Owen Back To Prem?

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by slidingtackleCOM, Jul 9, 2005.

1. slidingtackleCOM

slidingtackleCOM New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Real annnounced today that he will have to accept being a bit part player otherwise leave. I cannot understand this considering his impressive record last season, especially after being on the bench most of the time. For some reason he is just not being given the opportunity, most probably because of the established names of Raul and Ronaldo. But what does everyone think will happen with him?

2. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Chelsea, Manchester United of Arsenal is what will happen to him although I love the idea of him moving to Barca.

3. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Why, he's coming to Newcastle United of course.

4. pappa

pappa New Member

May 4, 2005
    he's a great player but he's at a great club and i think even owen is a bit out of his depth if he wants a starting place at madrid

www.soccersaurus.com

5. ranny fash

ranny fash Member

May 18, 2005
    notts
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    ^wtf?! are you saying raul (most overrated player ever) is better than owen?. rofl.

6. Crown Paints

Crown Paints New Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Barnsley
    Owen is getting a bum deal at Madrid, he was Madrids second top scorer last season (ronaldo being top), and although he did start to get games towards the season end. Plus with Madrid trying to get Robinho Owen will be pushed once again to the bench which is not good enough for a player of his undoubted ability.

Personally I'd love him to come back to Liverpool, but Benitez seems fixated on Crouch and I think its best not to argue with the man who has just brought us the Champions League

7. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You prat.

I'm not even going to bother pointing out Owen's record in Spain, It's more than enough to call you a prat.

8. slidingtackleCOM

slidingtackleCOM New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    I will then, 13 in 20 starts Speaks for itself. However I still can't see him getting a game. Raul and Ronaldo's reputations precede them regardless of their performances. That is why IMO he won't get a game and should look for another club.

9. Bodmanza

Bodmanza New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Edmonton, Canada
    *whistles and walks away*
    Owen to Newcastle? Shearer needs a greyhound along side him... hey, it could happen!! :eek:

10. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    But it won't ;)

11. Bodmanza

Bodmanza New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Edmonton, Canada
    *covers ears and stomps on the ground* I DONT HEAR YOU

12. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I know it has nothing to do with the thread but its spelt NEWCASTLE it was really bugging me

13. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    I've been saying for a while now, he is just the type of player that Chelski lack, soemone to pick up the pieces, it would not surprise me at all if he went there!

I don't think he'd fit in at the Arse or Manure and I can't see him going back to Liverpoo - just my opinion :)

14. Bodmanza

Bodmanza New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Edmonton, Canada
    Hahah pointed it out in two threads it bugged you so much?
    Slip of the finger, my apologies

15. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He did very well in La Liga, was good to see all the prophets of doom beforehand made to look foolish. Also important to bear in mind that many players struggle in their first season abroad, especially when it's their first transfer ever, so for him to play like that was encouraging. The play there suits him well now that he's become less of an out and out pacey player.

I think Owen will stay at Real into next summer. Then maybe will have to move to another top club.

16. AmericanEnglish

AmericanEnglish New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Seattle/New York
    I can see owen and henry being the deadliest strikeforce the planet has ever seen

17. B Rock

B Rock Member

Oct 7, 2004
    I actually that he is making them look quite intellegent right now. If you look back a lot of the concerns weren't whether Owen could compete in a top class team. The questions were why Real Madrid? Raul and Ronaldo were already entrenched and RM has a penchant for unneccesary offensive purchases (see the Robinho chase this summer). Owen's performance's aren't on trial here, Ronaldo and Raul's reputations are; and may I add they are winning my quite a margin.

No one worries about Owen coming back to the Prem and competing at a Manchester United or Arsenal for playing time; but thats because neither of those teams have two legendary figures lining up in front for them.

Owen's struggle was never going to be about performance; and the proof of that is that he was, in the objective observer's eyes, easily the most productive and effective striker during his time on the pitch. What has that gotten him? A likely #4 poisition in the forward depth charts (assuming that the Robinho transfer is completed) and looking for a new club.

18. ShoogarTheBarbarian

Jul 21, 2005
    Indianapolis, IN
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could see him moving to Arsenal, Chelsea, or Man U in the winter possibly.

19. ranny fash

ranny fash Member

May 18, 2005
    notts
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    ^owen would be great at arsenal

20. USGunner17

USGunner17 New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    Texas
    i agree. owen to arsenal would definately be nice. :D

21. toon_soldier_86

toon_soldier_86 New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    THE BAY
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    newcastle :d :) :d

22. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    hahahahahahahahaha...*sigh* :eek:

23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It would be funny if he went to Man. U. . It would make no sense. The have RVN, Rooney, Saha. He would be a 4th string striker :D

24. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Owen is far better than Saha, so how exactly would he be 4th choice?

25. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Louis Sahahaha is basically a poor mans Dwight Yorke .Had a very moderate career and then he suddenly had a burst of goals for Fulham one year .Fergie has a brainwave and splashes 14 million quid on the languid lazy guy .Since then he has done practically nothing apart from disappear in big games and get injured alot.

I dont wanna see owen waste his talent and join the Glazer Bucanneers.
    Hopefully he will join Lyon or stay at madrid .