Over my Limit.

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by TheTreasurer, May 12, 2006.

1. TheTreasurer

TheTreasurer Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Hey guys,

Without realising i have purchased tickets to 8 matches now. Do FIFA cancel my order or don't they give a sh*t like Korea-Japan.

2. joamiq

joamiq Member

Feb 14, 2006
    DC
    It didn't stop you from buying the 8th match? I thought it was supposed to stop you during the purchase process if you already had 7 matches.

3. TheTreasurer

TheTreasurer Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    No actually i now have tickets to 9 matches.

2 in phase three and 7 in this current phase. I have all the certificates and credit card has been booked.

4. joamiq

joamiq Member

Feb 14, 2006
    DC
    Wow. And in Korea-Japan they didn't care?
    Anyone else know the answer to this? I'd sure like to get a semifinal...

5. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    God DAMN!!! If I could just go to Germany earlier, I will be ALL OVER THIS RIGHT NOW!!! :(

6. TheTreasurer

TheTreasurer Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    I actually got through to teh comfirm purchase page for 1 O.V ticket to the Dortmund semi But i couldn't go as i am back in Australia by then GGGGRRRR.

7. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Even though you are already over your limit and FIFA don't catch it, the best bet is to sell 1 ticket that you think it's not desirable to you. You don't want FIFA to find out and cancel any random ticket on their behalf, that sucks if they cancel your fave match.

That's what I would do if i were you...

8. TheTreasurer

TheTreasurer Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    yeah i think i might do that.

Woudl FIFA cancel my entire order?

9. TheTreasurer

TheTreasurer Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    I've checked FIFA site it doesn't say anything about owning more than 7 tickets all it talks about is not applying for more than 7 tickets.

Someone have any clarity on this my creditcard has been booked. It also says tickets orders can't be Cancelled.

10. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hmm, I can't answer that, but whatever action you are going to take, please do so in your best interests. I would hate it if FIFA does something bad because of these limits. If you still want to keep it, please have a hard evidence that FIFA never states anything in their webpage just as you claim.

If I were you, my action will be in the following preference
    1. I would try to keep all the tickets, but to do so, research anything you can find on their OFFICIAL website (not forums) for hard evidence.
    2. If I can't find any hard evidence on their official website, I would just cancel one ticket that is the least desirable in order to avoid any complications. I would rather watch 7 matches than having one match cancelled at random (the least they can do) or cancel the entire order (the worst they can do)

Good luck!!

11. TheTreasurer

TheTreasurer Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Yup i've already decided this i'm going to Offload Sweden Vs T&T and Australia Japan to resale when the Customer Self Service will let me.

12. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    just an FYI, this is what I found

"10. How many tickets can I apply for?

In price categories 1, 2 or 3 single match tickets may be ordered for a maximum of up to 7 games per person and an additional 3 persons, so called “guests”. This means 4 tickets per game for up to 7 games.

For price category 4 single match tickets may be ordered for a maximum of up to 3 games per person and one additional “guest”. This means 2 tickets per game for up to 3 games.

In case that tickets could be allocated in a prior sales phase, these tickets have to be taken into account. Example: In the first sales phase tickets for two games in price category 1, 2 or 3 were allocated. Then tickets for up to 5 matches in price category 1, 2 or 3 might be ordered.

These restrictions have been established in order to grant as many fans as possible the chance to order tickets.

Failure to comply with these limitations can cause the complete rejection of applications.

Therefore please ensure that you do not order more tickets than permitted per person and per household. Any applications by persons applying for more tickets than permitted can be excluded from the allocation process retroactively as well. The applicable criterion is the sum of applications in which persons appear as applicants and applications where persons appear as visitors on other applicants’ applications."

It doesn't say how many you can have, but I would assume that order means possesion if it goes through.

Just an FYI, not trying to push you to sell your tickets, but to help you make decisions in your best interests

13. TheTreasurer

TheTreasurer Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Yeah its not clear on how many tickets you can own.

cheers.

14. lebowski2332

lebowski2332 Member

Dec 14, 2005
    seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can also release for re-sale.

I would do nothing that risks losing the good games; you know that FIFA will have no trouble selling out the popular games and it is not worth incurring their wrath.

15. gokorea

gokorea Member

Jun 2, 2005
    do you think it's okay that i "transferred" the extra ticket? or would they still try to cancel my other tickets..

i just transferred the extra ticket to my sister.. (who is not going)..
    - _ - ;;

gawd.. i'll be so mad if my other tickets get cancelled..

