Oughton gone as well...

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Zak, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Crew have released Duncan for a FRIENDLY in Iran, so he won't be available for Friday. Total BS if you ask me, despite the honor of playing for your country, both Duncan and Columbus Crew shouldn't of allowed this. We're already going to be thin at the back, and given that Duncan can play on the right, it just doesn't make sense.

2. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Anyone who is familiar with the FIFA rules could you explain if Crew could've refused this?

3. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When was Kiwi officially released for that FRIENDLY; before or after the result against DC where Williams and Denton cautioned themselves into a one-game suspension..?

4. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    My assesment from reading the article is that the team was named yesterday.

5. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    This ridiculous

6. ignatz

ignatz New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Washington, DC
    You aren't alone. We're losing Ryan Nelsen to the same friendly.

7. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    It's an FIFA international date.

Crew has no choice. Galaxy lost Elliot, DC Nelsen, Chicago Ralph and Williams.

8. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    That sucks, but if we couldn't fight the New Zealand federation then I guess there's no point in moaning about it.

9. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    I know it's not the time to say this but Tree's avatar is funny as sh!t.

10. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    True to an extent. These FIFA dates are set WAY in advance. MLS has no one to blame but itself for losing player to these types of dates.

As a Galaxy fan, I am stoked that Elliot will be gone. He has been the most worthless piece of penguin dung in MLS this year. maybe..MAYBE LA might actually win a road game if we get someone else in there...

@ Eggy...you should have seen the one I voted against using...I refrained, since it would have been too over the top for the "Save the WUSA" crowd

11. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    post it on here.....

BTTSAH I wonder if we will get a quote from Andrulis using these suspensions and call ups as an excuse since it's partly his fault we have all these suspensions.

12. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While the Crew might not have had a lot of options with regard to Oughton being gone, I believe that Oughton himself could have asked to be excused because his club is fighting for it's life, is shorthanded, and needs him worse than New Zealand does.

But since the management doesn't seem to care enough to do something, why should he?

13. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I wonder if his not getting any time this weekend affected his decision. He looked to be a bit confused while warming up, even more so after the subs left the field.

14. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't Oughton suspended for caution point accumulation for the last match?

15. Snuffles

Snuffles New Member

May 27, 2003
    UK
    Why don't they just not play on FIFA international dates?

16. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Very few of our teams are the primary tenant in their stadiums. Those that share w/ American football teams do not have the ability to re-arrange their schedule to the FIFA calender.

That, and most MLS officials probably don't know what the hell a FIFA calender is, never mind where to find one.

17. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I think they're usually available at those temporary Page-by-Day calendar stores that show up at your local mall around Christmas time.

18. TracieB

TracieB Member

Oct 2, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oughton was suspended for the game at New England on September 28 due to yellow card accumulation. He was available for the October 4 game, but for some reason Adrulis decided not to use him.

19. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    Too bad, he could have been a 99th min. sub for Busch....or McBride, it's hard to make a guess, but I know I've got the time right.

20. NorwichBu

NorwichBu Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    So, we're missing Williams, Denton, and Oughton? And Cunningham is still a bit injured, yes? While to some this may be a blessing in disguise, even if we go with Akwari, Clark, McCarty and Hejduk in the back, and the same midfield and forwards as last game, what subs does that leave us (that was a long sentence)? Garcia, Walsh? That's not exactly "cause fear in your boots" material there. Goddam it's looking sour. Why do they have to torture us by showing it on FoxSportsNet.