Other Teams Thread (R)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by RiverGaucho, Oct 17, 2010.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree loco. I can't remember the last time I watched an NT friendly, but so far its been worth it. Kranevitter has stood out.

Casco just made an amazing move but Kun Aguero missed a header he put on a platter for him. I'm getting more and more exciting about the possible signing of casco (though lets be fair, Bolivia's NT has the level of say crucero del norte or temperley, probably worse)

2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Former River midfielder Santiago Solari is being linked with San Lorenzo's coaching job (another of his many ex-clubs). Hopefully, he'll get the job and take his cousin Augusto with him.

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    wait they are family?

4. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Augusto is Santiago's nephew.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why do you think the kid has gotten so many chances? :D His last name carries a lot of wait, not just for santiago- who is his cousin, not his uncle btw @balazsriver10, but for his grandfather Jorge Solari who played for River in the 60s.

His other cousin, Liz Solari, was at el monumental last season for the Sudamericana Final too. She may also have a hand in him playing :D

[​IMG]

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i ve noticed about her before

She borned in barranquilla :)

7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mercado revolution :laugh:

[​IMG]

Ron Mexico and pepinointer repped this.
  8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    WTF... the joint top-scorers of the Argentine league with 8 goals are ...

Sand and Bordagaray

:confused:

Ron Mexico repped this.
  9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL the "mighty" Atletico Nacional lost their CWC semifinal 3-0 to a Japanese team. (!!) I was hoping they'd give Real Madrid a fight, but I guess it's good they didn't even get there... if they were humiliated so badly by a Japanese team, what would have happened vs. Cristiano Ronaldo & co?

This isn't the first time a South American team fails to advance to the final -- in 2010 Internacional lost in semis to a team from Congo, and in 2013 Atletico Mineiro were eliminated in the same stage by a Morrocan team. Still, very surprising to see the Colombians perform so poorly...

BTW, the FIFA president Infantino has mentioned numerous times that he plans to expand the CWC to 32 teams, with numerous representatives from each continent. That would be completely awesome and essentially the ultimate football tournament.

megamac20817 and RiverGaucho repped this.
  11. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Infantino also wants to expand the World Cup to more teams which is a dumb idea but the club World Cup should at least also include the cops sudamericana and Europa league winners. Better than having some team from Oceania. That tournament would benefit with more teams but would the UEFA teams want to play more games?

megamac20817 repped this.
  12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Infantino is a complete dumb ass. He wants a 48 team world cup with 16 teams being eliminated after just 1 game, which would take it back to 32. Honestly, its the stupidest idea I've ever heard. Teams and fan bases would get all geared to go to the world cup only to lose the first match and go home. Its beyond stupidity.

That being said, a 32 team world club cup would be interesting. I would love to see it played world cup style with 3 group matches guaranteed, but then again, is their time in the calendar?

As for Atletico Nacional, well its really pathetic. It just shows the value of River beating that Japanese team last year to reach the Final, but also the fact they we dominated the Suruga Bank- which was played just hours after the Libertadores win. Our team basically flew hungover the next day, got to japan, and whipped their ass 3-0, and it could have and should been worse. Just shows you how specially that River team was. I also rematched the River-Barcelona match last night, and I had forgotten just how River was doing in the opening 15-20 minutes of the match. Barovero made one hell of a save from Messi, but we were really finding space with Carlos Sanchez and Mora down the right, and Vangioni also had a few moments where if his final ball had been like the one he gave Alario in the Libertadores Final, we could have taken the lead, and then, well anything could have happened.

I do wonder how much longer CONMEBOL teams, River, and strangely enough San Lorenzo, aside, can continue to get eliminated before we lose the bye to the semis. Obviously we know he wants to expand the tournament to 32 games, but thats probably years away and if conmebol has another year or two of humiliations like this, maybe another federation will make a move for the automatic spot in the semi. The best way to avoid this is to see River win the Libertadores again in 2017, and restore some pride in CONMEBOL in the CWC a year from now. Seeing just how badly At. Nacional did, it really makes the 2016 Copa Libertadores seem like a blown opportunity.... Not just for us, but imagine how say, Rosario Central feels, who, I believe were much better than At Nacional, but lost very late on a controversial refereeing decision. I think even Rosario would have done better against the japanese

PD I hope Club America gets railed by Real Madrid tonight/tomorrow

megamac20817, Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.
  13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Food for the thought- if they had video technology in the mundial de clubes last year, would Messi's goal have been disallowed?

