Other WCQ Matches

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by leomessi1919, Oct 10, 2009.

1. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ok, so today obviously our match is the big one, but given our position, we have to look at other games if we want to qualify directly. Ideally, we win at home and get chile and colombia to draw in medellin. that would eliminate colombia from contention, and ensure that chile will still have something to play for against ecuador. we all know bielsa will play attacking futbol, and given colombia goalscoring woes, he hopefully won't get caught out as badly as he did in brasil. no alexis sanchez for the chileans: Bravo; Ponce, Vidal, Medel; Fernandez, Carmona, Beausejour, Millar; Gonzalez, Orellana, Suazo

ecuador vs. uruguay is obviously the other huge match today. how will uruguay handle the altitude? i don't think very well. the line up for ecuador: Elizaga; Espinoza, Ayovi, Hurtado, Yano; Mendez, Castillo, Valencia, Noboa; Caicedo, Benitez
    Uruguay: Muslera, Lugano, Scotti, Cacares, Gargano, Pereira, Pereira, Rodriguez, Perez, Forlan, Suarez

given the situation of our back line, it would be very comforting to know uruguay will be eliminated. i don't like the odds of schiavi and heinze against a desperate forlan and suarez. i predidct, and hope, this game ends 2-1 for ecuador.

2. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    as of now the CONCACAF standings:
    1. USA 16 pts
    2. Mexico 15 pts
    3. Hondurus 13 pts
    4 Costa Rica 12 pts

If we have to go through the repechaje, I would obviously like to avoid the US for personal reasons, and I'd like to avoid Mexico because I'd like to avoid the azteca. Going to a military coup torn hondurs won't be fun either, and the US have to go there today. Mexico hosts El Salvador today, and Costa Rica hosts T&T so I would think both of them will win. However, the US hosts costa rica on the last day, so I think IF we go to the repechaje, it will probably be against Costa Rica and their plastic/concrete field. Hopefully we can avoid this situation all together

3. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Take it easy, we will win 3-0 today and 2-1 in Uruguay. Ecuador will get a close victory against Uruguay and Chile will beat Colombia.:)

4. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    what Matias said.

Hoy no vamo a perder. Y Chile tiene ganas me parece, creo que al menos
    un gol anotan hoy.

5. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    watching sweden vs. denmark and sweden has scored twice, but both have been disallowed. i guess fifa really wants c ronaldo to go to south africa

6. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    Vidal :mad: scored for Colombia.

7. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    chile is up 2-1. colombia will be eliminated if we can win

8. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well the other results mainly favoured us adding a plus to our victory. Paraguay defeated Venezuela and Chile defeated Colombia, Ecuador had many matches at home on the pocket, but the pants are bad quality it seems... So yeah Colombia and Venezuela are pretty much out of the way, a draw in Montevideo could secure the 4th place except if Ecuador wins by like 5 goals.