MUCH tougher feat than doing your standard everyday job defending simple plays.

24. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I mean is that if we score four goals in every game then the odds are we're getting all three points every game we play. You need to get real because defensive goals are going to happen. In theory every defensive goal given up is a defensive breakdown. We've given up three goals in four games, compare that to last season. If we go the rest of the season averaging 2.0 GF and .75 GA we're going to be in pretty good shape when all is said and done.

25. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair points everyone about placing LD on the wing. I just don't want to break up the band!!!

But yes, with the youngsters playing so well, I get it. And fair point from WarGalaxy on LD's role with the Nats.

I suspect he'll get shoved upfront at minute 70 like we saw last year if we're not scoring anyway.