I am against technology in football, it ruins the flow of the game and as this mundial is proving, it is confusing, and the refs still get it wrong, but it would have been interesting if they had tried it out last year. May have made the difference.

Ron Mexico and pepinointer repped this.
  14. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's a new technology so it'll be difficult for the refs to get used to. I think video technology is the right way to go but they should limit it only to one review per team per game as to not ruin the flow of the game.

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    La cosa es que hay jugadas que viendo el video...dan a muchas interpretaciones....como contactos que son penales fueras de lugar, intencionalidad de la mano.

No todo es tan evidente como una mano voluntaria...

Osea por mas que el juez tenga psoibilidad de ver el video, hay jugadas que seguiran siendo polemicas...entonces ese uso de la tecnologia lo que hara es agrandar la polemica

pd: VIVA KASHIMA!!!

RiverGaucho repped this.
  16. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I'm sure you know this by now, but the same Japanese team you speak of gave Real Madrid a hell of a game and due to controversial refereeing, Real finished extra time with 11 men.

Atl. Nacional lost 3-0, but the scoreline doesn't tell the whole story - Nacional was dominant in the first half and hit the woodwork twice. Kashima Antlers is also the first team to score on the Champions' League champion since Corinthians scored against Chelsea in 2012. And, the Japanese squad never backed down and was disciplined from start to finish - not to mention their victories over the champions of Oceania, Africa, and South America. Only Europe defeated them.

Your own team only defeated a Japanese team 1-0 in 2015, and with a 72' minute goal. Perhaps the Japanese aren't that bad.

kromekote repped this.
  17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Um, well, thanks for your wisdom. See you in the Libertadores next year.... Oh wait, you're not in it! CULO ROTO! ANDA A LIMPIAR PISOS EN EL MORRO DE SAO PAOLO! WORK WORK WORK

18. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Yeah, unfortunately we did not have a good year, and we did not qualify. Hopefully you'll do well in 2017 - you should be glad my team isn't there, because the last time we were and our teams crossed paths, we defeated you with a global 5-2 scoreline - with a 3-2 victory in your stadium to send you packing.

As I'm sure you have not forgotten, we went on to become champions and to defeat Liverpool for the Club World Cup - an accomplishment you failed to reach last year.

:)

E continue catando lixo nas suas vilas miseráveis, argentino.

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    jajajajajjaajaj que paso aca.

kromekote repped this.
  20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In today's Racing-Gimnasia friendly...

ORION.... cuando no?

:ROFLMAO:

volve a bocaaaaaa, que te necesitan idoloooo

RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.
  21. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hahahaha Lucho vacunó a los cuerBos se quieren matar

22. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Este desastre de los equipos argentinos en la libertadores es nada mas que la consecuencia de estar sin jugar 4 meses, de estar sin dinero de tv por pelotudeo dirigencial y de un pésimo sistema de clasificacion donde se decidieron las plazas en un semestre de 14 partidos mientras los equipos mas fuertes jugaban la libertadores pasada (y por eso hoy boca y racing que son los 2 mejores equipos del país hoy por hoy no la están jugando)

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hoy river masacra al dim

24. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Si vieras jugar a River últimamente sabrías que eso es altamente improbable. No tiene generación de futbol y no compró a nadie para remediarlo. 1-0 DIM

25. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River jugando en la copa es otra cosa. Ademas, en el ultimo partido con Union nos faltaban dos guerreros Ponzio y Maidana y también Moreira que nos da salida por la derecha. Ojo que tenemos dos verdaderos cracks arriba en Alario y Driussi, cosa que ningún otro equipo en esta copa tiene