Our Pals, the Saudis

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Bill Archer, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But the SUBJECT was airport security.

You don't stop Federal Building bombings at airport security checks.

My thesis also doesn't cure cancer or eliminate racial prejudice. It was about AIRPORT SECURITY.

Read that again: AIRPORT SECURITY.

If you are concerned about OTHER forms of terrorism, great. I'm against them all. But Tim McVeigh didn't drive a rental truck through the checkpoints at Logan.

Hello?

(I knew I should have kept my resolution to not post here. Idiot.)

2. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    > But the SUBJECT was airport security

Here are the rules that airliners should put into place to stop any future September 11's:

nothing.

I mean, now that people know that they are going to die anyway, how could they possibly let some guys with boxcutters take over an aircraft? All the stupid checks we do now have not stopped anyone, and they are not going to. That is because terrorists are smart, and they will figure ways around such things if they want to. Note that the idiot with the shoe bomb and a couple of loonies that tried to get into the cockpit were all stopped by passengers. Airline companies only put the checks into place to make people feel like something is being done. But they don't do anything, and it has become such a hassle that people are not flying.