Out with the new, in with the old - The 2022-23 Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by celito, May 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    [emoji281]) JUST IN: Barcelona’s plan is to announce the signings of Christensen and Kessie by this weekend. @ffpolo #Transfers

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    yep. Not sure whats so difficult to understand (@Raul-7 o_O).

3. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    That you're going to regret it; he's one of the best upcoming CDM - it's like us selling Tchouameni.

4. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I understand your point. However, you can’t regret something that’ll probably never happen anyway. Meaning that he’s never been given a proper chance in his preferred position ever since he’s been here. So we would have probably never gotten to see him realize that potential you’re talking about.

5. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    Apparently he rejected ManUtd's offer.

BocaFan and unclesox repped this.
  6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bayern has declined a 3rd offer for Lewandowski of 40m + 5. Bayern are cunts.

Jpows repped this.
  7. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Screw them. My only hope is that we don’t go full retard and offer the 60m they are asking for. That would be beyond stupid and such a Barcelona thing to do of late. Smh.

8. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He had his moments.
    Thank you, Luuk.

BocaFan, ShortyMac, evil_allan and 2 others repped this.
  9. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    Why you're trying to sign a 33 year old striker is beyond stupid.

Barc@4ever and unclesox repped this.
  10. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I agree. However, if it’s a one or two year deal at the right price, which it’s obviously not, then I could understand it. Which striker can you get for around 35m, which is the max I would have paid for him, in this market that will move the needle for a club as big as Barcelona?

Aubameyang doesn’t move the needle for us, and neither does Memphis. Ansu Fati has that potential but he’s injured more often than not. You’ve seen the absurd amounts needed to sign someone like Haaland or Mbappe…

The market is what it is. I could easily see you guys going after Lewandowski on a short-term deal if Benzema decided to leave right now.

11. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Are you referring to the same player that many claim should have won the Balon D’or for the past two seasons and is showing zero signs of decline ?

Serengeti_Boy, Jpows and BocaFan repped this.
  12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Good point. Especially in the Madrid forum:
    "I have no doubts that Lewandowski can continue at a very high level for 2-3 more years"
    "Lewandowski to Barca is not good for us"
    "Ronaldo earns twice as much as Lewandowski. "
    "This would be my selection [for Ballon d'Or] 1) Lewandowski 2) Messi 3) Benzema 4) Ronaldo"

Then countless more posts about Lewa being deserving for the Ballon d'Or both in 2020 and 2021, and being deserving of top 3 again in 2022.

I like the comment about CR7 earning twice as much too. Puts our concern about the cost of Lewa into perspective. Sure he's expensive, but still just half the price of CR7 and twice as productive.

TitoTata repped this.
  13. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Hallelujah !

14. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I also love how they like to give us crap for wanting to push out deadwood but then read all of the comments on their forum regarding Mariano, Bale, Hazard etc. Lmao.

I’ve honestly never seen more blatant hypocrisy than on that forum.

Als love how Golden Boy and internationally lauded Pedri is “overrated” but Tchouameni who is still largely unproven is “the best midfielder in the world”.

Not saying he can’t become that, but to say that at this moment in time while discrediting Pedri is kinda crazy. I wouldn’t take Camavinga or Tchouameni right now over Pedri or even Gavi with the apparent strides the latter has made playing for the Spanish NT.

We just need a proper Busquets replacement and we’re set in midfield.

15. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    Acquiring Lewa gives us the best finisher inside the box in world football right now. 60M honestly isn't a lot if we can afford it. With his work ethic, he should be a great player for 1-2 years to keep up competitive while our young squad rebuilds.

16. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    [emoji599][emoji599][emoji599] Dembélé is about to renew until 2024 with a 40% wage decrease! (@ffpolo)

Hopefully the we put the money for Raphinha towards Bernardo Silva !

17. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    To be honest; you don't need any new signings. You have a strong core with Gavi, Pedri, Depay, Dembele and FdJ.

You need to remove the dead-weight this season and stop making useless signings like Ferran Torres, etc. Then rebuild next season. You're club seems too eager to get back ontop and then moaning later that we need to sell, etc.

18. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I disagree. We really do need some key signings in several departments to at least be competitive on the highest stage. Furthermore, I don’t think that we can simply “rebuild” next season as our financial situation isn’t a quick fix.

As far as Torres is concerned it’s way too early to determine if he’s a “useless” signing. We could have said the same thing for Vinnie after he arrived at RM, so chill.

Finally, as one of the biggest clubs on earth it goes without saying that FC Barcelona is eager to get back on top. With that in mind It’s not “too” eager if we haven’t won anything meaningful since 2019. Doubt y’all would be saying the same thing if it were RM.

I do agree that we have to spend more smartly and that we have made some terrible purchases in the past. I even agree that I’m concerned about the long-term effects of these “palancas”. Time will tell.

evil_allan repped this.
  19. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Here we go again .. TalkSport suggesting that the FDJ deal is close to being done

£65 million with add - ones ..

Paid in INSTALMENTS !!!!

Also Lenglet is close to being shipped out ... on LOAN !!!

20. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    not according to Laporta: "We have no intention of selling [Frenkie de Jong] and he wants to stay. I will do everything in my power to make him stay"

21. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    We want him to take a substantial pay cut and his agent has said that won’t be happening

22. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    then it sounds like both the club and his agent want him to stay and are just using United's interest as leverage in their negotiations

23. Barc@4ever

Barc@4ever Member

Barcelona
    Jul 21, 2020
    Didn't he say the exact same thing about Messi ?

unclesox repped this.
  24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yep. Can't take what Laporta is rumored to say too seriously. FdJ in most likelihood is leaving. Hopefully for something close to Euro 80m.

This is official now. Both signed on four-year deals with very high buyout clauses. They will spend the prime years of their career with Barca. :thumbsup:

25. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Never seen Kessie play tbh. Doesn’t seem like a typical player for us but he seems to have made an impression on a lot of people in his time at AC Milan so who knows.

I just hope Christensen can stay fit, he, one the other hand, is quite the Barca-type CB with good ball-handling and a great passing range.

I still hope for Kounde-Araujo though tbh.