Our first general assembly 1/26/08

Discussion in 'New York City FC' started by southpaw817, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    who do you think that guy at the end of the bar was ?
    He was scouting us out...:D

2. southpaw817

southpaw817 New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    Queens,NYC/Wantagh
    Good call,if we are going to get out there we have to maximize our efforts. We should def hit dif ethnic festivals and parades around the city(San Gennaro,St Pattys,Columbian parade,Brazil festival in Little Brazil, etc) We have to go to the "hot zones".

3. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

he is an NYCFC Ultra!

4. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll take care of the Brazil one..LOVE them Women:D

5. southpaw817

southpaw817 New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    Queens,NYC/Wantagh
    Im with you brother,they are top notch.

6. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To tell you the truth..I LOVE THEM ALL:D

7. southpaw817

southpaw817 New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    Queens,NYC/Wantagh
    Haha im with you there as well.

8. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My friend is Brazilian, Ill get him to translate the flyer into Portuguese and we can lace up Astoria and Long Island City.

This is one of the reasons why I think that the website should have a SOLID call to action.

We can hit up certain publications with in the community which I know get good circulation. This way we can target the community directly. Its a matter of once the website is set up, the formatted email and the resulting call to action then all we have to do is open our big mouths. This area is just waiting for this to happen.

Frankly I think that we should some how get Wilpon to acknowledge us. If he sees that there is a solid group out there doing some of the dirty work, then the man has to take some action.

Maybe a march on shea? Hang banners on the fences of the Shea parking lot for Opening day?

9. Pangloss

Pangloss New Member

Nov 3, 2004
    NYC
    I think if there is any possible way we can pull something like that off we need to seriously consider it. I think that would do a great job making Met fans aware of us and what we're after, while also having the effect of making Wilpon take notice. We'd have to work out the logistics (it would probably have to be in the parking lot as I doubt we'd be allowed to hang a banner in the stadium), but it's something we need to give some thought to.

10. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The only downside I have to the is how the Mets fans will react. I believe that if we keep it respectful it would prove to be a GREAT way to get some attention.

11. southpaw817

southpaw817 New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    Queens,NYC/Wantagh
    I just posted our links and a brief description of who we are on the Mets official message board(In OT section)since I already have a login.
    The parking lot might be a great idea man,we can set up some banners on our cars and make some noise.

12. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If we can get enough people to show up, then I say we shoot for media coverage. A few emails to certain people and see what happens. Maybe, maybe not but its a beginning.

13. Pangloss

Pangloss New Member

Nov 3, 2004
    NYC
    I was thinking that also. We couldn't just show up at a game with a whole crew and start singing for 3 hours, because we'd probably do more harm than good for ourselves. There has to be some way to bring some positive attention to our cause at a Met game though.

14. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    On the other hand I also dont think that all Met fans are anti soccer. Personally I know many that are into soccer. I think that if we mind a happy medium we could make a difference.

15. Pangloss

Pangloss New Member

Nov 3, 2004
    NYC
    We could just buy tickets to the game and have a traditional tailgate. We could park along the fence and hang banners, hand out fliers, that sort of thing. I'm not sure what the security situation in the Shea parking lot is like though.

16. Pangloss

Pangloss New Member

Nov 3, 2004
    NYC
    To answer my own question -

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/ballpark/faq.jsp#tailgating

17. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think that if we entered the game with the intentions of making noise, we would be disrespecting the fans. Well at least on opening day. Later on in the season is up for grabs. But for sure all along Roosevelt Ave. we could hang up banners and hand out fliers. Hell we could even bring in some Brazilian girls to hand out the fliers, I'm sure Woodside would love to do that.
    How much could ten girls costs us?

18. southpaw817

southpaw817 New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    Queens,NYC/Wantagh
    Haha bro that might not be a bad idea lol. And you guys are right,we shouldnt make a ruckus. We should prob stay in a certain area with our banners up and hand out some flyers.

19. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

dont forget that the mets have soccer night at shea - which they already know we are interested - i think this night is the biggest night because not only the mets but lots of soccer fans will be there. They are going to contact me with dates

20. shonuff85

shonuff85 New Member

Jun 18, 2007
    here and there, NY
    DOH!!!!!

sorry i missed meeting u all, i had a family commitment that day (which i had explained to Nick.)

sounds like it was fun times. i making sure next time that march 1st will be all clear.

BTW, what's with all this talk about some guy calling everyone mutts?

21. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the aptly named guy at the end of the bar -someone even joined the boards with a name in his honor - he is going down in BB history - im still tryin to think of a song about him - ha ha

22. shonuff85

shonuff85 New Member

Jun 18, 2007
    here and there, NY
    lol

was the guy's name tommy, and he thought one of u were asking to pay the bill of $10K.

23. Ultravolta

Ultravolta New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Dancefloor
    Sounds like a v.e.r.y. good call!! :D