16. yessam1277

yessam1277 Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Haiti
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have done the same thing, and I am really uneasy about it.
    I know Fifa wouldnt give a **** cancelling the whole order. But hopefully they wont, before anything though, as soon as i got my 8th game which was Munich semifinal #62, I released a game (Spain - Saudi)

When I was getting spain - saudi, my friend was trying to get it for me as well. We logged in practically together without knowing, and when I tried to submit the application and Buy it told me I already have ticket for that game, because my friend had just pulled the trigger.
    It shouldve done the same here, saying we have a maximum of 7 games already.

From now up till the first game I am going to be sweating the status of my tickets. I really dont like to be in that position. If someone finds out anything about that issue, let us know please

17. gokorea

gokorea Member

Jun 2, 2005
    you'll be sweating just for the first game?? i will be having mini-heart-attacks until my last game!! arghhhhhh oh why oh why was i so dumb..

so when you resold your ticket, it still stays on your account right?

i really do hope FIFA wont waste time going after real and relatively innocent fans like you and me..

i slept very uneasily last nite thinking about this .. =(

18. WB04

WB04 New Member

May 5, 2005

I am sure you have checked customer self service from time to time and have noticed that everything you have done stays on your account including unsuccessful applications in prior sales periods and applying for conditional tickets.

With a successful ticket application it states "paid" in the lower left hand corner. If you have put tickets up for resale and they have been successfully resold this will be noted in the "details" section. All 3 boxes (release for resale, rescind resale and transfer tickets) will be greyed out and your refund or pending refund is noted.

I interpret the instructions on the FIFA ticketing web site to mean that you cannot have tickets to anymore than 7 games. I had reached that limit but then I successfully resold tickets to 2 games leaving me now with a total of 5 matches. I then purchased tickets to Australia vs. Brazil last night and I was able to do so without any problem. From what I have read on this board FIFA did not program a purchase tickets blocker to keep someone from exceeding the limit. If the rules are indeed to allow a fan tickets to no more than 7 games then this type of program should have been developed and added to the site.

Once FIFA decided to implement the resale option they should have clarified the procedure. They should have specifically addressed the the situation and spelled it out the updated rules clearly on their web site. It appears to me that the instructions on their site presently are referring to the earlier lottery type sales phases.

Personally I think I am ok however when you first glance at my ticket history in the customer self service it appears I have tickets to 8 games. However by checking the details anyone in the ticketing office can see that I only have tickets to 6 matches at this time.

I believe the worst that can happen to someone who has been allocated more than 7 matches is that FIFA would cancel the most recently purchased game (s). I cannot believe that they would cancel someone's entire order. That would create massive problems for more than one fan I am sure. Fans have been planning for years on attending the tournament and many have already spent lots of money on airline tickets, hotels, etc. and are planning on spending lots more during their stay in Germany. To have all their tickets taken away because of what may very well be an honest error by a legitimate fan would be dreadful.

I sure hope that I am correct.

19. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil New Member

Apr 27, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have the same problem.

I have got tickets for 9 matches though I actually wanted only 7. One I got from phase I (lottery) and one from the resale phase.

Then during the "yellow rush" it happend several times that I could log in and put all my data in and sent it but only to receive an error which put me back in the waiting room. I didn't receive any confirmation mail for these either and it was not possible to log into the CSC for several hours. So I kept trying getting other tickets. Which worked several hours later without errors (including the final).

One day later I found in the CSC that two of the earlier orders which received an error during ordering went through too along with my other orders. My credit card was already booked for all games too.

Note, I have not used multiple accounts or something. All of these were done from the same account. Since I'm a software developer myself I found it a bit bizarre that their application cannot count up to 7 games and allows more orders to go through. Either their software is severely broken or the 7 games rule is not really set in stone.

Up to now I have tickets for 6 of the 9 games in my hand.

But I fear they could cancel me two of the three other ones which would include the ticket to the final.

20. lebowski2332

lebowski2332 Member

Dec 14, 2005
    seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This may help. I think that the rules are unclear (seems to say that applying for more than 7 is the prohibited activity, not purchasing or possessing).

If you resell any tix over 7, I think you have a very strong legal argument that you have not violated the rules, since those tickets will be officially used by another "applicant"; you will not, in fact, be attending, possessing or "owning" tickets for more than 7 games once your credit card is refunded and those tickets are resold.

Given how screwed up the error/confirmation/purchase tickets pages are, you could also document that you obtained the "extra" tickets solely because FIFA's own system did not accurately inform you that you had been allocated tickets on a timely basis.

There are enough cases on BS of people not being sure if they really got tickets after hitting the final "purchase" button, that FIFA will have a hard time revoking tickets if you argue that you accidently went over the limit because of their own system flaws.

From FIFA pages:

5. What is the maximum number of tickets per person household? Are tickets transferable?

Individual tickets are on offer in four price categories. Per household, you may apply for a maximum of four individual tickets for up to seven matches in categories 1-3. In category 4, the cheapest category, the maximum is two individual tickets for up to three matches per household. In the TST category, you may apply for up to four TST series per household. A "household" is defined as one surname at one delivery address.

Each household may only apply for one price category per match. This price category also applies to all joint applicants named on the application form. You may not apply for tickets to more than one game scheduled for the same day. Only one application per household is permitted per order period. A "joint applicant" is defined as a person listed by the applicant by name on the application form.

Fifa "Do's and Don'ts"

Anyone who applies for more than the permitted number of tickets may have their orders excluded from the ticket allocation, even after tickets have been allocated. The total number of tickets is the sum of all orders where an individual acts as the applicant and orders where this same person is listed as a guest.

FAQs

74. Can I make a new application if I have already been allocated tickets in a prior sales phase?

If you were allocated tickets for a TST series in a prior sales phase, you are not permitted to apply for single match tickets in any other sales phase.

In case that tickets could be allocated in a prior sales phase, these tickets have to be taken into account. Example: In the first sales phase tickets for two games in price category 1, 2 or 3 were allocated. Then tickets for up to 5 matches in price category 1, 2 or 3 might be ordered.

Any applications by persons applying for more tickets than permitted may be excluded immediately or retroactively from the allocation process. The applicable criterion is the sum of applications in which persons appear as applicants and applications where persons appear as visitors on other applicants’ applications.

94. Which tickets can be resold?

Customers who have a login for the Customer Self Service and own tickets which have been paid for can offer these tickets for resale. customer. These tickets can be offered for resale again during the next resale phase (starting May 1st, 2006). Tickets which could not be resold until two days before the match remain in possession of the original customer.Complete TST-series can only be offered for resale until up to two days before the beginning of the tournament. It is not possible to split the TST-series into single match tickets and to re-sell only individual tickets.A release of tickets for resale can be revoked as long as the tickets have not yet been sold.A ticket obtained through resale cannot be offered for resale again.

21. TheTreasurer

TheTreasurer Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Its not clear but considering it hasn't made it clear i would say that we are ok. I've knocked back Sweden-T&t so i have 8 matches.

22. yessam1277

yessam1277 Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Haiti
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Clear or not clear, they can still do whatever they want.

If they'd really do something like cancelling the whole tickets application, they better let me know so I dont add insult to injury. I am about to book plane tickets, hotels, train passes...
    It would be a DISASTER walking up to the first game and seeing that my ticket is not valid :(

How long will we have to sweat this????

23. WB04

WB04 New Member

May 5, 2005
    Like I stated earlier I believe if you have 7 games or less you are ok. Even if you have exeeded the 7 game limit and FIFA catches it I believe the worst thing they would do is cancel the tickets you purchased most recently. Then again who actually has any idea what they would do.

I do fault FIFA for not updating the FAQ section to address this situation. I have read posts from several BS members who appear to have tickets to more than 7 games as well as people like myself who had tickets to 7 games but then SUCESSFULLY sold 2 of the games, not just put up for resale, 2 of the games tickets through the OFFICIAL FIFA ticketing center.

24. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I did not go over my limit but from my personal point of view... you are over a 'limit' - two options - sell 1 or 2 that you dont desire and sleep easier or just hold onto them and go to the games.

If you chose to keep the games then your fate is really out of your hands. If they chose to invalidate all of your tickets or just the most recent one you probably cant do anything about it.

If you wait for an official answer such as "your last ticket will be cancelled" then you try to resell one that you desire less than the rest - chances are you prob wont be able to get them out in time esp with the CSS jammed with applicants like right now.

Its rather pointless to try to pinpoint which sections are unclear in the faq. If they say you cant apply for more than 7 tickets and you try to argue it doesnt say buying - they can simply come back with 'you cant buy without applying' when you choose your ticket(s) in phase v or resale and hitting that continue button isnt that applying?

25. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    as for my point of view, it's not worth it to just attend one extra game for the risk of getting the whole orders cancelled or at least one order cancelled at random... that's my take, my risk is not the same as someone else's risk

if you want to risk it, do it the right way, not just for an extra one game, do it like 5 or 6 extra games...